Avalara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.8

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC).

Interview

Each person that interviewed me was very sharp and personable. The in-person interview was way too long. I interviewed with 4 different people each for 45 minutes, back to back. It would've been much more efficient as a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a work challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA).

Interview

This was primarily a one on one interview with the hiring manager. It was preceded by multiple telephone conversations of varying length. He was primarily interested in learning how I would handle various situations and issues. Overall, the process was about as I expected. I learned about the manager, his department and how his thought things should be done.

Tax Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

I was offered a Phone Screening Interview. I inquired on the Salary Range for the position. The answer was $45 to $100. We agreed to cancel the interview since I was looking for a higher position.
    Declined the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me If I had a problem in moving to Overland Park, Kansas.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process began with a phone screen with a company recruiter, followed by additional screen with the hiring manager. Both went well, and I was invited for in-person interview. Everyone I met with was extremely friendly, and I enjoyed the atmosphere. The interview itself was meeting with 5 different people, and focused on the role in question, previous experience, and personality. No technical questions were asked, beyond discussing my experience. The whole process was more of a long conversation. Refreshing.

A good experience overall, and I thought the process went well. Ultimately, no offer was presented, and no indication as to why, but that's fairly typical. I did somewhat get the feeling a decision had already been made prior to my arrival, but purely speculation.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

After applying online, they sent me an email to request for a phone interview. Seven minutes later, I responded by providing my availability and phone number. Then, I never hear back from them again. I followed up twice, still no reply. I guess this is a sign of bad management and disorganization.

Customer Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalara in February 2017.

Interview

Experienced and older sales candidates need not apply. They are looking for young sales people with the appreciation of being able to start the beer 4:30.

Take your talents to a company that appreciates experienced sales professionals. Undoubted like a lot of the tech companies, they will end up with inquires from the EEOC.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC).

Interview

Very quick process. They will call you as soon as you leave the building for a start date. The Team Leader will walk you around the facility very quickly and only introduce you to certain people in the department you will be working in. The main focus was on the beer kegs and the ability to drink on house after hours.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avalara in October 2016.

Interview

It took one day that was phone interview. This is applied through staffing agency. They have asked regarding the process improvement questions and how will you handle the challenging situations.

Interview Questions

• What is the process improvement have been done in previous company   Answer Question

Lead QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone calls (1 from recruiter and 1 from the Dev Manager). Then 1 onsite interview with 5 people, one by one.
    The overall experience was good, there were general QA questions, like when is the testing done?How Agile works?

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Agile, process, my background.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Several rounds of questions covering basics of databases, architecture, web development. One phone round covering the basics, second in person interview with some white boarding and deeper technical questions. No inverting b-trees or that kind of nonsense.