Intuit Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2

3,762 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance could take a toll due to the global operations nature" (in 139 reviews)

• "Maybe even get rid of a couple layers of middle-management" (in 95 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Senior Data Scientist"

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

Incredible company that has market dominance, yet also has so much room to grow. Management constantly preaches disruption, and its reflected in our priorities and work.

As a Data Scientist, its awesome to be using the latest and greatest technology stacks. Its also cool to have industry thought leaders as part of the data science senior leadership team, I feel assured that we are doing things the "right way".

Cons

Its a big company, and the work is complex, which means that there are many dependencies to your work.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for speed, we can't afford to be slow in execution.

2. "Great"

I worked at Intuit full-time

Pros

You will learn a lot working with many smart people around

Cons

You should have a good presentation skill to grow and survive here.

3. "It's the People!"

Current Employee - Sales in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel supported by my sales manager, our sales enablers, and my team. The benefits are best in class, and I appreciate the focus on work/life balance. Plus, my coworkers are amazing!

Cons

We lack remote work opportunities in sales and care. There are a few, but they are few and far between.

Advice to Management

When issuing front-line employees bonuses, consider taking the front-line off of a complicated, difficult to explain RSU (stock) based plan, and onto a simple, easy to understand, merit-based plan.

4. "A company that cares about YOU!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intuit is a company that truly lives its values and prioritizes those about everything. As such, they focus on intention, motivation, teamwork and giving back in a real way very few companies in the Valley do. I'm consistently impressed by the adherence to those values in day to day culture (meetings, decisions, etc.), company-wide engagement (presentations, plans for the year) and even professional reviews.

Cons

While internal mobility is certainly celebrated and encouraged, title promotions are challenging and infrequent due to the flat nature of the organization. If you are looking for that type of recognition vs. true learning, collaboration and flexibility, Intuit may not be the best fit for you.

5. "Unique company culture with a real impact, long fruitful history but constructively dissatisfied"

Current Employee - People & Places Team in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - People & Places Team in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice, respectful people across the board
    Team-first rather than me-first vibe and ways of working
    Plenty of clay to be molded, no shortage of opportunities to influence positive change and solve meaningful problems
    Market leading products
    Smart yet humble senior leaders
    Big but not so big that individuals get lost or roles become too narrow (compared to Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon)

Cons

Decades of history that takes time to untangle and understand as a new employee (why certain organizational decisions were made, etc.)
    Pockets of low accountability and standards on some teams, driven by mid-level leaders
    2-3 year senior leadership cycles that can be (unproductively) destabilizing as new leaders take the helm, re-set priorities, and re-build culture and team rhythms

Advice to Management

Keep finding ways to simplify and reduce complexity. Find new ways to communicate to and with employees (quarterly all hands, and via email, is way too infrequent in 2018). Keep (and continue to raise) the bar for talent.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Director of Design in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Design in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company who truly values their people and customers first. They drive for innovation with people centric mindsets, positive team ethics/energy and great motivation from senior leadership. They invest in the positive and move forward to creating prosperity and financial freedom for their consumers.

Cons

Unfortunately, none at the moment.

7. "Content manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great inclusive culture, supportive teams, amazing leadership

Cons

Development season has long hours

8. "Innovative, customer centric and design driven!"

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

All about the customer! All employees are expected to learn about the products, our customers and their experiences. CEO has set a strong and engaging vision that motivates everyone to do what we do everyday. Disruptive culture ... always looking for new problems to solve and new ways to solve things. Truly a great place to work at the company level. Benefits are beyond great. Pay is competitive, etc. Intuit generally takes care of their people.

Cons

Not all workgroups are great so do your homework as there is definitely poor executive leadership in some areas. Expectations are very high so expect to work hard for all those benefits. Bottom line... new leaders are shifting things towards a more "dog eat dog" culture.

Advice to Management

Kill the reverence for execs and break down the cliques that form around those execs. The best people aren't always the ones staying any longer.

9. "Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Work life balance.
    2. Some nice people and campus life.
    3. 401k match.
    4. Brad Smith.

Cons

Bad middle management, non technical people as managers make life very difficult.

If your manager AES scores come low you better prepare to leave the company or the team, as the manager targets who ever she/he suspects (You might not be the bad scorer but you may become the target).

Lot's of politics in the promotion process, to get promotion to senior from SE2 you should never say NO to your manager, agree to what ever she says and agree to what ever work she/lead asks you to do.

To get promotion to Staff from SSE you should do the above, plus you should not be doing the coding work rather mostly JIRA story tracking and be very nice with your manager and be nice with some people in your team (with whom you may ask for promotional feedback).

Advice to Management

Get rid of low AES scoring managers. Employees giving you message with AES. Forget about salary part but some managers are non technical and slowing the team. Also AES reflects the directors who are not getting rid of bad managers and make the team suffer.

10. "Risk Analyst"

Former Employee - Risk Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Risk Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very innovative and talented people work there. Love the CEO! Very much hands on and approachable for being the head of a very large organization. Best benefits package ever! Nice gym and cafe on site!

Cons

You must be a self starter which might not be a bad thing but here’s the kicker. You are on your own as far as support goes. Direct management have a sink or swim mentality so don’t expect much support

Advice to Management

Cracking he whip while sometimes necessary should not be your only or primary method of getting results! Lead by example and be inspiring

Showing 3,762 of 4,179 reviews