AutoZone Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview Questions

1.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (El Paso, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief interview, asked the simplest questions. Wanted to know my availability, if I could pick up up 50 lbs, my work history, where I live.

Dress code for the interview was business casual, I got the job wearing nice black work jeans.

Was very informal, done in the back the store by the fire exit.

Interview Questions

• Do you have ASE certifications   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Interview was quick and simple... Walked in, had a 20 minute interview, was offered a job immediately... Started next week. Pay was non-negotiable and low. I told the manager I felt like I was worth more, he told me if I wanted the job I'd take $8.25 an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever witnessed someone stealing, and how I handled it...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Garland, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

They basically just want to know what time of day you can work. Most places want a consistent schedule, be it day or night. No experience with cars is okay, but they do ask if you have experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked about salary. I was offered $9 an hour but ask for a little more. I asked for $9.50. Autozone offers yearly raises in the form of .10 cents to about .25 cents per year so try to ask for a little more starting out, especially if you're bilingual.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Dearborn, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

They called me the next day and told me to go to the store for an interview with the district manager. I went there and the district manager and the store manager interviewed me. He was really nice and told me he will call me.. He did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What's your greatest strength? and weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Rock Hill, SC) in September 2011.

Interview

Was called for an interview about 2 weeks after applying. They inquire as to your work history, parts knowledge, mechanical systems knowledge. Ask you what your strengths and weakness are. Ask you if you are comfortable working around hazardous materials, lifting heavy objects, handling cash, etc. Was asked a little about personal interests. Also asked about sales experience. Waited on a conformation email for about a week, and was scheduled about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Name the components of the suspension system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was excessively low. It was a take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Springfield, MO) in July 2011.

Interview

I only interviewed once. The interview took almost two hours and was completely off base. We covered a lot of information that did not pertain to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would say hold out this company can pay a lot more money than they do when you are starting out and they will rail road if they can get away with it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Sit down with store manager and answer questions regarding resume. They quiz you on various components of a car and ask what they do. IT is okay if you do not know what that component does. Just answer truthfully.

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoZone in January 2010.

Interview

Applied only on a Saturday got a phone called on Monday and started working next Monday. Hiring process was pretty fast and easy .

Interview Questions

• If you had a chance to write a check to your previous employer how much would that check be? And why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate just took the job.

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

The application is long due to the personality test. The background check takes a long time so it can be up to a month before you are actually hired. They want to know you can sell. Autoparts knowledge is a plus.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the most unexpected question. Know what goes with what. What would you sell with an A/C compressor? Orifice tube, expansion valve... etc. What is in a tune up?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone in October 2011.

Interview

Applied for job, was contacted for an interview roughly a week later, took about a MONTH before i took a training class, then was finally ready to work. The people i worked with were nice and the interview process was smooth just some advice, brush up on parts of the engine and the related parts(ex: Ignition parts: ignition key, starter, park plugs, and distributor.) Overall not bad but not timely, at lease not with the store i worked for.

Interview Questions

• Parts of the ignition system   1 Answer
    • Parts of the braking system   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy was given more than i asked for.