Atkins Graduate Structural Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atkins Graduate Structural Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Atkins

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Following the completion of my online application i was subject to apptitude tests which i successfully completed. following this it took them around 4-5 months to reply and offer me a telephone interview. After succesfully passing this i was invited to a graduate assesment centre which involved a technical test, competancy interview, technical interview, written exercise - with combined presentation and finally a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• To define ULS & SLS and why they are used.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Atkins

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Chennai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

First, a written technical test with moderate difficulty. It was about whole civil engineering rather than only structural. Two interviews-Technical interview about basics of structural engg. and a HR interview

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Atkins (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete standard tests.
    A week or two after competing the tests I got invited to an assessment center, via email and a phone call, which was planned for 2/3 weeks later.
    The assessment center consisted of a technical test, technical interview, group work, HR interview, individual written piece and presentation. The day was quite relaxed which helped as it was my first assessment center. Even though I felt I did not do well in the technical test I was able to explain my thought process and what I was trying to achieve, which is what they are wanting to find out. We also got to meet people who are on the graduate scheme at the moment, one was in her first year and the other was about to finish, which was interesting. I got an offer a couple of days later.
    Through out the entire process the HR staff have been very helpful.

Interview Questions

• The technical test involved a variety of questions from 1st year basics to work that I had just been doing in 5th year.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything as was happy with the offer but there were opportunities to change start date etc

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

both technical and hr interviews. interviewer is friendly, helped to answer the questions. interview was at bangalore office. basics of structural analysis was asked. no questions related to structural design of concrete or steel.