AppNeta Reviews

3.8
AppNeta President and CEO  Matt Stevens
Matt Stevens
Pros
Cons
  • "lack of transparency and honesty from upper management(in 6 reviews)

• "I'm guessing this is common in start ups but there is a high turnover rate(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great environment where employees are treated with respect and can write their own story"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are rewarded for the time and effort and contributions to the companies long-term goals. The leadership team doesn't create a complete top-down strategy without consulting the contributing team members first. AppNeta provides great flexibility for personal development and strives to ensure family values come before work values.

Cons

AppNeta may have aged out of the true startup designation, but the company runs fast and sometimes that means going beyond a normal week (or two).

February 24, 2020CEO

Really appreciate the thoughtful feedback - thank you. Moving fast is definitely a key element of supporting world's largest businesses as we do here and I agree, sometimes that means going the extra mile. Keep the feedback and ideas coming!

2. "Terrible Place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at AppNeta full-time

Pros

Let me think about that

Cons

Awful hiring process. Taking tests before meeting everyone. Then coming on site and taking the same tests to ensure that you took the original? If you fail (which I didn't) the process ends there. If you take time off to go in person and fail.. To judge someone on a test is the start of the problem. Should have seen this as a problem. Then, down hill fast.

"run away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

there are no pros to this crap company

Cons

unprofessional to say the least

Continue reading

"Honestly, this place is a scam - stay away"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are just starting a new job out of college and want some kind of experience in the tech industry, they have a decent training. Or at least they used to, not sure what they have now as the entire company turns over every couple of months with the exception of 3 people who have been on the sales floor since the beginning (and hold all of the profitable accounts in their name).

Cons

Horrible place to work if you intend to have a career. From a business stand point, they have gone through multiple VCs who have all dumped them. They do not have the management to keep solvent beyond whatever scraps they get from various VCs. From the tech side, they are now considered irrelevant.

November 4, 2019CEO

Although this review was clearly written 6 to 7 years after you departed, I still appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts, regardless of the distortion of facts contained within. There were some extra challenging days in the beginning for sure, but thanks to a dedicated team (who's average tenure is now close to 5 years ...), we continue to achieve to new highs across the board.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A really good team of people (team feel, always willing to support and help each other, learning together) - Support from Upper Management - Promotion from within - Solid compensation & benefits - A lot of additional offerings like team outings, food in the office, and regular trivia in the office

Cons

- Need to work from the office (which I don't think is really bad as AppNeta is trying to build out a culture)

November 4, 2019CEO

Thanks for your input - always appreciated! We'd love to hear more re: your thoughts on how our current work from home policy could be improved ... please consider talking to your manager or People Ops to share your ideas here. Or drop by my office/send me a note directly.

"Sales/Customer Success"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time

Pros

AppNeta is the epitome of a work hard/play hard culture. The expectations are high, however so is the reward. The management team is very transparent and have an open door policy that allows you to ask them tough questions knowing you'll get an answer. The culture is great and is driven by those on the floor. If you want somewhere to work that's fun and motivating, AppNeta is your place!

Cons

If you want something, you have to ask for it or simply make it happen. Not necessarily a con, but don't expect that you will be handed a promotion without doing the work and asking for it

August 18, 2018CEO

Your feedback is super valuable - thanks for sharing. Startups are just hard - period. Nothing truly worthwhile comes easily and it takes persistent effort to maintain (and improve...) what's already been achieved. We put a lot of thought and energy into providing team members opportunities to accelerate their careers and achieve personal goals along the way - and have a lot of fun along the way too. Your thoughts on accountability are spot on!

7. "Solid Opportunity"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity for any sales rep that is confident in their ability to break into new accounts. They are fair and pay very well for those unique individuals who earn their success. If you can't crack into new accounts and close business, then this is not the place for you. If you can, then you will make a ton of money and have exposure to the highest level of the company. If you're all in, the CEO himself will help you in any way possible- even down to breaking down accounts with you in off hours, giving career advice, I wouldn't even be surprised if he was willing to make some cold calls!

Cons

If you are looking for a cushy sales job where you get a ton of leads and are happy coasting, you will hate it here.

July 13, 2018CEO

Great input - please keep it coming as it all matters! Our go-to-market model has proven very effective for us, but I agree it's not for the faint of heart or the individual who can't think and act independently with a long-term view of enterprise-level customer success in mind. I personally love meeting new customers, understanding their business pains and helping to solve the impactful problems that align with our solution's values. That's just good enterprise selling hygiene. Plus, I'm super fortunate that the AppNeta sales team enables me to learn something new that helps me to get better at it nearly every day.

8. "Outstanding company"

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

Great company with outstanding benefits The management team works together to ensure a great environment and company culture. Highly recommend anyone to join this company.

Cons

Experiencing some growing pains, but management handles them in a positive manner

July 13, 2018CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your input - good or less than good, it's all super helpful and much appreciated. Startups, regardless of location or market focus, are just plain hard work. Startup success starts with getting (and keeping...) everyone aligned to the core mission. We're fortunate that we have an outstanding group of people in both of our locations that are aligned in our mission and truly enjoy working with each other. We don't get everything right, but we work really hard to not get it wrong the same way twice.

"Special Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

AppNeta is a great place to work primarily because of Matt Stevens, who is a one-of-a-kind CEO. Lots of leaders say that they have an open door policy and that they care about the employees, but Matt truly means it. He makes himself available to all employees at all times. No matter what may be on his plate at the time, he will be sure to make you feel like his priority. He recognizes that we all have lives and pressures outside of the office, and has created an incredible culture and loyal followers. AppNeta truly cares about their employees, customers, and community. There are monthly volunteer events, regular lunches, and incredible benefits including paid family and medical leave which is unheard of at startups. They compensate well and consistently recognize the employees that work hard, including monthly employee awards.

Cons

Change is in the only guarantee at a startup, and that isn't for everyone. It's a fast paced environment, but one that provides you every opportunity that you make of it.

July 13, 2018CEO

Your feedback is most appreciated - thank you for taking the time to share. Your comments are humbling, but they speak to the cultural values all AppNetian's cherish, namely Transparency, Performance, and Trust. We work together to encourage all team members to conduct themselves with transparency in all directions; we strive to ensure that every role in the company has very specific elements of measurable performance associated with it that in turn ties directly to the overall performance of the company and the success of our customers; and finally we empower every member of the team to operate day-to-day trusting that other team members and other departments doing their level best to deliver on their goals with transparency and best possible performance in mind. I couldn't address the topic of change any better - well said. Thank you.

10. "If you are looking for a great company, culture, and amazing opportunity, this is the place to be!"

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

AppNeta is in a great position to dominate the performance monitoring space! I used to work at Oracle, Akamai and other high tech companies. Hands down, AppNeta is the place to be! I was so impressed with their solid technology and new customer logos. They have made a huge investment in sales enablement and sales tools!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 English Reviews