Avis Budget Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Kahului, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Kahului, HI).

Interview

The manager asked me to sell her something in the room, which was cornyh, to say the least. Then, she went on to talk about her dog for 10 minutes. It was a joke.

Shuttler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Florissant, MO).

Interview

Open interviews went great just wanted to know my availability to work. I waited about a hour but there also were a lot of people waiting to be interviewed. Brought in my printed out resume. Went into interview with another individual. Once interview was completed we both were offered the job. Filled out forms and application same day and was also giving paper to drug test the following week

Interview Questions

• Am I okay with working in multiple weather conditions   1 Answer
    • Am I okay with a set schedule   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online received call from out of state recruiter with a phone interview within 2 hours of applying.The recruiter emailed a call center online assessment same day. After passing that I was asked if I could come to Tulsa office for an informational meeting. See the facility listen in on calls etc. After informational meeting recruiter contacted me and sent another online assessment which I passed. Later that day I was invited in for an interview the following week. The interview was a joke. I met with the CSR manager. She must have had a bad day - asked me 5 pages of "behavior type" questions! I couldn't get this lady off her script it was brutal - she didn't smile at all. I finished the interview and felt good about it and the answers I gave. I sent "thank you for interview" email and waited. Received email next day informing me I wasn't a fit. Disappointed because they offer lots of great benefits and perks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to resolve a conflict...   1 Answer

Sales Performance Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

What an eye opening experience, They have a recruiting company that handled my application. People Scout, after two weeks I got an email from a lady for a time to set up a phone interview. 30 minutes before she emails me says she has a training seminar, I thought no problem lets schedule for another day. We did, I called her at the time and she did not answer, left an email message and another phone call all unanswered. I don't think I want to work for a company that is represented by these folks.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

About 3 days after I sent an application, I got a call to schedule an interview. I arrived 20 minutes early, and the interview started a half hour late. I never got a call or email saying yes or no after that.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Short and straight to the point, took a week at most . Received a call the day after submitting my application, got offered an opportunity to come in for an in person interview, then received a job offer the day after my interview upon completion of a background check and drug test, started the following week

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Ontario, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Email from the company/corporate recruiting sent me to the wrong address so drove to the main rental building then told I needed to go to a 3rd location. Get to actual building and there was no one to talk to except for avery young employee who seemed to be doing new hire on-line training. The young male said both of the managers were out of the office and they shoud be back soon. Finally left after close to 30 minutes of people walking in and out of the office and no one even saying hello or asking what this stranger was doing in the office.

The only contact I had with anyone beyond the kid who said to wait was when I tried to leave and realized the exit was access controlled. At this point I parked and started to walk back to the building when a lady came out asking if I needed help. Told her I didn't know if I needed a code or anything to exit the parking lot and then she stated yes, and moved to let me out of the parking lot. I think I mentioned that I was there for an interview but she didn't seem to care one way or another so not even sure of who she was/what position she was in or if they even knew that someone was there to interview at all

Bad first impression from the Avis/Budget office at the Ontario, CA office. Based on this experience, I would be afraid to see how they treat the paying customer at the airport counter.

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out online application, took online assessment, and then had a phone interview. The online assessment dealt with different customer and salesperson interactions and choosing the best and worst reactions of the salesperson from a given set of reactions. The phone interview was fairly simple and asked the same type of questions you get in a face to face interview.

Decision Science Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2016.

Interview

The first half hour talk with HR. Nothing special. The second half hour talk with VP and manager. They ask a few questions about my resume. At last, they ask my target salary. I tell them I don't have a very clear idea about salary but they still insist asking. I have to give them a range according to my search on Glassdoor. They say it's higher than they expect and end the talk with me immediately. Their attitude make me feel that they are not seriously looking for the proper candidate. Salary is always negotiable but they let it be the excuse to fail me. At the same time, the interview question are very general, not theoretical and professional. I have interviews with other company for similar positions. Their questions are very interesting and challenging. I can tell the gap between them. Overall, this team is not technical as I expect. At least, they don't ask any good question. Moreover, if a company put salary budget as the primary concern, it won't be good.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Idaho Falls, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

Manager just explained the job and set up a phone interview with a different manager. The phone interview was easy, we just walked through a role play of what you will say to customers, and how you will offer them different cars based on information they give you.