DHG Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
DHG CEO Matt Snow
Matt Snow

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A company that truly prioritizes work/life balance" (in 42 reviews)

• "Great benefits, great people, lots of runway ahead" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not really a con with public accounting, but work life balance could have been better" (in 14 reviews)

• "Busy season is more like from October - May rather than Jan - April" (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Innovative and very people-focused company!"

I have been working at DHG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DHG does a great job of creatively rewarding employees. There are endless programs and new offerings for employees to further their careers, enjoy better benefits and stay connected, despite being a large company.

Cons

Being a larger company, it can sometimes be tough to feel plugged in to the happenings around the firm. Decisions are often laden with endless approvals, but this is improving.

Advice to Management

Continue to understand your employee base as it evolves and grows and work on trying to stay nimble as a mid to large size company.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Risk Advisory Consultant in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Risk Advisory Consultant in Richmond, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture here is amazing! From peers through the different levels of management, everyone I've met is incredibly friendly and down to earth. Management is very supportive of your goals and really listens to ensure your needs are met and that you are able to grow as an individual. The work is challenging and never boring. DHG works across several industries and does a huge variety of different audit and consulting work; you learn something new all the time!

Cons

Some federal holidays aren't observed, and you have to pay for parking.

3. "Consultant"

I have been working at DHG full-time

Pros

Great company to grow your career

Cons

Nothing I can think of

4. "Moving forward"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at DHG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been in the workforce for many years with many different positions. I have never worked for a firm that invests so much time and so many resources to make sure that we are constantly working on behalf of our people. We work hard to live up to our mission.

Cons

Communication continues to be a challenge. Our people want transparency in everything we do.

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve the communication initiatives launched last fall.

5. "Former Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at DHG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly, smart people who care about your long-term success within DHG and beyond

Tons of opportunity to grow and learn

Client interaction early on once you demonstrate that you're ready

Cons

As with any company in the industry, deliverables are driven by deadlines, so there are going to be some late nights, but nothing too bad

"Great Company and Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Risk Advisory Services - Consultant in Tysons, VA
    Current Employee - Risk Advisory Services - Consultant in Tysons, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DHG is a great place to work! Overall, DHG provides a positive and innovative work environment with wonderful people. Everyone is always willing to help when needed and work together. DHG cares about their employees and providing great client service.

While working at DHG, I have seen the firm continually grow. This is very important when it comes to new opportunities, especially for Risk Advisory. It is exciting to work for a company that is expanding. There is a lot of room for growth and potential!

Cons

Sometimes late communication to others about projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow communication efforts overall, including projects in the pipeline. Otherwise, keep up the great work! The new benefits are helpful.

"Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Risk Advisory Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Risk Advisory Senior Consultant

I have been working at DHG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The firm has a great culture and makes the effort to develop its employees. Management seems to take the feedback it receives and make the appropriate changes. There is a lot of flexibility and they offer a good work life balance. Working in Risk Advisory allows you to see different industries and experience different types of projects.

Cons

Not necessarily company specific, but the work is still client service, so will be times of last minute travel, extended hours, etc.

Advice to Management

As the firm continues to grow, continue the practice of open communication and avoid the tendencies of becoming a 'Big' firm.

"Midyear bonuses!!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DHG comes through - they announced last fall that they would pay mid-year bonuses, and we got them. Sweet - thank you DHG for being innovative and making employees feel valued during our busiest time of year. And the weekly dashboard to show us how we're doing in charge hours, taking time off, feedback, etc. is really helpful.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Hoping the leaders keep their word about focusing on flexible time off and encouraging people to take time off. So far all signs are good.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Risk Advisory Services in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Risk Advisory Services in Richmond, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DHG is a very employee focused company that cares about helping you advance your career while providing outstanding customer service to clients. They provide excellent work/life balance and the management is always willing to help you on your career journey. From the day I started, I could tell the team and company was much more personable versus other larger companies where I was just another employee. DHG has also recently revised their benefits package as management is consistently trying to improve the company and make it more competitive in the market place. If you are willing to work hard, provide excellent customer service, do great work and like the idea of advancing your career at the same time, then look no further! Go ahead and apply!

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but the work can be fast paced at times which isn't for everyone. Some may prefer a slower paced, monotonous work environment.

"No Doubt Why DHG is a Certified “Great Place To Work”"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Risk Advisory Services in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Risk Advisory Services in Richmond, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time

Pros

My experience in Risk Advisory Services (RAS) at DHG has been nothing but positive. On my first day, I was immediately made to feel like a part of the team and given the chance to contribute meaningfully. Since then, I have been given real chances to grow professionally, rewarded for good work, and impressed by the organization’s open communication at all levels. I have enjoyed the chance to work in multiple industries and capacities (e.g. internal audit, IT audit, and consulting). What has impacted me most in my time at DHG has been the culture of inclusiveness and commitment to team. Everyone truly works to succeed together at DHG, making it the place where I want to be.

Cons

Risk Advisory Services (RAS) is not always top of mind when others think about DHG; however, with the Firm's recent growth (and forecasted continued growth) in this space, I see this changing.