Aon Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aon Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Aon

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Got an initial e-mail to request a phone interview. The phone interview was short, asked a few basic questions about resume but was mostly to describe the company and position. The next interview was at the office. It was 5 rounds (about a half hour each) with 2 people. I was put in a room with 4 other people who were also interviewing for the same position so it was a little weird, but the interviews were pretty straightforward with basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions.
    Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
    Fairly decent amount of group questions, such as a time when your group worked well together, when you didn't work well together, when some didn't put as much effort in, etc.
    Talk about a time when you bargained something, what would you have done differently?
    Be prepared to talk through your resume as well.
    There were no real technical questions besides asking what familiarity I had with some Microsoft Office programs and statistic programs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Completed a virtual interview through HireVue and heard back 2 weeks later that I was invited to the super day in Chicago. 5 30-minute interviews with 1:1 and 2:1 scenarios. 3 behavioral, one problem solving/critical thinking and a technical/data interview and then they took us out to lunch. All interviewers were associate directors or directors and have been with the company for 10+ years. Still waiting on a decision. Good experience even though I believe I could have answered the problem solving questions more eloquently.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal brand?
      Tell us about a time where you had to change the way you approached a project/presentation.
      What data would you collect from a client to best assess their risks?
      What experience have you had with MS Access & SQL?
      How would you explain a data process to an audience with no experience?   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon in November 2015.

Interview

One online interview where I was asked to record answers to questions. Include a few behavioral questions, why I would be a good fit for the role, etc. Second round was at the office, met with the hiring manager, then proceeded to 5 30 minute interviews, each with two members of the team asking mostly behavioral questions, walking through resume , etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to solve a problem and had no idea where to start?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Miami, FL).

Interview

Online interview 35 mins lenght aprox.
    Some of the questions were written and others were recorded with 1:30 mins to answer.
    Do the practise questions and read well the job description before starting the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal brand?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage dtress at the workplace?How does it affect your relationship with coworkers?   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon in September 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Took about a month before I heard back. Online "interview" took about 30 mins. Basic questions about your personal skills, some written responses, others were verbal responses with 1:30 minute time frame.
    still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How did you approach a situation where you had no idea where to start?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview consisted of three separate phone interviews. There was an initial screen, one very long one with multiple people, and one follow up. All were pretty standard with questions about strengths, weaknesses, data quality, some basic technical skills questions. It's important to be technical but still be able to talk to people and convey some warmth since it's a client focused role.

Interview Questions

• Asked about components of catastrophe models and data quality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Few weeks later, invited for first round interview on HireVue
    -Few days later, invited to headquarters for interviews with 10 people (2 people per interview slot, 5 total); asked critical thinking, concept, behavioral/hypothetical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

-Whole process took 2 month.
    -1 HR phone interview, 1 phone interview with global head, 1 onsite with global head and 2 other people in the company.

-HR interview was easy, just went through resume, simple behaviour
    -phone with global head went for 1.5hour. went though resume, asked about previous intern experience. interests. why this position. market views, some statistical questions: copula, 2008 mortgage crisis. limitations of copula.
    -onsite interview was standard corporate interview booklet quesions.
    started with lots of behaviour questions like: why this job, how to solve conflict, what is stop-loss, how to work with others.

technical questions were about Access, dealing with data, manipulate data in access.

Interview Questions

• didnt expect there to be a booklet of behaviour questions to answer.
      and asked about data / tech questions.Stop- loss   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There was a 15 minute phone screening that asked about my academic background and interest in the position, no contact for ~3 weeks followed by an invitation to go on site. There were 5 on site interviews, technical, case study, HR, and two more traditional behavioral. Most interviews were conducted by a team of two employees. The offer was extended the following week

Interview Questions

• Defining catastrophes and estimating damage (similar to case study)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon (Bloomington, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I found the position on my college website and also spoke with recrutiers at a career fair. They sent me an e-mail to confirm the interview and scheduled it a month ahead of time. The employees were really friendly but be prepared to be there for almost 4 hours. For me, there were 3 other people interviewing at the same time but do not worry- its not a group interview. What happens is that you have five different interview, each one with 2 or 3 people asking you questions. The questions were almost all behavioral which was pretty difficult.

Interview Questions

• -an example of when technology broke down and how you handled it
      -an example of when you delegated tasks
      -an example of when you disagreed and stood up for your beliefs
      -example of when you bargained and what was your strategy
      -tell me about yourself
      -failure and how you handle criticism
      -something about customer service
      -example of when something went wrong in a project and how you handled it
      -what happened if you realized that your data was incorrect and you had a strict deadline
      -are you a leader or a follower
      -time when you were stressed and handling multiple projects and technique when going through them
      -tell me about a time when were was disagreement and how you handled it
      -what other companies are you applying for
      - how do you stay organized
      -what would you have done differently in bargaining, any regrets?
      -what would you do differently in customer service situation, any regrets?
      -These are just a few examples so be more prepared with examples for every behavioral question you can think of   Answer Question