Adobe Data Mining/Machine Learning Engineer Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adobe Data Mining/Machine Learning Engineer Position Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Mining/Machine Learning Engineer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

A recruiter from Adobe contacted me for an opportunity with Adobe!!! She sent me a wrong job description for Community Marketing Manager despite my computer science background. Then they realized their mistake and sent me data mining/machine learning engineer position description. I was interviewed by 2 people including a hiring manager and senior developer by phone. At end of the interview, hiring manager promised me for face2face interview after a good show. In contrary to hiring manager words, recruiter sent me a reject mail stating they are moving forward with other candidates!!! It is the strangest interview process I ever had!!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Data Mining/Machine Learning Engineer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Two people conducted one hour phone interview. They called separately so each had half hour. One of them is the hiring manager, he explained that the team is mainly about data mining. Then asked my real world experience with data mining, and eventually that lead to amazon recommendation system. So he asked me how I would design the recommendation system? He was polite and the conversation was pleasant.
    The second person is a senior engineer in the team. He asked my experience and skills required for the position. There was a problem in our discussion, quite often, I had hard time understand what he wanted to ask. He was trying to refine his question several times, in the end, we both worked very hard to define the problem. Overall, he is a nice person.
    I told the manager that I wouldn't be available soon, that, maybe plus others leads to no forward.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a recommendation system (like amazon)?   1 Answer