Chubb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Easy, i talked about dogs, the interview was a joke. They didn't even know what to ask. We talked about our lives. They just hire anyone. They don't you to have skills or be in that field. They just need you to work like the big 4 hours but get paid crap.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

I received a phone screen from the HR manager in Delaware initially.. Once that was completed, I called back for a face to face interview with the branch hiring manager and claims dept manager

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a difficult claim and how you handled it   Answer Question

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed at Chubb multiple times over the past year and a half and got excellent feedback. Chubb even checked my references which were great for one position and then rejected me. Chubb is a joke and a total waste of my time. I will tell the Chubb recruiter NO next time they ask me to come in again. The place is a zoo.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers provided law school type of questions to answer over a one week period.   Answer Question

Reinsurer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

it was mostly behavioral questions, the panel included 2 interviewers, They welcomed me and explained in the beginning how the interview process would go. it started by going through my resume, the asking behavioural questions then walking me through the position requirements and the type of work.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the position, expressed an interest and went through the initial screenings with the recruiter which seemed totally normal. We had a couple of phone screenings and they scheduled an interview with three managers in the office. I went to the interview in the office and it was three separate individual interviews. It seemed overall like a huge waste of my time and I wouldn't frankly recommend applying based on my experience. In addition to not seeming to have any idea of what they really wanted, I was asked inappropriate personal questions about my marital and family status (not sure if that is illegal or not), the interviewers had a laundry list of qualifications they were apparently looking for that were not included on the job application. It has been about three months since my interview and I have followed up with my interviewers and have not heard one word back about the status of my application. It's the most unprofessional job application process I have ever experienced. If you aren't interested in hiring someone, at least send an informal rejection email so they know where they stand. Or, don't waste a candidate's time because you have some internal quota to fill in order to get funding to transfer or train someone within the organization to your location. The job posting has been re-posted several times since my interview.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Warren, NJ).

Interview

This was for a job requiring a few years of experience. I applied online, and I got an email request to schedule a phone interview 3-4 days after applying. I had a short phone interview with HR, where they asked me a little about my background, and then I had a chance to ask them questions general about the position and company. About a week after that I got an email from someone else in HR to schedule a phone interview with an actuary. At this time, they also had me fill out a more detailed/formal application than I had originally needed to fill out when applying. I had a 45 minute phone interview where he asked me questions about my experience, what I was looking for in a new role, and he told me about his background, what he liked about the company, and allowed me time to ask him questions. We went a little over the allotted time. The next day, I got a call from HR asking me if I could come in for an on site interview within the next day or two. We arranged a day for me to come in. I had a half day interview with five actuaries. Some of them had lists of prepared questions, which seemed odd - it was not the conversational interview structure I was used to, and some of the prepared questions didn't make sense because they were things I had already answered in response to previous questions, etc. It was hard to get a personal connection with the interviewers. Another of the interviewers asked fairly technical questions - showing me numbers on a page and asking me what my thoughts were, what patterns I saw, etc. It was difficult since I did not have experience in that specific area. The interviewers all also frequently brought up that the position was demanding at certain times of the year, and that it was hard to get study time, vacation time, etc. They all seemed nice, but it didn't feel like a good fit. The culture did not feel very innovative compared to where I worked. I also was not sure I wanted to work in that practice area after learning more about it during the interview. Soon afterwards, I got an offer. The salary was low (not much more than I was already making, and I could expect to be making that within a few months from exam raises and/or merit increases at the company where I was working). Also, the study program was not competitive with the company where I was, and the exam raises were much lower, so I would actually be expecting to be at a lower salary level after a few exams if I accepted. I decided that overall it did not feel like a good career move, and the position didn't feel right for what I was looking for, so I did not try to negotiate salary and declined the offer. Shortly after, ACE bought Chubb, so I felt I made the right decision, since I might have been on the chopping block.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the concept of IBNR to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

A current employee submitted my resume. It took some time to hear anything but I was patient knowing the process could take time.

A month or so later I received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. The recruiter went through my resume and asked typical interview questions. A week later I received an email from HR for a panel interview. I was asked the same questions as the phone interview. I received a call the same day for a second panel interview but I had to schedule it for the next day or two. It was a bit of a challenge with my current job but I made it happen. The interview went well and I was told I would hear back soon as they were filling the position in a week or two.

Unfortunately, I never heard anything about the position; even after a follow up email. While I was disappointed that I did not receive an offer, I was more disappointed with the lack of communication at the end of the interview process. A simple reply to my follow up would have made the interview process a positive experience.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chubb in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on the company website and got a call from the recruiter about a month later. The recruiter went through my background and resume with me. The recruiter indicated an in person interview for a certain date but did not confirm the date. He later called inquiring why I did not show up. I reminded him he did not confirm with me and I also called to follow up but he did not bother to call back. The hiring manager still wanted to interview me and later scheduled this. I interviewed over a month ago and still have not received a offer or reject. I have called the recruiter twice to follow up to no avail. Very unprofessional hiring practices for a company of this size and scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a problem employee situation in the past.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you improved a process or practice at your current job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

The interview was quite brief. The interviewer was a pleasant and easy person to talk to. He basically went over your resume. He asked you everything that was on your resume. He explained the company and his work to tell you to help acquaint you to the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   3 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

It took while to get things started. There seems to be confusion with ACE/Chub and who does what. After numerous follow ups I had several interviews that were about an hour each. No trick questions except 1: if you were on a deserted island, what 3 books would you take with you to read? Most interviews were more conversational and casual.

Interview Questions

• if you were on a deserted island, what 3 books would you take with you to read?   Answer Question