Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capital Group

3.1

Software Developer - Mobile Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

An external recruiter set up all the interviews. All of the employees were very nice and seemed like really great people to work with. Had a few video calls with a couple software engineers. Completed some coding challenges.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interviewed for two senior level roles and was convinced that they were ready to extend an offer in both cases. I found out later from an insider that both positions went to internal hires with much less experience and no history of performing the job functions of the positions they were seeking to fill. My source also shared that they often interview external candidates for executive positions after having already decided on an internal transfer or promotion. This is simply done to check a box. What an incredible waste of time!

Client Analytics Summer Associate Interview

Interview

I got contacted by aN HR on Linkedln, after a one-way video interview I got to the super day in Los Angeles. I had four interviewers and mostly they asked me about my past projects, how to deal with a difficult teammate and some financial news.

Role In Irvine, CA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Too long, lack of visibility. Weeks in between interview steps despite there being urgency to fill role. Did not move forward with interview process due to the duration - really did not seem like recruitment was respectful of candidate time/effort. Turns out they made an offer to someone else before I finished my interview rounds. So if anyone out there feels like they're in a holding pattern I would probably move on. They continue to build a large pipeline of candidates even though there is already a frontrunner. Decide if that's a place where you really want to be before getting your hopes up.

Senior Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

4 interview - 2 phone 2 in-person. Overall went well, they were cordial and well informed at every level about my experience and their expectations of the role. Both in-person interviews were all day ones, they provided breaks and lunch. The recruiter was nice and helpful in preparation for the interviews. Lots of behavioral questions, "what would you do in XYZ situation...etc" All in all they tested me, but it's refreshing to see a company do that because you know that they are taking you candidacy seriously.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a challenging problem?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a disagreement you had with two departments, and how you solved for it?   Answer Question

Interview

Standard process, nothing particularly difficult or unique, behavioral intvw, i.e. tell me about a time...just know your resume, it won't be anything that far off, be prepared. they will get back to ou quickly

Investment Product Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone call with a Talent Acquisition Business partner. She was not friendly at all. I had high hopes for the this company but before my interview i read some reviews and was like oh this cant be true but it was. She asks the basic questions about my background and resume. Seems like theres no room for growth to get in the Investment Management team. She basically told me it was a deadend job and thats all I’d be doing and very little chance of moving anywhere else in the company, literally.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Initially I applied through Handshake and they followed up with an email including one of those one way interviews (containing a couple of questions - pretty straight forward). Then almost 2 months later is when I got invited to interview in person and they flew me out (hotel + food + uber + flight, all paid for which was extremely generous). The in-person interview was in January and contained four really insightful and wonderful interviewers. It was the most pleasant and eye opening interview process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you were in where you had to think outside of the box?   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied online, recorded a one-way video interview, a week later, and went to an onsite two weeks later. The onsite was all behavioral questions. The recruiter was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• How did positive feedback you have received influence your work.   Answer Question

Global Finance Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and extremely detail oriented. They said the interview would take up to 3 hours and it lasted exactly 3 hours. There was a surprise third interview for the candidates they favor.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you used teamwork in the work place   Answer Question