AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2011.

Interview

An out-sourced employment coordinator contacted me to schedule an interview. After meeting with him, the next phase of the process was a panel interview where four managers interviewed me. Two of the managers asked behavioral questions, based on past experiences. The other two managers appeared to be inexperienced at interviewing and had no follow-up questions. The managers appeared to disagree as to the next steps, the qualifications of the individuals they were searching for, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't have the information necessary to do your job. How did you go about getting it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have similar experience, ask about additional vacation policy; inquire about hiring bonus. Otherwise, nothing unusual.

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and went through some odd steps before being invited for a face to face. They require you to do a mock sales presentation which was ridiculous. The interviewers were jerks and one made a comment about my physical appearance, I won't say what. He seemed utterly bored with the entire process. Makes me wonder why I wasted my time. The company also seems to engage in age discrimination based on the interview experience of someone else I know. If you're a middle aged female you're out of luck.

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I applied for this position online. The company contacted me three days later via email to set up a phone interview. The 20 minute phone interview consisted of general background questions (verifying information on resume) also I was asked to discuss a time that I had to give a presentation. Upon completion of the phone interview, I received an email with a link redirecting me to a behavioral exam. There were 2 behavioral tests, both approximately 200 questions (20 minutes allotted per test). After these online tests, I was emailed again requesting me to complete an online employment application form that would be forwarded to the hiring manager. I am waiting to hear back.
    The process has taken 20 days thus far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to give a presentation.
      What makes you a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. 1st was a phone interview discussing resume, then a behavioral based test via the Internet, then I was suggested to apply for the position, then my resume went to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• In 2013 when you gave a presentation, tell me who was the audience, what was the presentation about, and what was the result of that presentation?   Answer Question
    • This is a situational based question.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2011.

Interview

Walk thru who you are and why AZ. The questions format is tell a situations, how you handled, and what were the results. Tell me a time when...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you saw someone breaking a co policy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to schedule a telephone interview about a week later. The telephone interview lasted 17 minutes to be exact and was nothing more than a brief overview of my background and accomplishments. I was told to look for a 200 question personality assessment in the next day or so and if you pass the assessment you will be emailed a more detailed application to fill out. I made it through the entire process and wasn't even given an opportunity to interview with them face to face which was disappointing but this is how companies operate these days.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to do a presentation.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview

Referred by an educator who had worked with the company on a product launch. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and we did a phone interview a few days later. It was a résumé overview and a couple of behavioral based questions. I was then scheduled for a face to face with the hiring manager, who was exceptionally warm yet very professional. She was interviewing more candidates this week (my interview was last week) and said she would let me know about the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I received an email with instruction on how to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my resume and a few behavior STAR questions. After the interview I was sent the personality tests followed by an official online application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 people. Starting with the lowest in rank and ending with the highest, a senior VP. Questions were fairly straightforward, no tricks or anything. Everyone was very kind and courteous.

Interview Questions

• "Case style" question asking what I would do in a certain situation when a doctor was being particularly difficult   Answer Question

To accept a position at a different company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Hartford, CT) in September 2012.

Interview

Received an email to set up a time for a phone screening interview. The screening was different and didn't go that well. It was mostly about my background with a few situational questions aswell. When the interview person asked if I had questions I started to go down my list of questions, but she didn't answer ANY! She either said thats a question for the regional sales director who I'll speak to later on in the interview process or said legally she can discuss that at this time (regarding newest drugs, future of AZ, new trends etc). She was basically of no help and sounded like a robot the complete time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave a presentation. Screening interview just happened today so Im waiting to hear back.   Answer Question