Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was very thorough - met with 3 hr professionals, 3 business line professionals across a variety of mediums - phone, in office, and Skype. Every step of the way was extremely casual (from a people perspective) but challenging (from a personal experience, goals, etc. Perspective). Took about a month from initial phone screen (applied via LinkedIn) to receiving offer.

Interview Questions

• If we are at your retirement party, what job are you retiring from?   Answer Question

Factory Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (State College, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I briefly met with Anheuser-Busch at a Career Fair at Penn State. I spoke with one of their representatives for about ten minutes. This individual did a poor job of fielding my questions about what I would do in the company on a day-to-day responsibility basis.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY).

Interview

2 online assessments, 1 phone screen with HR and a general manager, then the TAP phone assessment which I did not move forward after. The online assessments were fairly simple and the phone screen was more conversational than anything else. The TAP assessment, however, was simple to miss the mark on and quite stressful to complete within the timeline.

Interview Questions

• The TAP assessment was role playing based and very challenging within the time limit. Having an answer down is more important than having the perfect answer I gathered.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

I completed the online application, then two easy online tests.

Later I was invited to do a Skype interview with an HR/Sales person. This was straightforward.

After, I was invited to a panel interview in NYC. This interview was only 45 minutes and pretty intimidating. Just be confident and research the company/industry and remain consistent.

Interview Questions

• Should we display nutritional information on our beers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

So I feel obligated to write this because Glassdoor helped me so much. This is for on campus recruiting for the GMT Internship.

Network: Network with your alumni it helps. We had a tailgate

Online Test: You take two online tests. 1 culture test & 1 logic test. They aren't that bad. If you can't pass them you wouldn't get past the rest of the process, so just take them. The logic test will get increasingly harder. Therefore, if it is getting harder then you are doing well.

Case Interview: You are gonna do really bad. No one says wow that went great. You won't have enough time to do the case. No one does. Do the case as best you can then when they ask questions just speak confidently and back up your answers. I didn't even want to present mine because I thought it was so bad, but I mad it to the next round cause I defended everything I did.

Behavioral Interview: Just be yourself. There are no tricky questions. Just a culture fit test.

Panel: They interview 7 students at once and there were 4 Interviewers. I don't know what they looked for, but always be ready to speak and go off other peoples answer. One of the girls in my group cried after, another had giant pit stains, and another wouldn't talk. Therefore, my biggest advice is if you stay calm and articulate yourself well then you are going to crush everyone. I told my friends that after mine and all three of us got offers. If you answer all the questions in your head even if they get asked to other people that helps. Know the company culture and whats going one.

Overall, I didn't think it was that hard. If you're intelligent and fit the company culture you will probably get it.

Interview Questions

• Why Anheuser-Busch? - most important question. Give an example why
      Who would you name CEO on this Panel?
      Why are you Unique?

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Williamsburg, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

After meeting some representatives on campus, I applied online which included a a couple lengthy tests. I did a video interview, and then a final interview at the brewery in Williamsburg, VA. The visit at the brewery also included a tour of the facilities and an opportunity to speak with current coops at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      Why do you want to work for AB?
      Tell me about something not on your resume
      Tell me an innovative process or idea that you identified

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, instantly received an email asking to take an online assessment. After doing well on the assessment, I was contacted by the hiring manager via email for a phone screening / interview.

Marketing Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

1st interview: short, 30 minute behavioral interview. Seems like they are trying to get a sense of who you are as a person and if you fit with their company culture
    2nd interview: 45 min NYC on-site "panel"- more like a discussion than anything. They really are just looking to see how you interact with upper-level management, respond to pressure, and think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview:
      What are your interests outside of school?
      What's your favorite brand (besides AB) and why?
      Think about an area near your school that is known for restaurants, bars, etc. How would you establish a new bar there, how would you differentiate yourself, and how would you market the beer?
      Tell us about a time you had trouble with a teammate.

2nd interview:
      They will ask you anything they want about your resume, how to market beer to a specific target group, give your opinion to another candidates answer, etc. There is no way to predict what questions will be asked, just know a lot about the beer industry, their company, and competitors. Also know all of the marketing campaigns for AB's major brands, and their competitors. Don't share an idea if you can't properly defend it.

GMT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

First round was a business case with a couple common interview questions at the end (why AB, what makes you stand out). You have about 30 minutes for reviewing the case, and then 8 minutes to present and a few minutes of them asking questions about the case. For the case itself, I'd definitely recommend managing your time well, because it goes quicker than you realize and you need to leave time at the end to prepare a little bit of what you want to say to make it seem at least somewhat put together. Overall I thought the case was a little difficult because of time constraints, but not unfairly so. You just have to know what to expect and move quickly through the information they give you.

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY).

Interview

After you submit your resume, you are invited to take an online "culture fit" test, you have to take an online logical reasoning test. If you do well on both of those, then they look at your resume and decide to interview you. First interview is a 45 minute business case. If you do well, you're invited to the behavioural the next day. Next round is flying to Missouri for business simulation. And then an interview with a panel.