Purchasing Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Purchasing Agent

Purchasing Agent Interview Questions

"As a purchasing agent, you will be responsible for the many logistical tasks behind procuring supplies for your business. During the interview, prepare for questions about your organization and record-keeping skills, communication skills, and knowledge of popular computer programs used to track invoices, purchase orders, and manage inventory. You should also expect ot discuss your strategy for closing out favorable transactions and maintaining positive relationships with suppliers. Most employers will expect you to possess a bachelor's degree."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked about my experience in purchasing and procurement

1 Answer

I told them about my background in buying electronic components

They asked if I had experience with SAP.

1 Answer

HR VP asked about my what my relevant experiences were from my prior positions and why I wanted this position. She also asked what my desired salary was. VP of Program Accounts more or less told me about the needs of the position and asked how I thought I would be able to meet those needs. More casual interview than that with HR.

1 Answer

Name your 3 priorities in life, in order.

1 Answer

What is your expectation of your salary?

1 Answer

Would you be able to handle working for a small company in a job that you are over qualified for after working for a large corporation?

1 Answer

Recruiter asked, "Have you read all the negatives about DEKA and are you sure you want to work at this company?"

1 Answer

What were you doing with your time during recent months?

1 Answer

What would I do differently than I had done in the past times with the company?

1 Answer

What commodities would you like to manage

110 of 112 Interview Questions