American Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Red Cross Interview Questions

Interviews at American Red Cross

2.5

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Very easy and straightforward. I would suggest that interested applicants simply read up about the American Red Cross and recent activities they are engaging in. I was initially interviewed via phone by two AmeriCorps VISTA fellows then the second interview was in-person with my supervisor. After the interview with the supervisor, I was immediately offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   2 Answers

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Very comfortable and relaxing. Met with the hiring manager as well as the volunteer coordinator. Both were very nice and made me feel like I was wanted for the position.

Interview Questions

• What has been your recent experience working with disaster?   Answer Question

Interview

I was brought in for an interview for a temporary position within the organization. There was a remote manager on video chat and two people from the office. We sat down in the conference room.

QC Medical Technologist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone screening with HR then in-person interview with hiring managers. The interview was relaxed but felt unorganized. I applied for a day position and they interviewed me for an overnight position.

Disaster Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Wheeling, WV) in February 2020.

Interview

Completed 3 interviews in total. Applied online, and was contacted to completed a pre-screening a month after applying. About a week later I completed the screening interview, a week after that a panel interview over Skype, and two weeks later I gave an hour-long presentation interview in person, followed by more explanation of the job and questions. Everyone was friendly during the process, but there was a lot to prepare for. Received a phone call that I did not get the job, well before the automated email.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two volunteers were fighting during an event?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

1 quick 30 minute phone interview, then was offered the position. Job was unpaid but great experience and great people that work for the company, flexibility in creating hours and days worked as the internship is unpaid.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Red Cross?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross in January 2020.

Interview

This was a lengthy and disappointing experience. It took a month to be contacted for this Talent Acquisition Volunteer position.

I was in contact with maybe 4 people and when I realized they didn't value my time, I declined moving forward.

The initial calls were to find out about my skills and confirm my interest in the role I applied for. After you've successfully passed that step, the supervisor or manager of your area of interest will contact you to inform you of your job responsibilities and required hours.

Disaster Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Houston, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

The phone interview was fairly simple. It asked about core values and why I felt I deserved the position. It was also asked of me to tell them what I knew about Red Cross.

Interview Questions

• why I felt I deserved the position. It was also asked of me to tell them what I knew about Red Cross.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

The people were very friendly. The questions were difficult but very relevant to the position. There was a phone screen and an in person interview where I met at the location. Receptionists kept you informed of when the boss would be ready. Interview was quick.

Volunteer Interview

Interview

It was great. They were friendly and positive, asking several questions about work history and experience. It moved smoothly with 3 interviews in total. The offered several options and opportunities for growth.