Capital Group Reviews
79% would recommend to a friend
(1950 total reviews)
83% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and a work environment that makes it fun to come in every day." (in 396 reviews)
- "great people and sense of community" (in 200 reviews)
- "Great culture and work ethic with amazing associates who collaborate and support each other and the company's mission." (in 139 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance (i.e. for the most part even in IT you will usually average a typical 8" (in 114 reviews)
- "pay was good for a relatively easy job" (in 108 reviews)
- "Since most of the new managers have not gone through a full life" (in 84 reviews)
- "If you are in a department with bad management it is a nightmare." (in 83 reviews)
- "Upward mobility: Spoilers – it’s extremely slow and you basically have to wait for those people to leave those jobs." (in 29 reviews)
- "Senior management is detached from line issues." (in 28 reviews)
- "Middle management passively follows senior leadership's decisions without fully understanding the spirit and strategic goals of such decisions." (in 27 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Capital Group and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,950 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWMar 14, 2023Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Capital foster an incredible atmosphere of learning, collaboration, and respect among associates Major opportunities to learn and grow in your role Very competitive pay and benefits Hybrid work schedule with balanced and reasonable expectations and flexibility Beautiful offices, very well resourced
Results are very important and at times completely out of your direct control6
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Vice PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Robust hiring process so quality of associates is high. Global footprint. Hybrid work model. Great benefits. Work life balance is a focus.
Decision making can sometimes be slow.
- 5.0Nov 25, 2023Senior Financial AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearIrvine, CA
Looks great on a resume, but if you have a bad team, it really sucks.
I work 55 hours a week and do not get paid overtime. My manager consistently yells at me over teams, and most of my team takes lunch at their desk. Other teams in the department have great work-life balance. My team does not.2
- 4.0Nov 20, 2023Solution Reliability Engineer/Applications Support EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIrvine, CA
Seldom do you come across teams at CG that don't get along well. CG does a great job at selecting the management staff
Might just be with the older generations but there is a disconnect between racial biases in the work place
- 3.0Aug 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNorfolk, VA
The company will offer different opportunities, advised that this is your safe space to say how you feel, to give you the impression you will be properly trained and given all sorts of perks coming to the company
ITS MOSTLY A LIE. The training is no more than them pushing you through to finish the material regardless if you understand it or not. If you ask too many question , you're looked at like you're the problem. If you disagree with the stance of the company and voice that, its not directly said its held against you but it is.... they take a note of everything being said. Be careful when joining the company . Keep your head low and remember these people are not your friends.7
- 3.0Nov 18, 2022Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
- Retirement benefits - Healthcare - Good salary (If you are a white male)
None of this will make a difference in how Capital Group operates. HR monitors and dismisses any negative posts by saying an employee has either left or is disgruntled. The management committee is as coldhearted as at any other financial company, but pretends they care to make demands on people's lives and time. The company leadership spoke of valuing associates during the pandemic and made a swift about-face once they felt that they had the upper hand. They demanded a universal return to office, 3 days a week in 2023. There will be further cuts in 2023, and employees will just be expected work multiple roles and to be grateful to have a job. Associates spend 10+ years in the same salary range because they will never be promoted. To appease them, they get to spend hours training for a different role at the same level and then are told they don't have enough experience in said role to become managers. You will only get promoted at Capital Group through sucking up or sheer luck. There are big pay discrepancies in groups and two people may have the same title and experience but make wildly different salaries. Guess which ones are the women or minorities? The people are fake. The "niceness" is a front for passive aggressive smearing. No one really wants you to bring your true self to work and if you really do disagree or are straightforward, you will be passed over for promotions or quietly pushed aside until you get the hint and leave. Many people fool themselves into thinking otherwise.39Capital Group Response11mo
We appreciate your commitment to Capital Group for more than ten years, and are very concerned to hear this perspective of your experience at Capital Group. We are committed to equal opportunity employment and to our own associate's growth and development. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive, supportive culture in every area of our organization. We’d appreciate hearing more specific details if you’re willing to reach out to our anonymous HR Open Line at (800) 421-4982 / email@example.com.
- 3.0Sep 11, 2023Senior Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsIrvine, CA
Great benefits, good vacation hours, some work from home
Micromanaging by managers who don’t know what their associates actually do say to day. No flexibility, everything you do is monitored 100% of the time and quality of your work is not very valued, quantity is taking over the main factor. Culture has dramatically declined.10
Capital Group Reviews FAQs
Capital Group has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 2,198 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Capital Group to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
79% of Capital Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Capital Group 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.