NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.2

Marketing/Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

NVIDIA is a place that claims it is diverse and inclusive. In reality, a bunch of Indian and White guys want to hire people who look and sound like them. NVIDIA does not care if you are capable or smart if you are a lady, because as a woman, you couldn't possibly understand their deep learning.

If you are a woman, you should be "beautiful." (Take a look at Jensen Huang's Keynote Video in which he compliments a Marketing Associate for being brave and "beautiful." If that isn't sexist or "conscious bias" - which is worth than unintentional bias, I don't know what is.)

Bottom line: If you are a woman leader, NVIDIA doesn't want you. If you are young and cute, you might be valued for being "beautiful."

Interview Questions

• NVIDIA asks routine questions. If the male hiring manager doesn't want to hire you, he will find a way to show you that you are deficient. As other candidates have remarked, this is an unprofessional group of aging bros who don't care if they waste 3 to 6 months of your time and humiliating you - they have no intention of hiring, promoting, or grooming women leaders.   1 Answer

Senior/Cloud Software Engineer - Java (GTS Group) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

2 relatively easy phone interviews, 4 onsite interview. I did well in first 3 onsite interviews. Last interview was with so called chief cloud architect - GTS group does not have common sense how to conduct interview. I asked him some basic questions like how GPU scale, he got so wild that he started why did you come to interview with reading all those information. He also asked me about simple singleton question, I told him about Bill Pugh method he heckled shamed me. And finally he asked me about square root. I was writing a code in binary search way to explain the code he again heckled at me. I came to know this guy came to reject me. One point time I was like dude I am also done, who gives a damn about nvidia GTS group. Anyway I had offer in much better company. I have around 16 years of experience in Software industry, I never had such a horrible experience with any interviewer. Right way I did shoot an email to HR saying I am not interested with position and also I feel it would have been the same result from there side. Guys avoid this arrogant team. And also be prepared to have tons of patience because this GTS team takes their own time may 1 - 2 months to process.

Interview Questions

• Design Rest api on for e-commerce website
      Check number set bits for integer
      check if graph is bipartite
      Design question on throttling.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I got a 45 minute phone interview scheduled with two interviewers on the line. They initially asked me questions about my experience in computer vision and deep learning. From there on, they led on to more technical questions related to neural network architectures and techniques like batch normalization and dropout. The interview also included some basic programming questions related to Python and C++. For the most part, it focused a lot on explaining various algorithms and techniques related to deep learning. I had to explain a lot of the math and intuition behind various practices alongside answer questions on their pros and cons. Overall, it was a very exhaustive interview, covering a lot of the fundamentals of deep learning, especially within computer vision.

Interview Questions

• What makes ResNet different from other CNNs that came before it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email from the HR after I applied for the job about a month back. We scheduled a technical phone interview the week after. All questions asked are technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Virtual functions and why we need them?   Answer Question
    • How to process an image in CUDA? How to map to threads? Is it memory-bound or compute-bound?   Answer Question

Computer Vision and Automotive Developer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I got 1 Phone interview. They asked me question about my experience in computer vision and deep learning and their job responsibility. Now I am waiting other team's phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I first got 2 telephone interviews, which were not that difficult and mostly based on Computer Networks and OS. Then I was called onsite. I had 6 Interviews - 2 telephony, 1 lunch, 3 face to face. The onsite telephone interviews weren't clear and though the job description didn't mention Machine Learning and Compiler Construction I was asked questions about it.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

My application position mainly work on the synthesis part. I got 2 phone interviews, the questions were all the tech Q. Those were really easy. Then I quickly got an onsite interview from 1:30pm to 5:30pm to be interviewed by 5 engineers. 3 of them ask Tech questions which were easy to answer. Manager mainly ask me about the personality question. I did not give a good answer in the personality part.

Interview Questions

• how to solve setup violation? What the solution would impact on the other part of the design?
      how to deal with the SI issue?
      Clearly know about the calculation of setup time, or min clock period
      What is OCV on timing check?how to calculate? What is the CPPR?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked with them in career fair, they give you an east quiz and then ask you couple of questions. After that I did one phone interview and then went for onsite, the whole process took one month.

Senior Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two screening level on phone.Each Interview lasts for 45 min.
    Asked a few questions about my projects on my resume and some questions on basics engineering .Glassdoor feedback was helpful

Interview Questions

• Draw Cmos inverter.What would happen if we swap Pmos and Nmos.What if Nmos is connected to VDD.
      Questions regarding .lib,LEF, Antenna file content .
       How do we define rectilinear polygon in LEF..
      Multicycle Path calculation for setup and hold .
      Draw 4 Input NAND Gate using 2 -Input NAND Gate
      what is index table defined in .lib file.
      How do we define antenna rules in techfile

What are all challenges faced in your recent project.
      Questions were more from your resume.
      Any scripting which is hard for you.
      Tell us more about colored flow.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After I submitted my resume, I received an email from recruiter to setup an in-person interview with the hiring managers in Santa Clara. After our initial meeting, I had several follow ups with other ~7 individuals at or above my level. In the first meeting we talked about potential start dates that were 6-8 weeks out, contingent upon successful subsequent interviews. All in, everyone was pleasant to speak with and we exchanged good information about the challenges and opportunities as it related to this role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer