marcus evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nicosia (Cyprus)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Nicosia (Cyprus)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone screening 2 weeks later, the lady that interviewed me on the phone was very pleasant and friendly. She asked basic questions about me [past work experience, expected salary etc.]. Then we scheduled a face to face interview.

I had 4 one to one interviews in total. I met the manager and the woman that interviewed me on the phone at my first interview. They explained what the role was, what they were expecting from me and how the company works. From my understanding they needed a person that can work under pressure, is very well organised and is quick in picking up new skills. I was offered a second interview 1 week later.

I was assigned a small project by the manager and had a 5 day deadline to submit. The third interview was to evaluate my project and i had to present my results to the manager. She then explained the salary structure and commissions that my position could offer.

The forth and last interview was again only with the manager. She handed over a multiple choice test for me to fill in in 40 mins. We went through the answers together and then i was offered the position. I accepted the offer and signed the contracts a few days later.

Interview Questions

• 1. How good are you with time management?
      2. How well can you work under pressure and tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact by talent department verifying and clarifying position details and reciprocated interest in moving forward. You will meet for one on one interview with management from specific division for which the posting is related. Provided there is interest from this point you will then meet with other managers and area director to see if they too believe there is a mutual fit before committing and providing offer. Offer was given during 3rd 1:1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you might face by taking on this type of sales role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews, one phone interview, then two face-to-face interviews. Was going great until had to come back for 3rd and final interview where I faced some interesting answers to the questions i asked.

Interview Questions

• Three words someone would use to explain you. Three different words to explain yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by 2 face to face interviews. 2 weeks into the job I kept hearing managers with the same pitch to potential recruits. It's a high turnover job. It's basically a minimum wage job. They said the average 1st year salary range is 55K. No shot

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First I received a call from the manager, and we schedule a 1-1 interview, very easy and quickly they just need to be clear about your personal skills and commitment for any company that you want to join

Interview Questions

• why are you applying to a sales position   1 Answer

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was super easy. They seemed to be assesing grit and personality fit more than anything else. I had a phone screen, in person with would be manager, phone interview with another team manager then q&a with the CEO. There was a very informal personality type test as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are some challenges to achieving our goals in our markets?   1 Answer
    • What do you see as being the value of this product to our target market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

first phone interview was super simple. It was more like explaining to me what the company does, how much they pay and the culture than an actual interview. They asked me about my previous experience in sales and went over my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a very straightforward, nothing unexpected type interview. The hiring manager asked behavioral-type questions. It lasted about 30-40 minutes. Invited for a second interview at the office in chicago.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

My phone interview lasted about 3 minutes, I had interviewed with the company several years ago, I remembered that they offered an extremely low pay rate. When I asked about this the interviewer said that by asking about a base salary I was ending the interview. I think I saved both of us a wasted hour , I should have refused the interview. Does not seem like a company a true professional should avoid.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not ask any question before ending interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about 20min. Seeing skills and ambitions. One on one interview 2 days later. They were at the end of their interview process for the job posting, which is why it moved so quickly. One on one interview was to see if I knew about their company, my skill set and what my motivation was. Throughout the process they seemed to favor someone that is aggressive and want to make money. I declined a second round interview, because the pay was too low. My task for the second round was to create a sales pitch.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job. Got a call the next day, then went in 2 days later for a face to face interview. Then got called back the next day for feedback from both me and the interviewer and then set up a 2nd interview for the next week. For the 2nd interview had to write out a sales pitch for an event and also find 10 companies and 10 leads and explain why I chose them. Was then contacted the next day with a job offer and asked to start that week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fair