Chubb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chubb Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.8

Global Casualty Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

Met HR and Manager at office, typical experience questions on agent relations, account analyzation, and expertise. This dept focuses on larger commercial accounts requiring multiple weeks of work vs normal commercial accounts.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of you facing a difficult task with having little to no helpful information or lack of help from peers and how did you solve or handle it?   Answer Question

Claims Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chubb (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Drove an hour to Jersey City..Paid more $20 to park for an hour..Interview was ok. Recruiter called to inform me that they are considering for a lower title at same pay rate which I suspected was a LIE. Months later no email or phone call to even say that they are no longer considering me or that they have hired someone. A complete waste of time and resources!

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview   1 Answer

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I applied/interviewed for this position. I was brought in for the first set of interviewing with 3 separate individuals, after a phone interview(I had experience just not this form of UW and was told 98% of individuals who come in DONT have the experience). Waited OVER a month for a decision only to find out I didn't get the job. I applied 5 months later(the position had been reposted) only to find out from the recruiter the reason I wasn't hired prior was because they had given this position to an internal candidate(who came from claims) and they didn't like the role and wanted to go back. So I was scheduled a second set of interviews w/ some of the same individuals(thinking this should be a breeze) they all remembered me and enjoyed speaking to me, blah blah blah. I left there VERY confident(in my mind I KNEW I had the job) I waited around 3 weeks after emailing the recruiter to find it I didn't get the job because they went w/ someone w/ more experience!!! Wait what? More experience? I wasted so much time driving back and forth, and had many conversation, emails back and fourth, and this? I will NEVER apply for another position w/ this company, and I will make sure I tell EVERYONE I know NOT to apply. They have left a very bad taste. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!

Interview Questions

• Do you need experience for this position?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Interview

Interesting, over the phone 3 times, with 4 people. Almost gave up, if they could not make up their minds after 2nd interview. Company has changed since merger.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Interview

Slooooooooow response. Applied online for a position on 2/28/16. Received a decline letter OVER A YEAR LATER 5/4/17. No contact was ever made or interview conducted by the company. Hope they pay claims faster...

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

four people interviewed. three are technical. one is Manager interview. Technical interview is easy not detail. Asked whether we know skill set required for job. not many technical questions.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

An excellent process with interview with just one person from their corporate office and then a follow-up phone call before a background check was performed and an offer of employment was made.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chubb (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Long four hour or longer interview with a computer based skills test. There are four interviews. One with center supervisor, one with HR manager, one with future manager, one with another manager.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain a time when you had to make a decision based on morals at work   1 Answer

Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

Expected me to bend over backwards changing my schedule, coming in multiple times, commuting from a far distance to interview. I did all of this, prepared for the interview, followed up (with EVERY individual I talked to) and Chubb didn't even have the professional courtesy to email me a "Thanks, but we've gone in another direction" email. Heard the place was miserable ever since the acquisition, but really? Lack of class and professional courtesy.

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chubb (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview was by phone with HR. Second was in person interview by two department managers. All very standard behavioral questions, accomplishments, training others, conflict resolution, etc. The two managers had pages of questions to which they filled out the answers as I spoke. (Only as a side note, neither manager offered a glass of water or a cup of coffee, despite the interview lasting over an hour.) Once the two managers finished, one asked if I had time to meet with their manager. I agreed to meet with their manager if the manager had time.

Met with the manager for another hour interview. The manager was aggressive towards me initially, stating, with your work history, I'm sure I know someone who knows you or know of you, or someone somewhere I know will know you, it felt more like a threat then a statement, which took be by surprise. I agreed that the insurance industry is a small world. The manager then asked about some of my more complicated cases, so I explained a couple of the more complicated coverage/liability/serious natured claims I recently handled, which promptly started the one "upsmanship" game. I sat through 4-5 of the managers 'war' stories and the much more complicated cases the manager had handled in their career vs my career. I stopped talking and listened to the war stories. One or two questions after that off of the list of interview questions the manager had. I knew I would not receive a job offer. I believe it's never a good sign having an upper/senior manager "one up" you during your interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment-what made you feel like an all-star.   1 Answer