Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

3.1

Data Science/Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

If you pass the initial screening, they ask you to do a video screening. Pretty basic, questions about your experience and why you want to work there. Then I was invited to an on-site recruiting event where they talked about the company. Following that, video interview with a recruiter. Final round is onsite and is 3 and a half hours of interviews with 4 managers. Mostly behavioral, some a bit more technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with the skills related to this job.   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

The TAP Associate program really prides itself on picking out people with no finance experience and placing people into really novel programs. I think the interview process itself was very poorly executed though, and reflected really badly on the company. The night before the interview, CG held a reception that was pretty helpful for describing the position. The interview itself was all behavioral questions. At one point during the interview, the interviewer told me that I seemed like a very controlling and cunning person who may not fit well with the goals of the program, which struck me as a very odd question/statement. They didn't get back to me for a few weeks after the interview.

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

I enjoyed meeting everyone in the interview process. All the questions are behavioral, and they were really trying to get to know me via my answers. There was no right or wrong, but whether or not I'd be a good cultural fit. It felt like a long therapy session from time to time. Be prepared to really reflect on yourself and your experiences!

Portfolio Analysis Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Slow process. All three rounds of interviews consisted mostly of behavioral questions. I appreciated the thoroughness during the interview process- as clearly they are looking for specific characteristics that will ultimately lead to candidates succeeding.

Finance Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Virtual Interview, followed by a Skype Interview, followed by a three hour interview in Irvine at their headquarters. The whole process was behavioral and nothing technical, lots of questions about 'greatest accomplishments' and 'strengths/weaknesses' They were pleasant to interview with, everyone I met was very nice. The whole thing took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about a time you made a process more efficient, why do you want to work for CG.. etc   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

submit resume and cover letter, then invited to on-campus interview within 2weeks. (there was a reception night before) on-campus interview. 2 interviewers. go through resume (20min) and asks about behavior questions(10min). no technical& current market situation.

Interview Questions

• if you have 25 hours a day, what will you do for an extra hour   Answer Question

Summer IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Straight forward. Had a recorded questionnaire interview. Then a skype interview with HR, she was just going off of the list. And then an onsite interview at Irvine, CA. The final on site interview was 3 interviewers for 3 hours. All different types of positions. Depends on the interviewers, some had different aspect of what they were asking/looking for. All behavioral questions, unless you peep into a topic of the interviewer's interest, they might asked a bit of technically to see what you really know. The only difficulty was just having questions that followings the same situations, but having to tell a different story every time.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to be innovative?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to work on a project you did not fully understand what should be done (asked the same thing worded in different situations 3 more times).   Answer Question
    • How do you manage stress?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were frustrated with whatever you had to do   Answer Question
    • Why Capital Group? How did you find us? Who do you consider to be our competitor?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you made a mistake on a project?   Answer Question

IT Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I got the first round interview through video recording which comprised of four questions. They ask about why are you interested in a technology career, how do you handle a conflict with your boss, etc I would say the questions are very basic and you could find those on any online career websites. But you have to spend time practicing interview before your laptop.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Simple interview. Mainly going through resume and behavioral type questions. Seemed very interested in past experience. Interviewer gave a detailed explanation of possible opportunities which was nice. Let them know why you chose Capital Group.

Interview Questions

• Situation when you needed to change someone's opinion.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

All behavioral questions. First round video interview--30min long? Interviewer concluded telling me she would like to invite me for a final round, and I got an email with details within the hour.
    Final rounds held at Irvine and LA offices. 3 45min back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to convince a group you could take on a specific responsibility.
      Strengths and weaknesses?
      Why Investment Operations?
      Describe a time you worked in a group, and members didn't see eye to eye?
      Describe a failure and what you learned from it.
      Answer Question