PSCU Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Charles E. "Chuck" Fagan, III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and time off packages (in 25 reviews)

• The company is very employee focused and has great benefits (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • A few weird call center nobody's staying in their same position 7-10 years with little to none career advancement (in 12 reviews)

• There are no cons working at PSCU (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Service Executive II"

Current Employee - Service Executive
    Current Employee - Service Executive

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The People at PSCU are amazing! A true family. I reached out to old contacts trying to find a new job closer to home. My mother was dying of cancer. I started on March 1st, she passed on April 21st. The support I received from my fellow team mates and Leadership was nothing I have experienced before. Everyone rallied around me as if I had been there for years. I cannot thank my Leadership and my team enough - I will be forever grateful to PSCU.

Cons

You will not be bored. The volume of daily tasks is a lot and it can feel overwhelming with what sometimes feels like minimal resources. But the support is still there, we all help and look out for each other is someone needs help. Our VP will do everything she can to support us and make sure the service we provide to our member-owners is superior in every way!

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and Communicate

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is very employee focused and has great benefits. There are many opportunities for employees to grow and have long time careers here.

Cons

PSCU has grown a great deal over the years I have been here, which is really positive, however, you sometimes feel the pain of trying to transition from the small company processes and mentality to middle sized company processes that may make us more efficient.

3. "10 year anniversary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mentoring program to assist you on your next position or to help you feel more comfortable with your current one. A true team/family environment.

Cons

Boys club, some positions you can't get because your not in the "club"

Advice to Management

To keep up with the programs that have been created and not let them fall into the ether. If a program is no longer running, update share-point with that information and/or remove "dead/out dated" pages.

4. "Implementation System Analyst"

Former Employee - Implementation Systems in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Implementation Systems in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

The pros are it's great environment to work in

Cons

The cons were to me the lack of leadership

Advice to Management

Be more concern

5. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Inclusive employer
    Health conscious - Free fruit daily and discounted smoothie bar, Wellness Wednesday's, treadmills in office and free gym membership available in business park.
    Good benefits and time off packages

Cons

I would like to see more female leaders at the SVP and Executive levels.
    Healthcare benefits are a bit expensive for the family option.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the employee morale and experience!

6. "More than a job, it is a Career"

Current Employee - IT Service Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - IT Service Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at PSCU for many years... almost since inception, actually. Through the years, I've seen it grow and change in many ways. For the most part, they have been very good and sometimes it was just growing pains, but always... always, the focus on what is best for our Member Credit Unions and how we can service them best. When the Credit Unions receive the best service, they help their members (including me) to be more successful with lower rates, more relevant services and focus on me as an individual.
    If you are looking for an employer that cares about its employees, just ask for the longevity of its employees and their satisfaction rating. Lots of opportunity to grow and two large locations provides you with opportunities you don't always get in other companies. If you have talent (or are hungry to expand your talent), care about others, have integrity and are willing to contribute, this is the company for you!

Cons

Work with your Management on a plan for success. You have to identify what you want in order to keep moving forward. Communicate with others, find out all the opportunities within the company so you are happy with your training and what you do and what potential there is to do more.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on competitive salaries. Offer opportunities for growth outside of just posting it, get involved in folks dreams and help guide them to further happiness.

7. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager, Training Professionals in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager, Training Professionals in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at PSCU for almost 15 years and I couldn't imagine going elsewhere. I started as a call center employee and PSCU helped me discover my career path in training (I'm now a manager of a training team). I've been able to use the generous tuition reimbursement to continue my education, while growing my career simultaneously. Great leaders along the way have taught me so much, and continue to do so. PSCU is more than a job to me, and I highly recommend the culture, people and mission of this fantastic organization!

Cons

Some silos within departments, however, we continue to find ways to collaborate and break down those barriers.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employees and development and strengthen our employees connection to our mission and our member credit unions.

8. "Anniversary"

Current Employee - Service Exectie in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Service Exectie in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

7 years at PSCU and looking forward to next 7. Love this place! First time I've worked at an employer where employee is highly regarded as an asset. Benefits and pay are outstanding.

Cons

Trying to be fair but I really do not have any.

9. "More than a job!"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I never thought I'd be with a company longer than a few years with how today's corporate environment works. I've been with PSCU 10 years and I love it! Great culture, competitive benefits, fantastic co-workers, and opportunities to grow professionally.

Cons

PSCU has always been a good place to work and takes care of their people.

Advice to Management

As we grow into a very large company - continue to stay true to our roots of people helping people, service excellence, and treating our staff and owners well.

10. "PSCU Employment with Integrity"

Current Employee - Solutions Consulting in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Solutions Consulting in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at PSCU for 2 years now and love being a part of an organization that is genuinely committed to doing what's right for their clients. The company is made up of truly good people, with a wealth of knowledge and a desire to provide quality member service. Every organization has it's challenges, but it's how you approach those challenges that separates a "good" company from a "great" company. PSCU is a great place to work.

Cons

No real cons related to the workplace or people.

Advice to Management

Pick up the pace on speed to marketplace, with new products and solutions, especially those that have a direct impact on member service.