Intuit Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2

3,667 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance at times is stretched - commute (for me) is one of the primary impacts to work life balance" (in 138 reviews)

• "Maybe even get rid of a couple layers of middle-management" (in 96 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to grow."

Current Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart co-workers, great company-wide support/value for design and user research, good compensation and benefits, great company culture. Managment open to feedback + many avenues to help solve what you think needs improved.

Cons

Promotion paths can be a bit blurred or confusing.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what youre doing! Keep listening and iterating on feedback.

2. "The Happiest I've Ever Been"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Intuit, I'm the happiest I've ever been both professionally and personally. Intuit People truly live and breathe Intuit Values. That creates an Intuit Culture where I truly feel I am doing the best work of my life. The very unique recruiting and assessment process called "A4A" is unlike anything else I've experienced. I feel like I'm a perfect fit for both the Company and the role that I joined in. I have honestly never been happier both at work and beyond work.

Cons

With a strong culture, there come steep learning curves. Because Intuit is such a great place to work, a lot of folks have been here a long time. That means there is a lot of institutional knowledge that can take some time to fully learn and onboard. Everyone I've spoken with has assured me that I should be patient with myself as I learn and that everyone has this experience.

Advice to Management

Keep Intuit special. Continue to make the Values, People and Culture in a class of their own.

"Surrounded by people I can learn from, humble leaders, customer driven"

Current Employee - Business Leader in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Business Leader in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Values at Intuit are more than just words on a page. People are hired and assessed based on values. If Intuit values resonate with you, you'll feel right at home. (www.intuit.com/company/operating-values/)

- Intuit practices customer-driven innovation across all functions. Decisions are made based on what is right for the customer.

- Massive growth opportunity. Customers +40% yoy and revenue +30% yoy in the QuickBooks space.

- There's a big focus on investing in people and leaders are super accessible. I've never been turned down by any executive when I've asked for time to get their coaching or advice.

- A mission I believe in and a super interesting problem space. I'm the daughter of immigrants who started a small business to make a life for themselves in America. I see how meaningful the work we do is for people like my parents.

- The culture, mission and opportunity ahead attract people at the top of their game to Intuit. I'm surrounded by people I can learn from and I love that.

Cons

Intuit tends to be very relationship driven. This can make it difficult for new people at Intuit to assimilate, especially people above the individual contributor level and below the VP level.

Intuit aspires to be a global company but hasn't figured out exactly how to do that. This doesn't seem to have slowed our international growth yet, but we have an opportunity to streamline operations.

"Work focuses on delivering for customers, smart, hard working teams"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intuit is constantly evolving to deliver on our ability to drive benefits to our end customers, using innovation tools and bringing in the right capabilities to stay at the top of our game.

Cons

As with any larger organization, it can take time to get leadership on board to take big risks.

"I have been with Intuit for 2+ years now and it's only getting better"

Current Employee - Vice President Product Development in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Product Development in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Results oriented. If you care about impact - this is the place for you
    * Customer driven - Intuit has pioneered D4D (design for delight) and takes users seriously
    * Truly cares about people
    * Great engineering problems

Cons

* While not too large - it is large and organizational complexity slows things a bit.

6. "I feel invested in by Intuit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intuit spends considerable, effort, time and money investing in building capabilities for it's employees. From "design thinking" process training to management and leadership training, I've never worked for a place that invests more in it's employees. And the result is that it has a huge impact on how these learnings are applied in real-world business situations and decisions. It clearly sends the message that Intuit really values it's employees, and is willing to put it's money where it's mouth is.

Cons

Like many other large organizations, Intuit still struggles with the balancing act of giving business units and mission teams autonomy and ownership, while centralizing and systematizing technologies, processes and teams that enable efficiency and shared resources. Intuit has successfully transitioned into a global company, in terms of actualizing non-US, global teams, product market-fit and goto market strategies, however culturally it's still very US/Mountain-View centric.

Advice to Management

Delegate some essentially company-wide or business unit-wide strategic priorities or decisions to be made and owned by non-US teams. Streamline the communication channels and process from/to Customer Success (Care) teams to Product teams.

7. "A 35 Year Old Start-Up That Makes A Difference!"

Current Employee - Management in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Intuit is a mission-driven, values-based culture that invests in employees and is obsessed with delighting its customers. Every employee is treated as an owner, taught the innovation and design practices that drive a culture of reinvention and continuous improvement, and fosters a performance-driven culture where "kindness is not mistaken for weakness". Honestly, the best kept secret in the Silicon Valley, although it isn't really a secret since it has ranked in the top 100 best places to work for seventeen consecutive years, serves ~50M customers and has a stock price that has appreciated 550% since 2010 while the NASDAQ has appreciated 250%!

Cons

Intuit remains "constructively dissatisfied" with its yet unattained goal to move at the speed of a start-up. It continuously focuses on speeding up decision-making, refreshing technology and tools to enable productivity and velocity, and celebrating "mistakes and failures" as an opportunity to learn. The company openly discusses these areas and works at improving them daily, but simply isn't where it wants or needs to be yet.

Advice to Management

Continue to retain the "customer-obsessed, design-inspired, technology-powered culture with heart" that makes Intuit special, while treating every day as "Day One"... challenge everything and ask how we can continue to do things better. Onward and upward!

8. "Great place to work and grow"

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability and freedom to do the best work of your life
    Employee feedback and suggestions are honestly valued and results in real change
    Many opportunities to grow your career and learn new disciplines

Cons

With so many different groups and BUs, some times organization boundaries slow down progress
    Some times multiple groups are working on the same type of project but they don't really communicate at all times (redundant work)

9. "Customer-obsessed culture and amazingly talented colleagues"

Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Intuit 6 months ago after a long tenure at a big name Fintech and whatever doubts I had about leaving a large company to join Intuit flew out after Day 1. To be surrounded by awesome colleagues who are amazingly talented in a kind and customer obsessed environment is a real privilege! Leaders here are humble and actually walk the talk. Intuit has also develop a unique way to empathize with customers with their follow-me-home program. Helping customers galvanizes the entire company. I can’t say enough good things about this company!

Cons

Intuit has some ways to go before becoming truly global which it needs to do to unleash its full potential. It is still a very US centric company.

Advice to Management

Keep working on brand recognition so we can attract even more talent.

Bad behaviors (although rare) should be called out quickly. Folks are sometimes too nice and allow toxic behavior to fester too long.

10. "Audit Manager"

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

Employee-centric team; work-life balance is no lip service; above-and-beyond benefits even by Silicon Valley standard

Cons

The collaborative culture may slow things down

Showing 3,667 of 4,069 reviews