Gallagher Reviews | Glassdoor

Gallagher Reviews

Updated July 19, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Gallagher Chairman, President, and CEO J. Patrick Gallagher Jr.
J. Patrick Gallagher Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "With certain positions the ability to work from home when needed" (in 39 reviews)

• "There is also great flexibility in work-life balance" (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "less salary, no work life balance" (in 32 reviews)

• "There is no work life balance for women, and are paid MUCH less than male counterparts" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Gallagher provides multitudes of opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Gallagher is one of the best in the country, which is one of the reasons we merged our organization with them. The opportunities to grow and become better at what we do are available to everyone. There is also great flexibility in work-life balance. Management is supportive and provides coaching and mentoring.

Cons

As an extension of a larger office on the other side of the state, sometimes it feels like we're left out of things. Though that's only due to geographical distances.

Advice to Management

Small and Mid-Sized Market offices feel more exposed to competition than that of larger markets, and need to feel supported more during transitions after an acquisition. They chose to merge with Gallagher because of the capabilities and culture, but sometimes they don't quite understand all of the capabilities that come with being part of the Gallagher family.

Gallagher Response

Jan 3, 2018 – Digital Marketing Analyst

We’re happy that you are finding your experience with Gallagher to be a positive one. When Gallagher acquires a business, we want to tailor the merger to the individual business and work to meet... More

"Senior Resolution Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Resolution Manager in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Resolution Manager in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company with old-fashioned values. Care about their people. Make a real effort to provide transparency, especially in these economic times. Able to work from home!

Cons

Sometimes difficult to resolve issues due our group being spread out all over the country. Also love working at home but it tends to isolate you somewhat. Job is not a 40-hour week job due to increasing demands from clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Good place to start"

Former Employee - Resolution Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Resolution Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Gallagher full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trainee program is good, the people I worked with were great. Local management was great.

Cons

Pay is not up to par with the requirements of the job. Over worked over stressed. The people on high have not handled claims ever and it shows in the processes that change literally monthly.
    There is no room to grow yourself professionally once your salaried your done.

Advice to Management

Stability for your adjusters. Pay what there worth

4. "GSC Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The People are fun and profession and everyone seems nice. The location is perfect located in the south central part of town. 401K 5% match program and HSA, FSA accounts.

Cons

Building is not large enough to handle the massive growth, we are constantly running out of filtered water & ice. Benefits are the worst !! Extremely high deductibles and premiums with large out of pockets that don't cover anything until your $10k deductibles are meant for a family. I don't see any room for advancement based on what I've heard so far.

Advice to Management

You are a massive Insurance, Sales & Marketing company. Please consider paying a higher portion of the medical premiums so that employees can have lower costs. Re-negotiate these contracts for lower deductibles so we can afford to go to the doctors office. Please reward your employees with raises annually, happy employee's = higher company profits and higher productivity levels.

5. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HR Department is very strong, employees are welcoming, intern program great for students looking interested in the insurance industry, global`

Cons

Commute can be an issue for some as sometimes offices are not in a central location and a little less around CBD areas

Advice to Management

I have not worked at this company for long enough to give any advice to management or any other employees of the company

"Good company with room for improvement"

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of acquisitions and growth. The company stock does well. They typically make good hiring decisions, so I have quality coworkers who I can trust to do good work for the most part. Good internal resources to get the job done right. Good company values (The Gallagher Way).

Cons

The company as a whole is internally notorious for horrible communication. The HR Dept is absolutely awful. We are a benefits management company and we have terrible insurance benefits. HR is always extremely slow to respond to requests and benefits rarely are setup on time for new hires (or those becoming benefits eligible). Very little organic growth. Most growth is through acquisitions, which seem to always be confusing times that involve a lot of frequent internal restructuring

Advice to Management

Get a new HR team that responds quickly and accurately. Make sure people's benefits are in effect on the day that their benefits are truly effective. Communicate with your employees instead of having people find out information about their own company through outside sources.

"If you don't mind doing more work for the same amount of pay, then this is the job for you."

Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job Security, there is ALWAYS work to be done.
    You get your own cubicle.
    Pay Period is 2x/monthly - 15th and last day of each month, so you always know what day(s) you get paid.
    Work is challenging and there are plenty of opportunities with the infinite number of Clients GB services.
    If you have no life, love working yourself to death, and don't mind bringing the mental anguish of your work life home, then this is the job for you.
    They're all about Gay Pride if you're into that.

Cons

There is ALWAYS work to be done, whether it's yours or someone else's.
    Your cubicle may be next to someone who's a loud social butterfly and is buddy-buddy with their Supervisor.
    Pay Day is the 15th and last day of each month; hope you know how to budget!
    9x/10, you may start out with 1, maybe 2 Clients, and then suddenly you're handling 5+ Clients, which causes your phone to never stop ringing, your emails to overflow, and your mandatory assignments to go 'red' because you didn't make your contacts timely.
    If you have Depression and/or Anxiety, and/or you have difficulty multitasking, and you cannot handle stress, this job is NOT for you. Apply to be an Admin Assistant instead.
    They're all about Gay Pride if you're not into that.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of spreading apart the Clients among the Employees. Instead of riding us for late contacts and not providing the quality work we did when we first started, hire people until the cubicles are filled. When everyone feels the same way about their job, and it's not a positive feeling, there's a problem.

"Intern"

I worked at Gallagher full-time

Pros

Great clutrue, a lot of fun personalities

Cons

Insurance can be dry...unless you find a way to make it fun

9. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professionalism, Autonomy, benefits of working for a big company with feel of a small company. Lots of networking opportunities both inside and outside of company. A culture of giving back to the community.

Cons

Training may sometimes be scarce and advancement opportunities may be slow to evolve.

Advice to Management

Company has been very successful in Continue to let the experts focus on what they do best.

10. "Great Culture and Fantastic Resources."

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Gallagher full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, culture and focus on our client needs. Very diverse organization with a keen eye on driving value to our clients.

Cons

Really is a great company to work for. Con would be that it may be challenging to share information given the size of our organization.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and focusing on the culture!

Showing 932 of 1,010 reviews