Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2018

3.1

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I submitted an online video interview which consisted of four questions that I answered in about two minutes and I was then invited for an online video interview with a member of Capital Group. About a week later I was invited to be flown to California for the final round interview, which consisted of four back-to-back thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were juggling multiple tasks and deadlines.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, HR phone screen with behavioral questions. Then a team lead phone interview with some technical and behavioral questions. Then four 1-on-1 interviews at HQ in LA. Most of the team were nice, humble and down to earth. Manager at the end seemed nice at first, but then she changed partly through the interview because she found out I was at my last role for 6 months. I was being up front and honest but she was off-putting. When I asked for constructive criticism at the end she gave a contrived smile and didn't say anything, so that was a big cultural red flag and immediately made me not want the job. I think there are enough jobs with clear and honest company culture that I don't want to be stuck at an up tight finance job. The job is a data analyst and has a bunch of technical requirements like R and Python but their analysts really just work with operations to create workflows so there isn't much in the way of actually analyzing data.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you received harsh constructive criticism?   Answer Question
    • What was the most innovative technical project you worked on in your last role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a technical project where you failed to implement and what happend?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

First interviewer was professional, second was curt and demeanour was unwelcome. The five minutes spent with second interviewer and attention to his cellphone, not detail was a big turn off and contrast to raved told about the company.

TAP Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal and was notified that I had made the first round interview approximately one week before the interview date. The night before, CG held an information session and answered questions about the program and company.
    The actual interview took 30 minutes and was with one interviewer, a manager of the TAP program. It was a relaxed interview with only behavioral questions.
    I have yet to hear about the second round.

TAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute phone interview that was set up by my school's career center. The interviewer had me introduce myself and then asked a series of behavioral questions, which were very in depth and expected multiple answers/detailed stories about each one.

Interview Questions

• only behavioral questions including why I wanted to work for Capital Group, what my weaknesses were, how my friends would describe me   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The first round is a video interview with about 5 pre-recorded questions. You have between 1-4 minutes to respond to each and are not given the change to re-do them.

Information Technology Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

First there was an online recorded interview, then a video call, and then on-campus interviews. They asked mostly behavioral questions, and it was a very pleasant experience overall. The interviewers were really nice, and there was nothing intimidating. There are other candidates interviewing at the same time and day as you, and you get to meet them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received an email telling me to do a one-way interview. I recorded myself answering three questions online and submitted. Very efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time that you had to choose between making an immediate decision or planning more?
      What what was the best presentation you've done? Why was it the best?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied using my school's career search resource. After applying, I received an invitation to do a one-way interview where you have to record short answers on a webcam. The questions were mainly behavioral. After submitting my responses, I was invited to do a live virtual interview with a recruiter. The interview was very relaxed and was also all behavioral questions. After an hour, I was invited to do final round interviews two weeks later at their headquarters in downtown LA.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful presentation? What made it successful?   Answer Question
    • What was the most important skill you learned at "...." that translated to other projects?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Process took about three months in total. Met with the recruiter, hiring manager, team manager and multiple senior managers. Involved one phone interview and two in person interviews. Very detailed interview process and lots of behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were the first to take action on something.   Answer Question