Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017
3,334 Interview Reviews

3.2

Investment Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had the opportunity to use Goldman Sachs' new HireVue applicant pre-screening tech for an IMD Internship I applied for in August, and interviewed in September. The pre-recorded questions are multi - faceted, which I allowed to throw me off my game. I have not heard back from HCM, but I am confident that I will not be extended an offer to attend superday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision in a team, without all the information being given. Was it the best outcome? Explain.   1 Answer
    • Describe in detail how the Finance Division safeguards the firm's assets   1 Answer
    • What does the Investment Management Division do? What area within IMD do you want to work, and why?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was a campus recruiting process. It was only one day interview for a Summer internship. It took one hour. 30 min with one person, and 30 min with two other people.

Interview Questions

• They gave an example of what they do at GS, and they asked us to identify the risks and controls in this process.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Interview

Interviews were easy, mostly focusing on your past experience. Some behavioral questions were asked. First phone interview had technical questions, the next round focused mostly on behavioral and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Simple technical questions. How did you overcome a challenge or difference of opinion with a team member in the past   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

A long process of 12 interviews over 3 days, varying from one-on-one settings to a panel style interview process.

Having lived in Russia for a couple years, I listed it on my resume as a known language. One of the interviews was held completely in Russian, which was really just a conversation with a native Russian from the trade floor. After about 15 minutes of chatting, he told the VP in the room that my Russian proficiency was good, and we moved on to the next interview.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied and was sent a straightforward hackerrank challenge. Was later sent a hirevue interview, all behavioral questions. Invited for on site which was mostly behavioral, and general programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/resume based, one technical question, general programming language questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online through the campus portal. I was invited for a first round interview. They used hirevue to ask 7/8 questions, most of which seemed unrelated to the field I applied for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online (not with university), receive hackerrank and then an email a few weeks after inviting me for super day. Very surprising that a company like GS would have such an unorganized recruitment process in my experience. I was told to be ready to arrive on-site in Jersey City by 8AM. I don't like in the area so I had to take transportation there. Once I got there the night before, they sent me an email telling me my actual interview was at 1:00 so I should be there at 12:40... When I got to their office they give me further notice my interview is /actually/ 3:30... I felt like I was sent on a wild goose chase for no reason.

The questions I was asked were very general. I felt like I had prepared for the wrong thing (studied financial mathematics topics) because I was asked 1 basic competition math question and 1 basic coding question. I wish I had just spent time reviewing those cute tricks in math instead

Interview Questions

• You have a pile of rocks that you may divide in any ratio you choose. You write down the product of the stone-counts of the piles you create. You repeat this recursively until a pile is only 1 stone and stop. What is the closed form solution of the sum of these products?   1 Answer

Strats Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The first round is the online coding test. There were 2 problems with python and each has several following questions. All passed but still didn't get to the next stage.