Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received an email telling me to do a one-way interview. I recorded myself answering three questions online and submitted. Very efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time that you had to choose between making an immediate decision or planning more?
      What what was the best presentation you've done? Why was it the best?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied using my school's career search resource. After applying, I received an invitation to do a one-way interview where you have to record short answers on a webcam. The questions were mainly behavioral. After submitting my responses, I was invited to do a live virtual interview with a recruiter. The interview was very relaxed and was also all behavioral questions. After an hour, I was invited to do final round interviews two weeks later at their headquarters in downtown LA.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful presentation? What made it successful?   Answer Question
    • What was the most important skill you learned at "...." that translated to other projects?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Process took about three months in total. Met with the recruiter, hiring manager, team manager and multiple senior managers. Involved one phone interview and two in person interviews. Very detailed interview process and lots of behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were the first to take action on something.   Answer Question

Interview

first on online questionnaire that is video recorded, then a Skype interview, then flown out for an on-site interview in one of their offices. all of the interviews were behavioral questions and a few questions related to capital group

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change someone's mind about something   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying through the school's career portal, I received an online interview that had three questions in total and 1 - 5 minutes to answer each one. Each questions had the chance to re-record, so that was much less pressure on this video recording interview.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group in October 2017.

Interview

One way video interview with 4 easy questions and one re-record. Therefore, it wasn't that bad. Received an email for a follow up interview 4 days after. This one was a skype interview. Also very behavioral.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Brea, CA).

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, in part because I was being considered for a role in one of two different departments. I interviewed with HR, 2 Senior Managers and the President of the company.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Had a first round interview via video. It was very informal. They asked me questions about why I thought I would be a good fit for Capital and why I wanted to work there.

Proofreader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Two-hour interview -- first with a manager, then with the head proofreader. It began with a description of the position, followed by an in-depth discussion of my background. Both interviewers were personable and polite.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you were on deadline for one (non-rush) project and were tasked with completing a rush request for another?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Heavily behavioral but very different than any behavioral interviews I had done previously. They don't expect technical knowledge, but be prepared to feel like you are in a therapy session.

Interview Questions

Capital Group Response

Oct 13, 2017 – Senior Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You're right, we do ask a lot of behavioral questions during our interview process. Especially for our early career positions, we like to... More