American Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Red Cross Interview Questions

Interviews at American Red Cross

2.6

Sort:

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2013.

Interview

Very casual interview with the Regional CEO. I think the interview was reflective of her more than of ARC overall. I was already an employee of ARC and heard about this opening at my branch. I applied inernally for it and was granted an interview. I am unsure if there were even other candidates. I did an interview and then was hired for this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for American Red Cross in this role?   3 Answers

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2008.

Interview

It was very in depth as the position I was interviewing for deploys to the combat zones where the U.S. military is and they wanted to ensure that as an employee we would be able to "rough it" if necessary. Questions were thorough for the job and appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to fire an employee or volunteer?   1 Answer
    • If you had a suggestion to present to your supervisor as to how the office could be more efficient, and they rejected it, how would you take that?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation as the division I interviewed for starts all beginning employees at the same level even though I had many years of experience and credentials that were brought to the table. To me it wasn't fair at all.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in July 2009.

Interview

This interview ran very smoothly. It was a run of the mill behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked. They were the normal questions.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was very brief. I had a phone interview and in-person interview within 1 week. They were looking to hire quickly so it did seem a bit rushed. It felt chaotic but they were trying to meet an internal deadline.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did no negotiate

Associate Director, Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standard interview, no unexpected questions. Asked me why I left my other positions, what I bring to the table, how I feel about navigating a bureaucracy, and how I manage projects as to not lose important details.

Interview Questions

• What do you love and hate about development?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked I found to be relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Douglasville, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

regular interview questions
    behavioral questions
    laid back
    situational questions
    one on one
    phone interview, then one on one
    tour of facility
    wait in the waiting room
    lab management personnel
    why do you want to work here?
    quick turn around time
    tell me about yourself?
    great interview process
    see hr first
    then see management
    where do you see yourself in five years?
    how is the culture at your last job?
    why did you leave your last job?

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

You meet with the supervisor and lead for your shift. They have a series of quesitons that they ask you from a piece of paper. You are then given a tour of the lab.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would not like in a boss or supervisor?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross in January 2017.

Interview

I was first given a phone screening interview then offered an in-person interview at their facility. The phone interview asked about my personal experiences in different laboratory settings. The in-person interview focused on personality and motivation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you solved an issue while working in a lab.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The person that does the phone screen is very nice. I got to the 2nd interview, and they were personable. I think I said I didn't like batch records and that is part of it. Was intimidating that a mistake could mean recusal.