67% would recommend to a friend
(2810 total reviews)
73% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Chubb
Jobs in Insurance
10 months ago
I’m considering changing employers in the insurance industry at a fairly senior level (eg VP-EVP) and have been using CBD pills for sleeping the past couple of years. Cannabis is legal both where I live and where the companies I’m considering working for are based. Does anyone know if most large insurers still screen or care about cannabis usage in the hiring process? Liberty Mutual Insurance Chubb CNA Insurance Travelers AIG The Hartford Allstate Allianz
a month ago
Hudson Insurance Group
Thinking of starting my CPCU journey! Does anyone have any advice, tips, suggestions, recommendations, helpful thoughts? Hudson Insurance Group Liberty Mutual Insurance Progressive Insurance Travelers Chubb The Hartford CNA Insurance AXA Aspen Insurance Everest Reinsurance Company Swiss Re Arch Insurance Group Allianz QBE NA The hanover insurance group, inc. UFG Insurance Transamerica Financial Advisors USI Insurance Services EMC Insurance Group Inc Selective Insurance Willis Towers Watson Tokio Marine HCC State Farm @
Got a burning question about Chubb? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Chubb employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pays well and benefits are good" (in 226 reviews)
- "great people; I no longer work there but have many close friends still with the company" (in 185 reviews)
- "Provides good work life balance" (in 141 reviews)
- "It has a great culture and very flexible with working from home." (in 84 reviews)
- "good pay and other benifit" (in 80 reviews)
- "Management is bad." (in 127 reviews)
- "Direct report managers in claims are inept or told by upper management to toe the line or be fired, so the good managers burn out very quickly." (in 52 reviews)
- "No training is provided" (in 46 reviews)
- "Senior management is always talking Travelers this and Travelers that!" (in 31 reviews)
- "Upper management is apparently too dense to get this mindset figured out." (in 26 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Chubb and is not affected by filters.
Found 2,810 of over 4K reviews
Updated Nov 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Nov 13, 2023Underwriting SupportFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsWhitehouse Station, NJ
Not much other than PTOs are good.
- Flexibility is nonexistent. - Pay is terrible unless you’re a new hire in 2023. - Understaffed in every department. - Forced to help multiple departments (1.5 years and counting) due to being understaffed with no additional compensation or end in sight. - Workload - Inflation has increased but Chubbs pay has not. A 3.5% raise when you ‘Exceeds All’ for a company who “had their best year to date”, is extremely disappointing. - Systems are terrible.
- 2.0Jul 23, 2023Claim ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNewark, NJ
If you are lucky to have a great manager and business unit, the job can be rewarding. The pay & benefits are good for top performers.
Flexibility does not exist. All of the top claims leaders from legacy Chubb & Ace have been forced out. The best and brightest said they’d rather pay their own health insurance than stay another year. There has been nobody at the top of claims that even understand ‘Claims’ since Doug Poetch, Jeff Miller, and Frank Lattell were encouraged to leave. I think that was 2017. Now 30 year employees are just walking away. And most people think they can replace that experience with some younger, cheaper folks. In our industry, that is a recipe for disaster.Billions in profits. 2% raises. Leadership crushing the spirit out of newer employees. Holding on to awful managers who chase employees away. If all of the departures are in the same team, what other reason could there be?8
- 4.0Nov 7, 2023Internal Audit Co-opFormer Employee
My experience working for Chubb Company in the auditor department was overall quite positive. It proved to be an excellent place for entry-level professionals like me to gain valuable exposure to the job and collaborate with seasoned industry experts. I had the opportunity to learn a lot and work with a team of highly professional individuals, which significantly contributed to my growth and development.
one aspect that could be improved is the placement of interns in the back of the office, which sometimes hindered easy communication with the team.
- 2.0Nov 1, 2023AVPFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Chubb posts record profits and growth and the best combined ratio in the business
Leaving the company to find that you are being cheated out of 3 weeks of pay. Forced RTO only to sit on Zoom all day "Leaders" with no people skills, constantly changing strategic direction with utter disregard for the consequences to their staff Lack of training and development for staff in digital, analytics and other technical areas.
- 2.0Aug 17, 2023Claims AdjusterFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
Pays well and benefits are good
No system to share knowledge with entire dept w/processes, procedures and coverages. If working remotely, lack of inclusion for knowledge needed to perform job efficiently and lack of inclusion in meeting. Stuck on control of "in office" vs quality of work. No procedure/guideline in place to increase authority, advance or move out of dept. When brought to management attention on how to increase authority or advance, no concrete info provided. Appears if you crossed management, you will be held back. Management unable to separate personal emotion from process/procedure being followed. Human factor not considered. When exceptions are made by management on a claim, its referred to as a "service issue by the adjuster" vs an "exception due to the importance of the customer". Does not pay you for time earned on exit. This in itself shows how they feel about their employees.2
- 1.0Nov 7, 2023Property Claims SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAlpharetta, GA
Salary- if you’re interested in money… this place will pay (except for CAT duty)
Expected long hours on 40hr salary. More work than can be possibly completed for standard 40wk. Told often times “This isn’t a 40hr job or 9-5 job” Multi-billion profit years with minimal pay raise or notable bonus for employees. CEO can get 400% bonus on 8 figure salary, and normal front line workers get 10%.1
Chubb Reviews FAQs
Chubb has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 3,581 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Chubb to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
67% of Chubb employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chubb 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.