Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

Devops Interview

Interview

2 rounds. 1 with team and another with manager. Initial round was a video interview with the devops team which was around 1 hr. Manager call was less than 10 min. rejected after the manager call.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total process took about 3 weeks. I applied through the career website and received an email from the HR rep. I had two phone interviews, a panel interview and a final video interview with the Director of Sales.

Interview Questions

• Create a 90 day sales plan   Answer Question
    • What are three words yours friends and family would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • How do you overcome objections or when a potential client tells you no?   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First over the phone, then an interview with the team. It seemed really intimidating from the beginning, but everyone was really nice. Wish it would have worked out but I accepted another offer before I heard back.

Fault Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (New York, NY).

Interview

4 Interviews to land to the job. One with HR, one technical and one with the manager. All the interviews were one on one and the duration was at least 1 hour each. The offer in this case included a 4 months training to learn all Avaya technologies so the technical was more to learn your technical level.

Interview Questions

• Main concepts of Routers, switches, media gateways, VPN, etc.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had one call with Recruiter and only 1:1 interview with the hiring manager (which seems to me too short process for a Senior Manager position and didn't give me a good view of the company)

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me to send him an email describing the interview we had, my understanding and repeating the questions and answers.   1 Answer

Remote Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by Avaya, I didn't seek them out. They had three phone interviews with me. One was a preinterview to see if we were a good fit for each other, the second was a technical interview with what would be a senior coworker and the last was with the hiring manager and HR.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a new created job so they took my input on job and we draw out a plan for the job. I liked the Manager at the time. He was a good listener.

Interview Questions

• What would be your escalation path?   1 Answer

Contracting Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and then referred to the hiring manager, then wait for response. I was never contacted back by either the recruiter or the hiring manager. The recruiting firm also was never contacted by any additional parties

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

It takes about one week to arrange the onsite interview. All the interviewers were from South Asian. The whole process took about two hours.The questions were mostly focused on object oriented programming and operating systems. No algorithm problems was asked. They emphasized some kind of detailed programming syntax problems.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process began with sending in my resume to Human resources who did a screening interview. I then received a phone call from the hiring manager within 2 weeks. The last interview was via video with the Director of the deparment.