American Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2018

2.6

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Applied and was quickly contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The first attempt at a phone interview went poorly, as the recruiter had marked his calendar for another day and did not complete the interview on the day that had been scheduled. The second phone interview went well, simple behavior based questions. I was then invited to an in-person interview in a city 1 1/2 hours away. I took off work, went for the interview and thought it went well. Was told to expect a phone call from the recruiter to set up a final interview. Over a week later, I have yet to hear back from the recruiter after multiple attempts to reach him. Feedback, whether that be positive or negative, would have been very much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince businesses to sponsor a blood drive?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross in January 2018.

Interview

Process took less than a week. Applied online. Next day received an email directly from a recruiter to take a personality test and if everything went well I’d get a call to conduct a phone interview. I took the personality test and received a call about 2 hours later. Super nice recruiter explained the position,pay,hours, and how the training process works. Once I said it was something I wanted to move forward with she asked me basic questions about my past work experience. Also if my phlebotomy certificate was current. Very easy. She then said she would love to have me meet with the collections manager at the site I would be training and working at for a face to face interview. Went 2 days later. Manager again explained the position, pay, scheduling, and how training works. She then asked a series of scenario questions and some past experience ones. I was told I’d get a call from the recruiter if they choose to move forward. Very friendly
    experience. Got a call 3 hours after my interview with a job offer pending background check and drug test. Drug test was nonchalant just picked a location nearest me and walked in and did my thing. Fast and easy interview all together.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you ever had to be emphatic towards a patient or client ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your past work experiences where you went above and beyond   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager in person after applying online for an Internship position. Received a phone interview and group panel invite. Following that, received the offer to start interning with American Red Cross. It was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Intern for ARC?   1 Answer

Apheresis Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

2 weeks later after applying online I received a phone call for a brief phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled for a face to face with 2 higher up people. Then 2 days later I received a offer. It wasn't for the position I applied for it was for a position at the contact center, which I am grateful for as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked were you had metrics to meet?   1 Answer

Disaster Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Portland, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

Two-on-One, very laid back. Very willing to answer any questions I had. Was contacted by a recruiter and then met with the recruiter and the hiring manager. I currently work with the hiring manager, so the process was pretty simple regarding comfort and difficulty.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage people in a fast-paced setting?   1 Answer

Marketing and Communications, Chicago Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online with my resume and was contacted a few days later through email. I was asked to do a phone interview. After that, the hiring manager asked me to send in a few writing samples. Lastly, I was asked to come in for a final interview which was in person. I was contacted a week later with an internship offer. The whole process was over a 1.5 month period.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with The Red Cross?   Answer Question
    • During your time at college, which classes have you taken that you feel were the most important or beneficial?   Answer Question

Blood Mobil Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Pomona, CA).

Interview

First it was a phone interview with general questions about where did you work before, how long, what type of experience; followed by a one on one interview at the Pomona facility.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you are able to drive a radius of 60 miles from your home?   1 Answer
    • Schedules change often, are you flexible to work.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

You will get an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Then based on how it goes a decision will be made. There was no in person interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Received a call from hiring manager ( phone interview) then meet with district manager, then had a phone interview with the departmental manager that resulted in a formal offer. The interview was about an hour long in person and on the phone both were each about half-hour long.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you were challenged with a problem and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

I applied online, then was contacted to respond to questions via email ~2 weeks later. ~1 week later, had a phone interview, then was contacted ~2 weeks later for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What news stories have you been following? What sources do you use for news? What is your experience working with volunteers? What area is your strongest? What area would you have the most to learn?

In-Person: How do you manage conflicts? Example? Lots of example scenario questions about managing volunteers. What is your opinion on firing volunteers?   Answer Question