American Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.6

Hospital Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The interviewers were friendly, kind, and professional. Questions were fair, not too difficult I literally felt the importance of what this organization stood for. I was able to take a tour of the facilities and not long after hiring in as a HST, I advanced to lab assistant at the National Testing Laboratory.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward and I was asked relatively common interview questions about my job experience, why I wanted to work for the The American Red Cross, why I thought I was a good fit for the role, etc.

Donor Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Interviewed with 1 person. Explained the position and asked me 2 random questions from 5 different categories. Then took a tour around the facility. It was great to hear the background of the company

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to a challenging coworker   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to tell someone bad news and bring the situation positive   1 Answer
    • How would your coworkers describe you   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Basic interview process. Applied online through Glassdoor, phone screen was pleasant and easy and you are really made to feel like they want you as a part of the org. 3 days later on person interview was in a similar vein, very relaxed and laid back. The HR is centralized so they made the process a little harder than it needed to be but overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2017.

Interview

Had a recruiter email me the day after I applied to set up an interview. Phone call didn't go through the first time, and after he set up a second time to call me a few hours later, he never called back. Very disappointed.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Douglasville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was very direct. I was contacted by a talent specialist. She provided insight on the position, the interview and answered all my questions. The actual interview was direct and I felt comfortable talking with all interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an issue with a coworker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2017.

Interview

First I received an email requesting a response to a list of questions, then telephone interview. it was very laid back and friendly, not stressful at all. They are looking for the right personality not the right list of established skills in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Volunteer experience, one word best describing me, difficult situation with volunteers and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Disaster Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR professional in a different state for a general phone screening. I was then invited to an in-person interview with the local hiring manager and 2 other managers. The interview felt more like an interrogation than conversation and I was given very little feedback. I was then contacted by the first HR professional and told that they were still interested and wanted me to speak with another manager, which I did the following week. Two weeks later I received a very generic email (presumably the email that every applicant receives) letting me know they have chosen another candidate for the position. After preparing for three interviews, sending personal follow up emails after each interview, and spending 3+ weeks in the interview process, it would have been nice to receive a personalized email or even phone call notifying me of the decision. I would suggest the organization revise their hiring practices as the current system may leave candidates with a negative perception, thus creating an unfavorable reputation.

Grant Writing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Cambridge, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online by submitting a resume. Got an email from a member of the national HR team for a phone interview. Interviewed for 15 minutes with an HR rep not too familiar with the local chapter. Then invited for an in-person interview with the hiring manager, which lasted one hour. Hiring manager asked me to come back the next day to interview with three team members for another hour. Went well. A month later national HR rep emailed to ask if I was still interested in the job. I said yes and he gave me a job offer that was $15k below my current salary. I asked about negotiation or whether any of the four other advertised roles in the department were a better fit. Never heard back.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was asked a few weeks later for a phone interview. Easy to set up and the interviewer was easy to talk to. Was told after the phone interview that his notes would be passed on to the local hiring team and I would hear from them if I moved on to the next step. Actually heard back from both of them that they had moved on with other candidates. Overall a good experience.