marcus evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Disorganized and rude. I did the initial phone interview even though the interviewer said at the start she wouldn't discuss salary( a sure sign pay is low). Standard interview questions-I agreed to an in person interview. Checked around before then and talked with someone working there. Base is very low 20's. I have over 10 years sales experience and won't work for that low a base so I emailed to cancel interview and let recruiter know why. She replied with a weird email saying people move around and this affect me in the future. To top it off, another recruiter for this dump contacted me a week later for another position. No thanks!

Account Executive Interview

Interview

My phone interview lasted about 3 minutes, I had interviewed with the company several years ago, I remembered that they offered an extremely low pay rate. When I asked about this the interviewer said that by asking about a base salary I was ending the interview. I think I saved both of us a wasted hour , I should have refused the interview. Does not seem like a company a true professional should avoid.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not ask any question before ending interview.   Answer Question

Event Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Quite odd to be honest. A recruiter for an entry-level Event Producer position reached out to me to schedule an interview. Him and I went through the job description and I said I'd interview. A few days later, the person I'm supposed to phone interview with is about 15 minutes late. I notify the recruiter, he says that person had to leave early with an emergency and can't interview until the following Monday...understandable!

Monday comes, the person is 12 minutes late for the phone interview. This is where all the shady Glassdoor reviews of Marcus Evans start to seep in...

The person interviewing me had absolutely no drive to be on the phone. Burning through questions and barely listening to my answers. I attempt to ask a question about the job training (since I was told numerous times throughout the interview that the training is rigorous), and I'm rudely cut off and told I cannot ask questions until it's my time. Shocking. I've never had such a rude interview. They were going to pass my resume off to a different department after the person came to the conclusion that I wasn't right for the position -- and that was the end.

Tip to management: Have people who have not experienced employee burnout yet handle the interviews. This person was clearly uninterested in having to do the interview, and that ultimately sheds a negative light on the overall company.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very straightforward and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Sales & Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted by someone in H.R. per an online application. Never called at the scheduled time. Scheduled a second time. Never called at the scheduled time! I followed up with them about a third time (stupid on my part, I know!). Scheduled a day and time and again surprisingly was ignored AGAIN! No one called or emailed to apologize either. Horrribly unprofessional!

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

This was my first in-person interview, so it was more of an information session, where the interviewer explained in detail the project cycle and what his daily duties entail. Occasionally the interviewer asked me to basically regurgitate what he just said to assess my understanding of his description. Ended with a very detailed explanation of the pay and advancement process in the company.

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at marcus evans (London, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

3 stage process, have to produce a brief conference on a topic of their choice and then present to interviewer. All desk research and mainly looks at how well you know the inner workings of the company

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people being rude to you on the phone   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Phone call which lead to two rounds of in person interviews. The final round of interviews is with the vp of the regional sales division for which one is interviewing for. Overall it was a nice process however, I didn't feel as though it is a fit for everyone.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

quite old fashioned questions were obviously prepared without a flow just for the sake to be asked .No clear description of a job title itself as well as day to day responsibilities.No clear explanation of salry and renumeration package.

Event Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The phone interview took around 30 minutes. The next step will be a meeting at their office to discuss the role. I will be given a task to solve - this is what I've been told.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Rather difficult interview process. Very challenging, forward questions. However, reasonable questions considering this role would be for a sales position. They certainly want to see how tenacious you are. Personally, the atmosphere was not for me. I know many people who work in sales, but this seemed to be of a different caliber. I read some bad reviews on Glassdoor before finalizing my offer, so I was a bit biased and ended up turning down the offer.