Interactions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Mike Iacobucci

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • lax on dress code and attendance (in 18 reviews)

• Easy job, once you got the hang of it (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No one wants to talk about the "why (in 13 reviews)

• But you do have the ability to choose if you want to take a lunch (in 5 reviews)

1. "Growing in the right direction"

Current Employee - BDR in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Interactions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for almost a year and truly appreciate the opportunity to work in an innovative industry on an enterprise level. At the beginning I was told, to do well here you had to be flexible which was true but the team is starting to see the fruition of their labor.

Interactions hired a new president who is taking us in the right direction. The Sales process has been overhauled to follow strategy and structure. This all takes time to be fully implemented which is understandable. Mid-Management is definitely the bread and butter of this organization and gives team members the recognition and compensation that they deserve. They are more than fair and supportive when needed. The people here are really quirky and have distinctive personalities which makes coming to work exciting and fun. I look forward to every day I can step into the office.

Not saying that there aren't areas that need to be improved on, but when you view the company from when I first started, it has transformed for the better. Very excited to continue to grow with the company and can't wait to see what else is in store for Interactions.

Cons

Lack of communal space and the building itself. Looks like we are outgrowing our space pretty quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on establishing our brand/culture.

Bring in younger faces.

Candy bowls and more snacks!

2. "New Employee"

I have been working at Interactions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technology, history of success

Cons

Culture needs improvement, quick growth likely the reason. Also, slow to make decisions across the board.

"Soul sucking - but pay is decent."

Former Employee - Intent Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Intent Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Interactions full-time

Pros

Pay is decent. You get a base pay and then you have the potential to make more if you perform well. They promote within. After working there for a while and performing well you have a good chance to promote to be a trainer. You meet some interesting and fun people, coworkers are cool.

Cons

IT IS LITERALLY SO BORING
    Really repetitive.
    You can't bring any food or snacks in.
    People steal your lunch from the communal fridge.

4. "ABDR @ Interactions"

Current Employee - Associate BDR in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Associate BDR in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Interactions (Less than a year)

Pros

Base pay is fair and the commission is easily attainable for doing research. The people on the sales team are very easy to work with and laid back.

Cons

Culture is lacking and the company is still in the baby stages of sales development in terms of quarterly quota for BDRs.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard things are pretty solid here and changing for the better.

"You read the other reviews and you are still thinking about it?"

Former Employee - Happy to Leave in Franklin, MA
    Former Employee - Happy to Leave in Franklin, MA

I worked at Interactions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work without a lot of supervision
    Product seems to work well

Cons

They cant give the product away. Sales take a decade to happen and are customized for each client so they can never scale the product.
    The people here are mindless drones working their piece for the past decade without knowing why. The management is fully disconnected from the workforce and don't care and it shows in the employee morale. I have never worked at a more depressing company in my entire career and I can say when you get out things do get better. The people are sad, the location is sad, the so called executives are sad but more in a sad excuse for a professional kind of way. Do yourself and your family a favor and look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Fire the entire executive staff and start with some professionals who actually know how to run a company and make money. This is a sinking ship.

"Where careers go to die"

Current Employee - BDR
    Current Employee - BDR

I have been working at Interactions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are at the end of your career this is the best place you can be. Low expectations and you don't have to INTERACT with anyone

Cons

Old place with old ideas. Old staff whose idea of fun is getting out 15 minutes early.

Advice to Management

Give up and let someone else have a chance at making a go of it. You have all failed.

"I really hate my job"

Current Employee - Programs in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Programs in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Interactions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlike prison my time here will end soon

Cons

Place is small minded. People are rude. Don't know how they stay in business. Haven't seen new business since I started. Executives think they are a better breed than the rest of us. Brutal.

Advice to Management

Sell the tech. Lose the lame execs

"Small mom and pop shop trying to play with the big boys"

Current Employee - Sales in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Interactions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the technology is cool and works
    venture capital has sunk 165 million into the company so you still get paid
    the old mill location is historic

Cons

boston is where the brainpower is these days and this company cant attract that talent here. people here never leave and the pace is painfully slow. there is no organization in the company at all. sales bounces around trying to find our way and we never do so many leave or get fired and a new group comes in and we do the same thing, the support groups like marketing, finance and human resources are an absolute joke. have you ever heard of this company before now?
    there is absolutely zero culture people come and go on their own and do their own thing and look like they hate being here
    no way for the company to grow because they dont know what they want to be when they grow up. they go in one direction then fire everyone and go in another direction and fire everyone and go in a new direction. it is like the place is being run by 5 year olds.
    everyone tells the ceo what he wants to hear not what he needs to here. the clock is ticking on this place and none of this is told to you when you are hired.

Advice to Management

sell the company to a legitimate organization that knows how to build on the amazing technology you have developed. its not a failure to admit you are over your heads. do what is best for the technology before your competitors overtake you in the market. you simply dont have the necessary infrastructure to pull this off and you are running out of time.

9. "Good place to work, but high pressure"

I worked at Interactions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Marquee clients, always busy so you're never bored, smart people working with you

Cons

Client facing roles are held to a different standard than non-client facing roles

"Nothing positive to say about this place."

Former Employee - Embedded Quality Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Embedded Quality Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Interactions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all. Maybe the fact that I was making $15.00 an hour, but that's about it.

Cons

Everything. If you WANTED a lunch you had to schedule it. They'd only schedule you 8 hours a day, so if you did take a lunch, that's half an hour of YOUR time. Breaks were a joke. You'd have to practically beg for someone to log you out, REGARDLESS if it was an emergency or not. Force logging out would go against you. Towards the end I didn't care, there is no way I'm going to beg another adult to ALLOW me to go to the restroom.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Complaints were made numerous times and nothing was ever done, so nothing.