Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017
3,290 Interview Reviews

3.2

Investment Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had the opportunity to use Goldman Sachs' new HireVue applicant pre-screening tech for an IMD Internship I applied for in August, and interviewed in September. The pre-recorded questions are multi - faceted, which I allowed to throw me off my game. I have not heard back from HCM, but I am confident that I will not be extended an offer to attend superday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision in a team, without all the information being given. Was it the best outcome? Explain.   1 Answer
    • Describe in detail how the Finance Division safeguards the firm's assets   1 Answer
    • What does the Investment Management Division do? What area within IMD do you want to work, and why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied and was sent a straightforward hackerrank challenge. Was later sent a hirevue interview, all behavioral questions. Invited for on site which was mostly behavioral, and general programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/resume based, one technical question, general programming language questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online through the campus portal. I was invited for a first round interview. They used hirevue to ask 7/8 questions, most of which seemed unrelated to the field I applied for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online (not with university), receive hackerrank and then an email a few weeks after inviting me for super day. Very surprising that a company like GS would have such an unorganized recruitment process in my experience. I was told to be ready to arrive on-site in Jersey City by 8AM. I don't like in the area so I had to take transportation there. Once I got there the night before, they sent me an email telling me my actual interview was at 1:00 so I should be there at 12:40... When I got to their office they give me further notice my interview is /actually/ 3:30... I felt like I was sent on a wild goose chase for no reason.

The questions I was asked were very general. I felt like I had prepared for the wrong thing (studied financial mathematics topics) because I was asked 1 basic competition math question and 1 basic coding question. I wish I had just spent time reviewing those cute tricks in math instead

Interview Questions

• You have a pile of rocks that you may divide in any ratio you choose. You write down the product of the stone-counts of the piles you create. You repeat this recursively until a pile is only 1 stone and stop. What is the closed form solution of the sum of these products?   1 Answer

Strats Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The first round is the online coding test. There were 2 problems with python and each has several following questions. All passed but still didn't get to the next stage.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I used the new HireVue program and really did not like the program. Phone interviews or in person are so much better and normal. Did not like speaking into a camera.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are in IMD are you most interested in and why?   Answer Question

Private Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

5 rounds of telephonic interview with various people in the organization.
    They are very friendly and want to understand your approach and what draws you to the program.

It is a good screening process as it is high deliverable job/internship, and you get to learn a lot from it.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Standard digital webcast interview, a bit fast in terms of allocated amount of time given to prep/respond. Total of 5-6 questions asked on their company portal site, and was given about two minutes to answer the question. You are given about two practice questions