SAP Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3

5,062 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work - Accomodatin and In-Touch"

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

SAP is very in-touch with the reality of today's workforce. Many employees have a variety of needs - SAP helps connect employees to those needs. Based on my assignment, I have the privilege to work from home - and can move anywhere in the world that I choose. I also have benefits that meet my family's needs. My manager is great - and we always connect at least 2-3 times per week to check-in.

Cons

We're a large organization. With this, it can be challenging to know what each part of the organization does on a daily basis. This can really be more of a "pro" than a "con." But those who need to see the whole organization will find this challenging.

Advice to Management

We have top talent in all parts of the organization. To keep top talent happy (and staying at SAP), keep on encouraging professional growth and development at all levels.

SAP Response

Oct 18, 2016 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your honest and realistic view of SAP. We're happy to hear you're enjoying your time at SAP and would recommend the company.

2. "Making changes for the better"

I worked at SAP full-time

Pros

SAP is a leader and continues to move forward with new technologies and strategy.
    Company has a global footprint that provides opportunity and growth.

Cons

Company structure is always changing

Advice to Management

Understand the need to revisit and focus the strategy but there needs to be more stability in the leadership and organization structure.

3. "Exceptional Learning and Development Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CLO is engaged and at the forefront of the learning industry.

Cons

Some silos exist within certain business units, often results in duplication of efforts.

4. "Full Time Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work with great people and great perks! The culture, benefits, and the day to day sounded too good to be true. I was waiting for the negatives to come but I love it here. Great people, great upper management, supportive environment, tons of growth potentially and ability to move up. Plus, there's a focus on continuous learning, development, as well as getting involved with charitable work and helping the community. So many companies are hiring, but it's really rare to find what SAP Fieldglass has to offer.

Cons

Lots of free snacks and catered lunches, but I wish the gym membership was better to offset eating so much.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating. I love how open management is at the company.

5. "Aggressive company to work for"

Former Employee - Carlos
    Former Employee - Carlos

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company, products and services. You learn a lot and have many opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

SAP has acquired so many other companies that i believe they have lost their identity.

Advice to Management

None. It is such a complex org structure typical of global companies that it depends on the country, region, department that you work for.

6. "Such a great company!"

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engaged and enthusiastic leadership fosters a culture of excitement and professional "stretching". We are all encouraged to bring our creativity and commitment to continue delivering the best products / services to our customers.

Cons

So far I haven't observed areas where chances for improvement aren't already underway.

Advice to Management

Love your focus on bringing the positive changes the world needs like Business without Bias, differently abled hiring, LGBTQ advocacy etc.

"Mixed messages?"

I worked at SAP full-time

Pros

SAP touts their diversity policy.

Cons

SAP has a lot of PR on their diversity policy, yet I just saw the following verbage on a SAP posting for a HANA consultant:

EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
    • Recent graduate of an accredited university with a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant STEM field including: Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant degree.
    WORK EXPERIENCE
    6 months to 3 years of relevant work experience in a corporate environment through internships or recent work experience.

Message: only 20-somethings need apply.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk. Age discrimination is as prevalent as LGBT discrimination but it's accepted and standard practice in corporate America, and even blatantly advertised by companies like SAP that make a big deal out of their diversity policy.

"Oasis in the Desert"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exceptional benefits, employer contributions, great healthcare, ample vacation plans. True commitment to my career path, whether in my current job or if a better opportunity or project opens up. Culture shock as to just how good it is here compared to many of my last employers. Easy to see why it is a Top Place to Work in the US.

Cons

You are held responsible for much of your own success. That can be good or bad, depending on your viewpoint. Large, global company can be daunting for some people.

Advice to Management

Embrace change, leverage talent, alter your perspective.

SAP Response

Aug 9, 2017 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your positive review of SAP. We appreciate the recommendation and 5-star rating. SAP in the United States is repeatedly recognized as one of the best places to work with multiple awards... More

9. "Would recommend working at SAP!"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Executive

I have been working at SAP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An empathetic company that cares about its customers, employees, community and world in which we live. I feel they offer a fair salary and excellent benefits package. The culture and values of the organization are embedded within each line of business. Bill McDermott is inspirational!

Cons

Work/life balance can be a little tricky. As a very connected workforce (mobile, laptop, etc) one can find themselves working around the clock.

10. "Good Company"

I worked at SAP full-time

Pros

All kinds of trainings and learning opportunities

Cons

Move slow. Techniques are a little bit out of date.

Showing 5,062 of 5,620 reviews