Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very selective, looks for broad experience & management skills. Look for subject matter expert. Want someone who can fit in the organization. Also, look for diversity & want someone who has other relevant skills

Interview Questions

• How can you improve IT department,. How you interact with peers & supervisors. What are your strength & weakness. When did you not like your managers suggestion & how you communicated that.   1 Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, group of 2:1 interview face to face, drug test. Whole thing took one week. Phone interview 1 hour. Face to face also 1 hour. Drug test.
    I was outsourced through an employment agency. So recruiter took care of details including drug testing.
    Phone interview was pretty casual. Face to face was also casual. Wore suite, but tie is optional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was outsourced. They made an offer and that's it.

Associate Interview

Interview

Lengthy and extremely stressful. It felt as if the interviewers were not prepared or had already made up their mind on another candidate and this was just part of the process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Came into SF office for interview. Met with three people in a small angular conference room. The SF office is one of their satellite offices. I was recommended to the hiring manager here through a recruiter. I didn't have real direct contact with others at the firm.

Interview Questions

• The primary manager had a list of questions like--what is your favorite book, who is someone you admire, how would a close friend describe you, etc. There were about 30 of these questions. Then the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, a bit redundant, no outlier questions, fairly standard...interviews were with 3 managers. Later learned extremely difficult to get in Cap Group, typically multiple attempts required to be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The HR person I spoke on the phone was very upfront about the process. Although I ended up not getting hired for the position the interview process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with one of your coworkers. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Had a first round interview via video. It was very informal. They asked me questions about why I thought I would be a good fit for Capital and why I wanted to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone interview with a recruiter, and then the hiring manager, as well as a 4 hour interview with 4 different people. Although I didn't get accepted into the position, it was still very insightful to learn about the company. You could definitely hear the passion that they had for Capital Group.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you disagreed with a teammate?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Heavily behavioral but very different than any behavioral interviews I had done previously. They don't expect technical knowledge, but be prepared to feel like you are in a therapy session.

Interview Questions

Capital Group Response

Oct 13, 2017 – Senior Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You're right, we do ask a lot of behavioral questions during our interview process. Especially for our early career positions, we like to... More

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Carmel, IN) in June 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for a new position at the Capital Group for a data analyst. There has been a delay between the phone interview and subsequent interviews because internal candidates need to be searched first.

Capital Group takes a long time to interview, but they are good people. I worked with them on a short contract and enjoyed the experience.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Carmel, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interviews and conducted one of the best face to face interviews I ever had and waited 2 weeks for a response and was told I did not get the job

Interview Questions

• With no experience how do you think you will be able to handle this job   1 Answer