NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2018

3.2

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted for 1 Hr. He started off by asking me about my projects, while explaining, he asked me a bunch of questions on that. Then he started asking me questions on digital logic design, state machines, metastability, latch based designs.

Interview Questions

• Questions in digital design, timing violations, metastability   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interviews, first contacted by a hiring manager and then phone screened with one of the deisigners in the analog team. There are general questions and some deep ones. Most of the regarding the amplifier design and mixed signal systems.

Interview Questions

• Basic analog amplifier qustions and mixed signal systems   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The team I interviewed for did a '360 degree process' that improved roughly 9 interviews. I had a mix of phone and local interviews and then an HQ onsite.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you had bank transaction data, and wanted to separate out likely fraudulent transactions. How would you approach it? Why might accuracy be a bad metric for evaluating success?   Answer Question
    • What is the equation for Convolutional Neural Networks?   Answer Question
    • What is the equation for Gradient Descent?   1 Answer
    • What are the advantages and disadvantages of neural networks?   Answer Question
    • What does Deep Learning mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the components of a computer and how they work together.   Answer Question
    • Map out an example of a CNN on the board   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I applied online. Recruiter phone screen went very good. Then hiring manager phone interview followed by a engineer phone interview. Had a good chart with hiring manager, but engineer was very arrogant and not respective at all. Told you read this, read that during the whole phone interview process . I won't never work with developer like this one.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The recruiter asked purposes to apply the company and what was the memorable experience in previous projects then started a coding test that was not hard but I needed fixed again and again for the best time complexity. I took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What was the best or worst thing in your recent project?   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

It is an one hour technical phone interview with two people from the group. Pure technical questions regarding package reliability. You need to answer the question at a high level. It is a good experience for interview.

Senior Robotics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

Three round of phone interview and then on-site. HR is very responsible, all phone interviews are technical questions about my research. I try to drive the direction the relative to the Nvidia's interests. Still waiting for the on-site yet.

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2018.

Interview

Jast asked me about my resume projects and coursework, but they were looking for a Software person. The Interviewer was very friendly and the voice clear at my mobile. An HR person wrote me an email and we fixed the interview after a week.

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Mountain View, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by some Indian manager and I could tell right away that he had no intentions of making me an offer and was just going through the motions because HR sent him my resume - because I am super qualified and have over a decade of experience. He obviously knew, based on my last name not being Indian, that he didn't want to hire me prior to the interview. He just started going through a bunch of technical questions related to the Incident Management process, so not technology questions but rather process questions, and it really made no sense to barrage me in the manner he did, unless of course you are trying to set the candidate up to fail so that you have some easy excuse to tell HR to send the candidate on their way. And I actually answered all of his questions correctly. If that wasn't his plan to set me up to fail, then the individual was incompetent and didn't know how to conduct an interview. Either way, he shouldn't be in a manager role at NVIDIA or any company and I hope NVIDIA will discover this failure of a manager and remove him.

High Level Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with several team members all day at the beautiful new Endeavor campus. Based on the Glassdoor reviews, at first I was worried that they might ask random academic questions just because it's Silicon Valley, but actually the vast majority of questions were relevant to the areas of expertise needed for the job.

It took about a week after the interview to get declined.

I have the impression that NVIDIA is an amazing company, probably one of the best places to work in the country right now if you want to be on the cutting edge of AI.

The only suggestion I have (if the company is reading this) is to have someone on the interview team send a note with personalized feedback if NVIDIA is genuine about the wording in the rejection letter about encouraging me to apply for new openings. I have a rare skill set that is difficult to find on the market, and the team interviews seemed to go well. So I can imagine the company reaching out to me again at some point if there is an opening that is a better match, but I am not sure it that's just a boilerplate rejection letter (probably) or they genuinely want me to apply again.

Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about projects at my existing job that have similar technical challenges facing the NVIDIA projects   Answer Question