Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2018

3.1

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I submitted an online video interview which consisted of four questions that I answered in about two minutes and I was then invited for an online video interview with a member of Capital Group. About a week later I was invited to be flown to California for the final round interview, which consisted of four back-to-back thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were juggling multiple tasks and deadlines.   Answer Question

TAP Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal and was notified that I had made the first round interview approximately one week before the interview date. The night before, CG held an information session and answered questions about the program and company.
    The actual interview took 30 minutes and was with one interviewer, a manager of the TAP program. It was a relaxed interview with only behavioral questions.
    I have yet to hear about the second round.

TAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute phone interview that was set up by my school's career center. The interviewer had me introduce myself and then asked a series of behavioral questions, which were very in depth and expected multiple answers/detailed stories about each one.

Interview Questions

• only behavioral questions including why I wanted to work for Capital Group, what my weaknesses were, how my friends would describe me   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The first round is a video interview with about 5 pre-recorded questions. You have between 1-4 minutes to respond to each and are not given the change to re-do them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received an email telling me to do a one-way interview. I recorded myself answering three questions online and submitted. Very efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time that you had to choose between making an immediate decision or planning more?
      What what was the best presentation you've done? Why was it the best?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied using my school's career search resource. After applying, I received an invitation to do a one-way interview where you have to record short answers on a webcam. The questions were mainly behavioral. After submitting my responses, I was invited to do a live virtual interview with a recruiter. The interview was very relaxed and was also all behavioral questions. After an hour, I was invited to do final round interviews two weeks later at their headquarters in downtown LA.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful presentation? What made it successful?   Answer Question
    • What was the most important skill you learned at "...." that translated to other projects?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Process took about three months in total. Met with the recruiter, hiring manager, team manager and multiple senior managers. Involved one phone interview and two in person interviews. Very detailed interview process and lots of behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were the first to take action on something.   Answer Question

Interview

first on online questionnaire that is video recorded, then a Skype interview, then flown out for an on-site interview in one of their offices. all of the interviews were behavioral questions and a few questions related to capital group

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change someone's mind about something   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying through the school's career portal, I received an online interview that had three questions in total and 1 - 5 minutes to answer each one. Each questions had the chance to re-record, so that was much less pressure on this video recording interview.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group in October 2017.

Interview

One way video interview with 4 easy questions and one re-record. Therefore, it wasn't that bad. Received an email for a follow up interview 4 days after. This one was a skype interview. Also very behavioral.