Project Controller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Project Controller Interview Questions

Project controller interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

They asked a question that was somewhat confusing at the time but made a lot of sense later. They asked how I would deal with monitoring the work done by payroll administrators even as I was not their supervisor but was still responsible for the accuracy and quality of their work. Ironically, this question rang in my ears for a long time--it was definitely a dilemma.

2 Answers

Lacking overall context, this question appears to be taking a long view on the project ... if you're managing budget, tracking tasks and attentive to remaining scope of effort, it would be useful to ensure (minimally) that: - hours worked/paid aligned with estimates - hours worked by groups aligned with delivered work -- is it done, did that element exceed budget - reporting on overall project relative to plan ... in short, does it mirror (quite literally) where you say we should be. In this space, labor is one of the few variable costs ... failing to completely supervise payroll could quickly cause a project to go over budget.

That is true and I was happy to do that. The problem did not lie in tracking and managing budgets. The problem dealt with administrators having trouble receiving constructive criticism or being asked to fix their entry errors by someone that was not their supervisor, especially on a weekly basis since books closed weekly. Nonetheless, that was a big part of the job I was paid to do, the accuracy and integrity of the reports was my responsibility.

None...they asked no difficult questions. Maybe "Where did you go to college and what degree did you receive?" Literally, that was it.

1 Answer

What is your biggest weakness? I hate that question because it's a trick question. If you say you don't have any, then you appear to be cocky and arrogant. If you state a weakness that is job related or was the same weakness as the previous person, then you have just shot yourself in the foot.

1 Answer

What was a difficult job-related situation and how did you respond to it?

1 Answer

Name a time you didn't have a time to complete everything what did you do?.... Also make sure you know how consulting billing works, time and expenses, etc.

1 Answer

Why should we hire you for this job?

1 Answer

If you were a Disney character who would you be and why?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time where you failed and what did you learn from that situation?

1 Answer

The first question asked when the interviewer entered the room was "Why are you here?"

1 Answer

In depth case study 30 min discussion with the interviewer. Great way to showcase your experience!

110 of 45 Interview Questions