Cover image for Chubb

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Chubb Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 476 of over 476 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Chubb

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chubb

Interview

A disgrace. Hiring manager didn’t turn their camera on for the entire video interview and interrupted half way to take a call. Didn’t receive any updates since the interview, needless to say I wouldn’t have wanted to work for anyone who show that little regard for prospective employees anyways.

Interview Questions
  • Understanding of the company sector, opinion of their marketing activities , general background interview questions
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA)

Interview

Submitted application via their website and received a call to schedule an interview within a few weeks. Had one interview with the Managing Attorney and another Attorney where we discussed the standard questions (experience, job requirements, billables, etc.). Received an email a few weeks later to notify me of their decision.

Interview Questions
  • More of a general discussion of my background than a Q&A format.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Chubb

Join the conversation on

Jobs in Insurance

1m

works at

Chubb

Hi everyone! Currently in the associate program at Chubb (Canada) and was wondering if anyone could let me know what the (or their!) salary bandwidths/bonuses are as you move up the ranks (UW,senior UW,Mgr,etc.), whether at chubb/other insurance companies. Have tried asking around but I’m getting no responses or the vague ‘that’s all up to HR’. Trying to see what to expect in this industry to know if it’s worth sticking around or not. For reference I started w/ 71k base and 5k signing bonus!

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Chubb? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Chubb employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Chubb

Application

I interviewed at Chubb

Interview

6 individual virtual interviews. The company has gone virtual, but the interview process felt like a day of interviewing in person only done virtually over multiple days. Each interview was with one person for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Background specific examples. What was the last thing you read?

Chubb

Application

I interviewed at Chubb

Interview

It was a very thorough, engaged and motivated conversation. The interview was held amongst multiple senior managers. Leaning more on the casual side with little emphasis on advanced technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is it about the industry that attracts you to the role?

Chubb

Application

I interviewed at Chubb

Interview

The process was long and overall disrespectful and inconsiderate of applicants. They do not provide any feedback and seem to have clearly lied about some aspects of the role vs what was in the posting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chubb

Application

I interviewed at Chubb

Interview

One phone screen, one video interview (because our schedules didn’t work out to meet in person, then one in-person interview. Overall, a pretty easy and relaxed interview discussing the role and precious experience.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is an important trait of a successful underwriter?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chubb (Wilmington, DE) in Jan 2023

Interview

It was not what I expected the 1st interview HR person did not let me know what I applied for. Then I had another interview which that person explained to me what I applied for which made me not interested. But she stated she would let the other HR person know what position I was interested in. Have not heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chubb

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chubb in Dec 2022

Interview

There are at least 4 rounds. Intial screening round followed by technical interview, then adaptability interview ( insurance and agile etc) and hr round. Very basic questions on SQL, python and machine learning along with generic programming questions. The role was a 12-month FTC.

Interview Questions
  • 45 mins technical interview Tell abt yourself 1. 3 highest salary in each department 2. Rank vs dense rank in SQL 3. Merge vs join 4. Global scope in python 5. Explain abt your data analytics project 6. Fav ml algorithm, explain Svm, logistic regression 7. Swap 2 numbers without third variable 8. Your weakness as a data analyst 9. How did you convert audio signals to ML features ( based on my project) 10. Imputation and different types 11. Process of data analysis 12. Determine second highest salary 13. What python libraries hv u used? 14. Your favourite function in SQL 15. Tell a project that you are proud of 16. Tell something about yourself that is not in your resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Chubb (London, England) in Dec 2022

Interview

I had an interview with the hiring manager who seemed really nice. General conversation about myself and my experience, why I want to work for Chub etc.. Unfortunately, Chubb did not provide the recruitment agency or me with any feedback. This was very disappointing and unprofessional for a large organisation.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Chub, about yourself and experience

Chubb

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chubb

Interview

I first picked up a call from HR. She asked about the responsibilities of the previous company. This was about 10 mins. Then there was a virtual interview with a hiring manager. This was about 25~30 mins

Interview Questions
  • Q. Talking about the project or research that help really help the team Q. How you represent the model or repot to your team
Viewing 1 - 10 of 476 Interviews

Chubb Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Chubb as 59.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Associate Underwriter and Underwriting Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Underwriter roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Chubb takes an average of 32 days when considering 359 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Associate Underwriter roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 43 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Chubb according to 359 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 24.97%