Atkins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atkins Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job opening online. It took 1 week to receive phone interview with HR, and an additional week for a phone interview with a senior engineer. The interview process was professional.

Traffic Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atkins (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process was a stringent one. There were many steps to becoming employed. A two phase group interaction session. A 3 person panel interview and a skills test.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Bryan, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter who was pleasant enough but when she asked me what other companies I was interviewing with, I told her that I would rather not say and didn't know why they needed to know the specific companies I was interviewing with. That seemed to throw her off. After that, I got set up with a phone interview with one of their senior engineers which went really well and I received a positive impression of the company from this interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult person in the past?   2 Answers

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins in September 2016.

Interview

1st hour was basic interview questions
    2nd hour was technical questions
    Talked about the company and the particular office location
    I asked them why they liked working there and what sets Atkins apart from its competitors.

Traffic Operations Control Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Group interview with 10 hiring managers, group exercise to see who you would save from a cave based on individual's attributes (then defend your assertions), tour of control room, Q&A, finished off with a multi tasking assignment where you had to solve math problems while simultaneously answering questions about emails which constantly came into your inbox and you had to read them first before you could answer the questions about them (while solving math problems at the same time). Two to three time hour time commitment.

Interview Questions

• Did I enjoy the tour of the control room.   1 Answer

Ecological Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins.

Interview

Very straight forward. Initial phone call to set some things up/gauge interest, phone interview, in person interview. The phone interview goes through the general stuff to make sure you can work there and your resume is legit. In person interview goes through your resume and how you relate to the job/work.

Interview Questions

• What have you done before that will help you complete the tasks of this job?   Answer Question

GIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins in March 2016.

Interview

The process went smooth. The interviewer was a good listener and provided all the necessary information. First, the interviewer briefly introduced the position and background of the company. then I was asked a few questions which were not difficult at all. The whole process was pleasant.

Sweeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

they asked me to sweep the floor and show how good I am in it. ia m proud of my abilities.

Interview Questions

• they insisted on sweeping the floor   1 Answer

Negotiation

quick and easy

Senior Word Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atkins (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

When I first applied for the job in 2001, it was a different company (it was twice acquired since then). I was interviewed by the Administrative Manager, who was a delight, and we became fast friends. I subsequently met with the Office Leader, who also was a generous spirit. (Neither is at the firm any longer.)

Interview Questions

• How do your past experiences qualify you for the position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atkins (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to through their website. It took about a month to get routed before I had a call for an interview. The interview was very easy but typical for other interviews I have had. Very simple process.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a conversation of my experience and discussion of my resume. It lasted about an hour. I was hired.   1 Answer