Purchasing Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Purchasing Agent Interview Questions

"As a purchasing agent, you will be responsible for the many logistical tasks behind procuring supplies for your business. During the interview, prepare for questions about your organization and record-keeping skills, communication skills, and knowledge of popular computer programs used to track invoices, purchase orders, and manage inventory. You should also expect ot discuss your strategy for closing out favorable transactions and maintaining positive relationships with suppliers. Most employers will expect you to possess a bachelor's degree."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

They asked about my experience in purchasing and procurement

1 Answer

I told them about my background in buying electronic components

HR VP asked about my what my relevant experiences were from my prior positions and why I wanted this position. She also asked what my desired salary was. VP of Program Accounts more or less told me about the needs of the position and asked how I thought I would be able to meet those needs. More casual interview than that with HR.

1 Answer

They asked if I had experience with SAP.

1 Answer

Was I offended by the "F" word?

1 Answer

No difficult questions, just them selling you on the company and coming to work for them.

1 Answer

Recruiter asked, "Have you read all the negatives about DEKA and are you sure you want to work at this company?"

1 Answer

What were you doing with your time during recent months?

1 Answer

What would I do differently than I had done in the past times with the company?

1 Answer

Please tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.

1 Answer

can you be available for work on Saturdays, Can you operate a cash register? Experience with a forklift?

110 of 77 Interview Questions