NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Pretty streamlined and standard internship interview process. Asked real time coding questions on coder pad and asked project centric questions. It's good to have ideas on what kind of projects you like. Coding questions were fairly easy and the interviewer was helpful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

There were 3 phone interviews. First two were technical with the team I was going to be working with, and then a third non-techincal with the head of that division.

Interview Questions

• Basic C concepts (malloc, pointer arithmetic, struct packing)   Answer Question
    • Given a file of whitespace-separated strings, output their number of occurrences and optionally sort the strings by the number of occurrences   Answer Question
    • Bit manipulation   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a project you worked on. What were your challenges and strengths? How did you measure success?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by multiple recruiters over a period of several months. I had one interview cancelled. One rescheduled after the interviewer called in 30 minutes late. Another time the interviewer was 10 minutes late. Eventually I went through 2 rounds of phone interview before they decided not to proceed further. The recruiter was friendly and helpful, but I did not feel the hiring managers respected my time enough to show up on time and make decisions in a timely manner.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at the university job fair about my skill-set, and he forwarded my resume to one of their teams. I had two phone interviews, both with members of the potential team. The first was entirely based on my resume, and the second was mostly with one real-life problem thrown in that we worked through the solution to during the interview (trying to see my problem solving process). I received notice of the offer several hours after the interview concluded, same day.

Autonomous Driving Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Seems the HR forwards my resume to a different group... Asked me some knowledge in C++11 (smart pointers, vectors), operating system(semaphore vs mutex, process vs thread) and an algorithm problem (no need to code on computer)

Marketing Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the hiring manager by a mutual contact. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was shortlisted for on-site interviews. The interviewers were GREAT. They took the time to tell me about their culture, their team and were very open about their weaknesses. They made me feel very comfortable and asked very good questions. They were all smart and pretty good at what they did. I was scheduled to go for second rounds of on-site interviews but got a call from a senior recruiter who said they are down to 2 candidates, they will choose one of them and don't want to waste my time. How nice is that? I told her it meant a lot to me that they didn't waste my time and were open and honest with me.

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Boston, MA).

Interview

2 30-min phone interviews with project managers, 2 an hour-ish in person. and skyped with everyone on the team, because they are all over the place in the world.

Interview Questions

• I'm coming out of a phD program, so it was mostly about my research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a mail regarding a telephonic interview. Was called on time questions were well built and in a hierarchical manner all related to the work they do. The interviewer was a senior software manager.

Interview Questions

• What is bus arbitration and how you optimize switch daemon?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter from University Recruiting after submitting my resume at a career fair. We set up a phone interview the following week. The interviewer was professional, polite and gave a great introduction to the company and division I would be working in.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, contacted by hr in two weeks, then scheduled a 45 min phone interview. The interview consists of easy questions with little coding in python.