NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2018

3.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I asked questions mostly related to the tools I've used and the tools they are using. They like to use Python in their toolchain development but it also depends on the developer's preferences.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews after being contacted by a recruiter. The first interview was with the hiring manager and it went well. It was technical with a mix of OS/ data structures knowledge and a reasonable coding problem. The second interview was with an engineering team member. Within the first few seconds I knew it would not go well because he had a VERY thick accent and was extremely difficult to understand over the phone. The interview focused mostly on debugging strategies/scenarios and some OS-related questions. It was an incredibly awkward interview as I had to ask him to repeat almost every one of his questions, sometimes multiple times and a couple of his questions I had to ultimately guess what he meant. Really strange that Nvidia allowed this to happen.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Contacted by an HR through email after 2 days of applying and was setup a phone interview that week and was asked about my resume and asked a few questions on how I will tackle a problem that they are having. After 4 days I was contacted by the HR about the second phone interview which is supposed to be today. I will update as we go along.

Interview Questions

• How would you tackle this particular problem?   2 Answers

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled a phone interview with one of the engineers from the team. There were couple questions on basic concepts but also a few coding questions. The coding questions used an online text editor where you and the interviewer can co-edit, but the first program I used during this interview was a little glitchy but he had a backup so we were able to finish the interview using another editor.

Interview Questions

• big endian vs little endian   Answer Question
    • from OS/kernel perspective, what happens when a program is executed?   Answer Question
    • difference between thread and process   Answer Question
    • write code that reverses a string (follow up questions that deal with pointers and parameter passing)   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The interview started with a review of my resume. The interviewer tried to get a sense of what kind of person I was. Then, we discussed three technical questions that increased in difficulty.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach fitting several rectangles/squares that vary in size onto one large square board.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Interview

I've been working in Silicon Valley for over 10 years and the interview experience was probably one of the worst I have ever encountered. The recruiters are very non informative and non responsive. I had to consistently do their job and follow up with them and they would not even get back to me. Basically gave up pursuing the role after the on-site because of the lack of communication

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

the interview process is very smooth and they move very quickly.
    Phone screening was pretty easy.
    the onsite interview was scheduled a few days after phone screening.
    I liked the new state of art office very much.

ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

An HR contacted me for scheduling an interview. The whole process was made up of 3 phone interviews, two with the engineers in the team and one with the manager. All the interviews were technical and the result took more than 2 weeks after the last interview to come out. The interviewers were friendly and let your time to think the answer.

Deep Learning Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.

First phone interview had a live coding session.
    Second phone interview was just being asked in depth technical questions.
    Onsite had six interviewers, five of which were strictly technical.

Interview Questions

• Implement a convolutional layer in Python   Answer Question
    • How is a virtual function implemented in a compiler?   1 Answer
    • Several questions on computer architecture, matrix multiplication, GPU computing   Answer Question
    • Questions on resume and projects   Answer Question

Software Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Raleigh, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

it was a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and we had a good conversation. He asked questions on security concepts and I could answer most of them.