KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.7
Bread Financial President and CEO Ralph Andretta
Ralph Andretta

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Benefits and fellow employees(in 117 reviews)
  • "The pay is good the bs is consistant.Just be on your p's & q's .(in 72 reviews)
  • "Work life balance was good(in 62 reviews)
  • "Great people and very clean place.(in 58 reviews)
  • "The culture is great as we help our community and the company helps those across the nation when tragedy strikes.(in 47 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bread Financial and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Amazing Culture that Keeps Impressing

Mar 24, 2022 - Individual Contributor in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in a professional working environment for 10 years and this is the first employer who really "sees me." The company helps me achieve what's important to me, counts on me to provide my expertise, both listens and makes me feel heard, includes me in company strategy, and cares enough to recognize successes (big and small) along the way. This sound a little weird... but I'm often shocked at how kind and approachable my colleagues are here, across all teams. Time and distance don't seem to matter -- everyone here is ready to hop on an MS Teams call to talk, explain, or show you how to do something. I'm very grateful to find a place where I feel I can be the professional I've been preparing to be for 10 years. I have arrived!!

Cons

My only con to share would be that there are some opportunities in the delivery of IT Hardware and equipment. I needed some extra support in setting everything up and the Help Desk came through... a little extra directions could have been helpful. The Help Desk team has been great about getting me everything I need -- from a conference call "puck", a fancy webcam, dual monitors, etc.

4 people found this review helpful

Bread Financial Response

Aww we're blushing - thanks for the candid review of your experience since joining Bread Financial! Our people are our greatest asset so we are thrilled you're feeling like it is a mutual fit here!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Grow your career and be yourself!

May 17, 2022 - Associate Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A lot of growth opportunity and programs designed to help associates figure out their next steps - Inviting culture that encourages associates to be themselves, and to speak up when they see something that should be created, eliminated or changed - Transparent leadership

Cons

- Working in any customer facing position can be difficult. Depending on your role within the company, there is always the potential for less than pleasant customer interactions on a semi-frequent basis - May not be an ideal environment for those that dislike frequent feedback. Regardless of if you are doing well, or falling behind expectations, there is always a lot of feedback on strengths, opportunities and new ways of doing things. People who want to be "left alone", may get frustrated over time.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Breath of fresh air!

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was at a previous company for 8 years before deciding to make the switch to join Bread Financial and I'm so glad I did. If you want to work for a company that promotes great work/life balance then this company is for you. From day 1, you don't feel like a number, everyone is very welcoming and you can tell the CEO cares about all associates. This company has a great culture and strives to make sure everyone feels included. It's been a breath of fresh air joining an organization that cares so much for their associates and really listens to their people. I couldn't imagine every leaving this great organization.

Cons

Some candidates are looking to work 4 days a week and they aren't there yet.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Grateful to learn and grow!

May 6, 2022 - Recruiter in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked in a corporate environment for over 20 years and this is the first time that growing with the company has had true meaning to me. Everyday has new challenges and opportunities, they can even Be Boundless at times! At Bread Financial I've had the freedom to create my own career growth plan and choose where I want to contribute within the company. I've seen the results in my own skills and the positive influence my growth has had with my team and the company.

Cons

Too many resources, it is a good problem to have though! There are so many learning tools and resources at your fingertips everyday.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

This bread is stale

Apr 30, 2022 - Account Protection Specialist in Westerville, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

-fully remote -nice enough people -it's a decent enough place to work -decent benefits package, comparable to bigger banks -some genuinely good people in leadership. emphasis on the SOME

Cons

-some of the worst supervisors of all time work here -supervisors were lazier and bigger babies than their direct reports -this place is super cheap and finds scuzzy ways to justify their meh wages -Salary is not competitive at all compared to bigger banks while forcing you to wear 3-4 as many hats -Very cheap and cuts corner on tools and technology, which leads to associates getting overburdened -Very few legitimate opportunities for growth and development -Very little diversity from floor supervisors up -No coherent diversity and inclusion strategy -I dealt with some delusional micromanagers -gaslights you about the low pay and instead lies about being competitive

1 person found this review helpful

Bread Financial Response

Thanks for your review! We're glad there are so many positive attributes about working at Bread Financial that have stayed with us for so long! We are sorry to hear your opinion about some of the supervisors you've encountered. Please know, if you have a specific issue you'd like to address offline, please consider reaching out to People Center or your HR Business Partner. If you're interested in growing into a new role, we suggest starting off by having a conversation with your leader or by exploring some options for learning and development independently on Inview. Be sure to check out the Development Directory (to learn about programs and opportunities), our Career Destination page (to explore our catalog of development courses), or check out LinkedIn Learning which, as an associate, gives you have free access to 8,000+ digital courses taught by industry experts in business, creative, and technology. Hopefully you can find some opportunities for growth and development!! We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that attracts and values diversity of thought, experience, background, skills and ideas. We promote a workplace that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion and recognize that it is essential to Bread Financial’s long-term growth and sustainability. Thanks again for your feedback -- We do listen and we do take your feedback seriously.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

They "talk the talk" but do not "walk the walk"

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great people that work there and they have some cool products

Cons

They say they want to be a more forward-thinking fintech company, but they are not invested in building out the engineering function or innovating with new technology. Feels very old school and inauthentic. A lot of outdated technology. Very poor leadership overall - they do not take accountability or responsibility for their actions but rather lots of finger pointing and blaming, even in very public settings like a company townhall. Not a lot of transparency and overall poor communication. Lack of empathy for their people.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Alliance Data Review

Mar 9, 2022 - Trainer in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Everyone's openness and willingness to help -Everything is pretty organized and most times it's clear knowing what to do or who to talk to. -You're very likely to appreciate and build a meaningful relationship with your manager. There's a lot of great leadership who want to listen to you and genuinely care about anything you're thinking from your job to personal life. \

Cons

While it's not uncommon to see promotions, many leadership promotions may take longer than individuals are willing to wait for those roles to open up. Also, let's say you're a great fit for an open leadership role, even then an applicant from a different part of the company may very well be given the position.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

May 13, 2022 - Customer Care Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

BREAD acquisition a more positive direction (Alliance Data System/ Comenity - Comenity Capital Bank)

Cons

Trust employees and background process

Bread Financial Response

Hey there, Thanks for the feedback!! We're glad to hear you think we're doing "good work" and that we have a "great culture"!! We think we're really going places!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Place To Work

May 6, 2022 - Associate Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

The morale at the company is amazing. The leaders and supervisors take pride in their work and in their team. There is room for growth and opportunity as long as you have the drive.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

great job

May 11, 2022 - Senior Payment Solutions Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule great benefits monthly incentives PTO and PSL paid parental leave

Cons

weird attendance policy. easy to accumulate points.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 987 Reviews

Bread Financial Reviews FAQs

Bread Financial has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,030 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Bread Financial to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bread Financial employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bread Financial. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of Bread Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bread Financial 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bread Financial to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Bread Financial Job Seekers