Atkins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atkins Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins.

Interview

Phone interview with several people from different offices; one of which was my stated office of preference and 2 others which I believe the company felt my skills were relevant to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Talk about your previous engineering experience.
      It was more conversational than behavioral.   Answer Question

Traffic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atkins in July 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview and phone interview with a panel setting. They had a couple of people from the engineering team and the hiring manager on Skype. Each member of the panel basically asked you questions. One member of the panel was rather rude.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions but one thing I noted is that they seemed only interested in hiring "a unicorn" They basically didn't give me a chance at the interview and it seemed they had made up their mind not hiring me prior to the interview and were just going through the motions for an intefview   1 Answer

Quality Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

First was a screening interview by the recruiter. My application was passed on to the Hiring Manager. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview. I was provided travel to the office.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to this organization?   1 Answer

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job opening online. It took 1 week to receive phone interview with HR, and an additional week for a phone interview with a senior engineer. The interview process was professional.

Traffic Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atkins (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process was a stringent one. There were many steps to becoming employed. A two phase group interaction session. A 3 person panel interview and a skills test.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins (Bryan, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter who was pleasant enough but when she asked me what other companies I was interviewing with, I told her that I would rather not say and didn't know why they needed to know the specific companies I was interviewing with. That seemed to throw her off. After that, I got set up with a phone interview with one of their senior engineers which went really well and I received a positive impression of the company from this interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult person in the past?   2 Answers

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins in September 2016.

Interview

1st hour was basic interview questions
    2nd hour was technical questions
    Talked about the company and the particular office location
    I asked them why they liked working there and what sets Atkins apart from its competitors.

Ecological Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins.

Interview

Very straight forward. Initial phone call to set some things up/gauge interest, phone interview, in person interview. The phone interview goes through the general stuff to make sure you can work there and your resume is legit. In person interview goes through your resume and how you relate to the job/work.

Interview Questions

• What have you done before that will help you complete the tasks of this job?   Answer Question

Traffic Operations Control Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atkins (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Group interview with 10 hiring managers, group exercise to see who you would save from a cave based on individual's attributes (then defend your assertions), tour of control room, Q&A, finished off with a multi tasking assignment where you had to solve math problems while simultaneously answering questions about emails which constantly came into your inbox and you had to read them first before you could answer the questions about them (while solving math problems at the same time). Two to three time hour time commitment.

Interview Questions

• Did I enjoy the tour of the control room.   1 Answer

GIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atkins in March 2016.

Interview

The process went smooth. The interviewer was a good listener and provided all the necessary information. First, the interviewer briefly introduced the position and background of the company. then I was asked a few questions which were not difficult at all. The whole process was pleasant.