Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7,830 of over 7,830.0 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Jan 2022

Interview

There were 2 coding problems in a language of my choice and 2 - 4 behavioral questions. One of the coding problems was finding the median in two sorted arrays.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your self
    1 Answer
8 people found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Hirevue con preguntas automatizadas y a las semanas invitación para el Superday basado en 3 entrevistas con 3 diferentes gerentes de Goldman Sachs. Fue una gran experiencia. A los 14 dias uno es notificado con el resultado de las entrevistas del Superday

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Goldman Sachs

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

a

Consultant

Just heard about this Goldman Sachs survey. Why didn’t those overworked analysts just sleep more? Like it’s not that hard? Idk just feels like they’re complaining.

1,297

87 Comments

Finance

47.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Goldman Sachs~2800
Join the conversation on

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Hirevu and then superday. The superday was 3 back to back interviews. Not highly technical but know the basics. Most interviewers are just getting a sense for you interest, adaptability, and general capability.

Interview Questions
  • How would you build a portfolio for a client given today's macroeconomic environment.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Hirevue and then superday. The superday was back to back interviews with VPs and questions were similar to the hirevue with time to ask your own questions at the end of each interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Online OA + Video recording on behavioral questions , Online OA consists of Coding and Math, leetcode questions and probabilities/statistics for the math part, everything was fair no tricky questions

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you overcome a difficult situation and what is the outcome of it

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

The process went smoothly with about five different interviewers, with one person not able to make it to the interview on time. The interviews were held via video conferencing application.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my past experience and how it relates to the role, also asked technical questions and assessed my communication.

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Interview process was very clean and efficient. Focused mainly on the problem solving technique and core concepts and high level designing questions. Interview panel will help us with the solution approaches and for difficult level problem they will give small hint for optimized solution only if we solved the problem in brute force.

Interview Questions
  • Problem solving questions like stack impl. Design level questions

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

It was a little lengthy, but mostly fair, prepare for more technical questions, I got some on accounting, and more current questions on the stock market and economy. Definitely at least read the wall street journal for that day beforehand

Interview Questions
  • Can you explain how the three accounting statements connect?

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

The interview process was firstly you submit your resume and then you get an email for Hirevue. They tell you a date to complete it by and it takes about 20-30 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions and why GS.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Three stages, which started with a Hirevue, then a phone call, then multiple rounds in-person. The Superday was three rounds and qualitative in nature. There were 2 interviewers per round.

Interview Questions
  • I don't recall the exact questions, but they asked about my resume, background experience and we spoke about my interests. They also wanted to hear my thoughts about the market (both national and international).

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

3 rounds of technical interviews with standard easy/ medium LC questions and stats/ probability questions before the technical rounds there is an OA and Hirevue followed by an interview with some questions about your resume and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 7,830 Interviews

Goldman Sachs Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Goldman Sachs as 61.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.10 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Summer Analyst and Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Operations Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Goldman Sachs takes an average of 30 days when considering 6,624 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Technology Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 24 days), whereas Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Goldman Sachs according to 6,624 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 23.58%