Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6,574 of over 6.6K interviews

Recruiter10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Nov 2020

Interview

Recorded HireVue process with 5 questions. They provided resources to prepare and links to their career site and company page. I was expecting the interview to be more focused on Goldman Sachs, but they were all behavioral questions

Interview Questions
  • 1) What is your greatest achievement, tell us why you chose that achievement, the steps you took, and the impact to your organization.
    Answer Question
  • 2) You are faced with competing assignments, what do you do?
  • 3) You just presented results to a client and they want details on competing company. This is against company policy to provide information, what do you do?
  • 4) Your coworker is struggle to work with another colleague due to working style and comes to you for advice, what would you do?
  • 5) Share an example, inside or outside of work, of a time you excelled.
89 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

Recently completed Hirevue and it consists of 5 questions for which you have 3 minutes to answer and 30 seconds to prepare. The questions are behavioral. Once finished and submitted. A human looks at your application and decides if they want to move forward with you. There will be a change of status for your application on their portal.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about an achievement in your most recent role. How was it impactful to the organization ? 2. A question about if there was a leadership role you wanted in the company but needed experience to go about it how would you go about it ? 3. If there was important presentation and a conference you were invited to on the same day, how would you tackle it ? 4. If you were placed in a team where all the team members know each other and you are the new guy, how would you respond in the situation ?
45 people found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Online assessments, psychometric test e t c all done online due to covid 19, took a while to get back about things but I got rejected sadly. Definitely a very competitive position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England, England)

Interview

Applied online, completed a video interview and got invited to a Super Day. The Super Day consisted of 3 back to back interviews with people from the Treasury team from different seniority levels.

Interview Questions
  • Standard competency based questions + knowledge of how the Treasury function operates

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Easy OA, Hirevue is okay too. However, never got any responses back for a month and they told me they are not moving forward... They should give me some sort of information instead of keeping me interested with no updates for a month.

Interview Questions
  • An array question and a linked list question, hirevue is pretty typical behavior question like walk thru your resume and such.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Very intense. Very successful firm. High intensity, could even be described as cut throat. Would highly recommend to anyone who is extremely motivated, intellectually driven, and ready to work hard to succeed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Hacker rank , coder pad round, 4 rounds in one day. On super day I had 1 dsa round. 2 design round 3rd manager round After that I had 2 more round 1 technical includes java questions. 2nd was again focusing on DSA Interview process was not good they took manager round and then got call after 10 days that your 2nd round was not good. And initially HR told me every round is elimination round. After that HR told me any other team will take 2 interview again.

Interview Questions
  • In coder pad they asked trapping water problem , and one question was related to map. Design questions tiny url, parking lot system. In java they asked sort map using compartor write your own compartor.
7 people found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Overall they were very meticulous. There were at least 4 rounds of interviews with 3 being technical. The technical questions weren't too bad and could be done with some practice of leet code. The math portion was more interesting and tougher to prepare for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT)

Interview

Applied to the Ear Career|| Project Management. Invited to participate in the Hirevue. A few weeks later was contacted by a recruiter and talked about my experiences and resume. Later that day, invited to multiple department super days (3) participated in 2.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Had applied online, got a call saying that resume had qualified for interview. 3 rounds, personal interview with three panels and then went on to a salary discussion with the HR.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me to try and sell them phone because I used to be in sales.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,574 Interviews