Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2018
4,487 Interview Reviews

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Multiple group interviews with 2-3 associates. They then will go back and compare notes to determine if you are a good candidate. They are also looking to see if you are a person that they want to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Was invited to the new office building in Jersey city. There were 8 of us in a group. We rotated to go into each interview room one by one. Each room had two interviewers. I spent about 30 minutes in each room. I went into a total of 5 rooms.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very detailed and very professional. First round would be a telephonic mostly random technical question and resume screening. If that goes well, candidate would be called into office for a series of interview with team mates, leads, architect & senior managers. There could be a written test followed by technical rounds. If all goes well, couple of days later you might get the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Can vary from core java to system designing & architecture. Data structures & algorithms   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Long 3 hour interview. Had 6 different directors walking in and interview me one by one. Questions were fine not very difficult. Didnt get through tough.
    Only one compliant, they did not respond with a yes/no for a very long period of time.

Interview Questions

• I was new to US then and they questioned my ability/inability to aptly fit into to the cultural/professional environment of the country.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screening with the HR, and one phone interview with a VP. Then I had met 4 different VPs on a 2 hour long interview for half hour with each. I expected a lot more on behavioral questions. One of the interviewers were talking with pretty low voice that was hard to hear.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

It was the most tiresome . The firm's interview process is lengthy and very time consuming. I met in all 18 people before I was hired. The process was lengthy but people were very nice and considerate. they also understood how cumbersome the hiring process is.

Interview Questions

• My past experience and work related technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Very easy going, personable, energetic interviews. Separate interviews with each team in the department, so I was often being asked the same questions over and over again. Interviews were succinct and 30 minutes each, with the next team waiting outside to conduct their session. The overall time being interviewed on-site was approximately 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult boss? Talk about a time you led a project? How do you lead people? What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen recruiter, phone screen hiring manager, 8 onsite interviews with a number of senior people. Not terribly difficult - not terribly dissimilar to other firms (this was for a strategy role)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time your analytics led to real change for a company   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

applied online, called me the next day. Interviewer said he would forward my resume to hiring manager. never heard back from them. I emailed to check up about to weeks later. no answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Expect many interviews from various people at all levels. Focus will be on intellect, professional ethics, and work ethic. The company has a team oriented culture and working with others is an important part of the firm's culture. Try to get eat a full breakfast or lunch in advance of interview; if the interviews go well, more and more people will keep interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Question about whether a rise gasoline prices in inflationary or not.   Answer Question