Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Highlight yourself , they aren’t looking for technical expertise. Make a personal connection - get them talking. Know your story and be energetic. They don’t wanna hear typical (BORING) answers , they want you to bring your personality , they are looking for fit

3 , 30 min interviews back to back

Interview Questions

• Name a time you improved a process , give an example of when you worked in a team. Give an example of a time you had to deal with adversity in a group setting. What’s your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Comptroller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online through school recommendations, emailed me about a phone interview. Had a phone interview, was invited to SLC. Mostly behavior questions. Two separate interviews each with two men. They definitely play the good cop bad cop at super day. One seemed annoyed and did not pay any attention and seemed distracted the whole time, while the other was involved and said things after each question "wow that sounds really interesting, sounds like you made a good decision in that scenario". Overall the interview was really weird, and I left not wanting the job. Applied to other jobs and accepted an offer before they got back to me. Applied in Sept, went to SLC to interview in Oct, and just recently heard back, middle of March. They also did not pay me back for expenses until FEB! Whole situation weird, and I found the really delayed check, and reply very unprofessional. SLC was great though. I also heard they offer below 50, so keep in mind before getting your heart set on Goldman.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Multiple group interviews with 2-3 associates. They then will go back and compare notes to determine if you are a good candidate. They are also looking to see if you are a person that they want to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2011.

Interview

Recieved a phone call from an experienced recruiter who asked questions regarding my past experience. After a back and forth he informed me I was best suited for a leadership or managment position that they currently do not have an opening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

very very very hard and not that interesting of a process. Didnt actually want to work there by the end of the interview process. Would have rather ripped my throat out than work for the guys that were interviewing me. Overall i would say apply somewhere else. Just not worth it.

Associate Interview

Interview

The Goldman Sachs process is extremely long. I had multiple interviews, beginning with a phone interview with a recruiter, followed up with another interview by the actual hiring manager along with multiple individuals in the team. Finally, after the phone interview, I got an in person interview. I just wish that they would have told me sooner rather or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about what you would do in this scenario.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Invited to super day event with 20+ other people. Was treated with respect by everyone. Had several interviews with separate teams that were hiring. Some interviews were completely non-technical and some asked programming questions. A week later I was invited back to an all-day interview with about a dozen people.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There were a number of telephone interviews from different locations, Hong Kong, London, New York and Bangalore before being called for a one on one interview, The entire process took about 3 months before final offer was made

Interview Questions

• why join a Financial services firm at such an uncertain time in the industry with so many moving parts?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Review the offer and compare with industry standards and your own qualification before negotiating up for salary

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very long process. Takes a while to get through all rounds.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2009.

Interview

Initial communication was through e-mail. My submission to the HR department was an internal referral through a friend. The company was very professional on the phone interview with the HR rep.
    However, the HR rep continually made it sound that Goldman was so much better than everyone else, it became a bit annoying, and the HR individual did not know much about the job, but pretended to know questions I had for her.
    The interview process was two rounds of five interviews each, each lasting 30 min. It was a combination of phone, teleconference and live interviews.
    Approach from interviewers was cordial, but specific to one section of my resume. Primarily testing communication skills, leadership ability, desire to work for Goldman, and if I "fit" into the culture of the firm. More senior interviewers were less specific about what they wanted, but interviewed for this "fit".

Interview Questions

• No specific technical questions were asked. Only questions to see if I identified with the internal culture of the firm. When I asked an interviewer if there were any specific questions for me, he said that Goldman prides itself on teaching and training from within, and that as long as the person shows specific qualities, they should work out in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very tight. They pushed to get the answer quickly and there was little wiggle room

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

This was for their private wealth management division:
    Did two phone interviews on two separate occasions with more recent hires (both at associate level) with similar formats, but clearly different styles based on the personality of the interviewer.

First interviewer - Around 50% background questions and 50% brainteaser types. Did reasonably well, but got hung up on the last brainteaser that I had to be guided through. Generally friendly and answered lots of my questions about the position/department. Good enough to get me to the second round...

Second interviewer - Starts by asking about some points about my educational background and asks for elaboration. I've been asked about it in many past interviews, so talked through it quite smoothly, but he clearly didn't understand the subject at all (Monte Carlo acceleration techniques). He promptly switches the topic and start throwing math brainteasers at me one after another until I start tripping up a bit and he says "come on, time's ticking", instead of offering any hints to move the process along. Afterwards, he just says the "we'll be in touch" and hangs up. One of the rudest interviewers I've ever spoken with.

Interview Questions

• Given N noodles in a bowl and randomly attaching ends. What is the expected number of loops you will have in the end?   5 Answers