Computer Vision Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Computer Vision Engineer Interview Questions

Computer vision engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Why does one use MSE as a measure of quality. What is the scientific/mathematical reason for the same?

2 Answers

Mean-Square error is an error metric for measuring image or video quality it is popular video and image quality metric because the analysis and mathematics is easier with this L2-Norm metric. Most video and image quality experts will agree that MSE is not a very good measure of perceptual video and image quality.

The mathematical reasoning behind the MSE is as follows: For any real applications, noise in the readings or the labels is inevitable. We generally assume this noise follows Gaussian distribution and this holds perfectly well for most of the real applications. Considering 'e' follows gaussian distribution in y=f(x) + e and calculating the MLE, we get MSE which is also L2 distance. Note: Assuming some other noise distribution may lead to other MLE estimate which will not be MSE.

How would you code up a custom rectangle detector?

4 Answers

write the c function for the atoi function.

1 Answer

Given a 2D grid consisting of links and vacancies represented by a 2D array and assume you can move from either down (j,k)->(j+1,k) or to the right (j,k)->(j,k+1) unless there is a vacancy

4 Answers

Most of them were work related questions. Tough was on how to best perform road marker detection

I also had a phone screen where they asked me to write code on a shared screen. I think they asked me to remove duplicates from an array. The phone interview was quite straightforward and good.

What is the difference between debug and release mode? Have you used revision/version control? How can you find 2nd highest number in an array in least time? How to eliminate corners in a bunch of 3D point cloud? How to find shape/object correspondences in 3D point cloud?

How would you send an encoded message in an image. First encode it, then write code to decode it.

2 Answers

Transpose a Matrix. First do it using extra memory, then do it in place.

110 of 22 Interview Questions