KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Capital Group Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2021

Found 1,376 of over 2K reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "Great benefits & wonderful employees(in 179 reviews)

• "Great company culture, great benefit and work life balance(in 146 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management may not have associate interests as a top priority(in 59 reviews)

• "Not that nimble, need quicker and more decisive decision making(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Capital Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Culture and Values Matter

Feb 8, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had heard about CG's great culture years before I joined. Now that I've been here a year, I find that what makes it a great culture include a focus on associates, learning and development, focus on values, and thoughtful decisions for the long term. I really appreciate the attention to continuous improvement and efforts around doing things the right way.

Cons

The culture and environment here is not for everybody. If someone were accustomed to a "command-and-control" environment, they may be frustrated here. More seems to be accomplished through relationship and influence.

7 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

It's great to hear that CG's communication over the past year has helped your transition - we've really been focused on providing timely updates and checking in with associates regularly. Thank you for highlighting some of the pros and cons from your perspective.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and generous compensation

Jun 19, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Generous compensation - Friendly environment - Do it right culture rather than get it done

Cons

- More restrictions about data compared to other IT companies - More restrictions about trading stocks and ETF

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Cannot beat the culture, growth potential for decades

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

ive worked at multiple other large asset managers. Capital is BY FAR the best in terms of culture, work-life balance and overall happiness. A few other highlights - cares more about about employee, and treats you like adults - genuinely nice people. I can honestly say I've become a better person outside of work after being here - massive growth potential in multiple parts of the business set the organization up well for decades to come - seems to be more open to flexible schedules now

Cons

as many others mentioned, slower pace of decision making. lots of meetings (not a con for me since i enjoy meetings). Overall the Pros massively outweigh the cons

Human Resources

What a great review! Thanks for sharing your perspective.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jun 14, 2021 - Client Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed my time at Capital Group. The training was extremely through and helpful.

Cons

Forced overtime during busy season

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great benefits, unclear career path

Jun 15, 2021 - Research Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits package, work / life balance and PTO. Some autonomy to choose who you work with, can learn from some great investors

Cons

Turnover within the group consistently high, will mean you have to backfill consistently on staffing. Largely dead end career path if you want to be an investor long term.

Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a balanced review. We will pass this feedback along.

6. 5.0

Awesome culture

May 4, 2021 - Manager, Technology in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture - everyone is willing to help, offer ideas, not keep good ideas to themselves. People - says a lot about a company when you meet so many that have been here 20, 30 plus years. Communication - leadership is relatively proactive with keeping informed of business updates, encouraging community involvement

Cons

Very little that I would say is a con. Few years ago, seemed there was less flexibility with working from home if needed. Just before to the pandemic, that began to loosen up and now we all work from home currently.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate seeing the call-out to work flexibility and open communication.

7. 4.0

Solid First Job

Jun 20, 2021 - Investments Operations Associate in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative and friendly environment. Truly cared about employees.

Cons

Wasn’t extremely challenging. Hit a growth plateau early on.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mission, values, vision and more.....

Feb 1, 2021 - Human Resources Business Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Capital Group less than two years ago and kick myself daily for not having found this company earlier in my career! This place provides the environment for every voice to be heard, every theory to be tested, every opportunity to better yourself and your work. You can lead from every seat and you are rewarded for your commitment to not just your job, but to your cause! We have ~40 communities where our associates can find opportunities to belong and support their interests, values and mission. Your ideas can become realities, you are given the opportunity to be heard and understood, regardless of the starting point of your journey. Simple principles of decency, humility, empathy and hard work guide our thinking and investment philosophy. Additionally, Capital has the competitive edge in how they reward their employees - compensation, benefits and the opportunity for growth are best in class. I am truly grateful to work with an engaged group of peers and to be on a journey with an impactful group of leaders. I still wish that I had found Capital Group 20 years ago (which is the typical tenure at CG) – but still super glad to be here!

Cons

Literally can't think of any!

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

excellent company

Jun 7, 2021 - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

family friendly ambience and good D&EI

Cons

too many long tenured employees who are underqualified.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Jun 16, 2021 - Senior Associate in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome Employer. Takes care of their employees . Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Limited to taking personal days off around tax season.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,376 Reviews