Bath & Body Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,137 Interview Reviews

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Broomfield, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview process was fairly painless. It was more like a conversation between friends. Person who interviewed me was very friendly, and very open to answering any questions that I had about company culture, etc. I interviewed first with the District Manager for my particular position, then with the store manager, but I have a feeling that this might not always be the way it works. DM recruited me when I was working for a similar type of store (different company).

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job should pay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. pretty much decided in the interview

Anonymous Employee in Peru, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Peru, IL).

Interview

Applied in person with a resume but still had to fill out an application. Got a call within days. Was interviewed by manager then by another manager from a different store and then a touch base with the DM.

Interview Questions

• HOW would u react to a hostile customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional, interviewer was rude. Didn't feel welcomed when first approached employee by the front door, turns out to be the store manager. Her body chemistry was just awful. Just depends on the type of environment it's in.

Interview Questions

• Name the best and worse qualities about a past employee you've managed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday in September 2015 and got a call that Thursday to come in the next day at 1:39 for my interview. So it took them two days to get right back to me. When I came the managers were nice and welcoming. They told me to hold on because they were waiting for another girl who was going to interview with me. The girl didn't show up in 10 minutes so I did the interview alone. First thing she told me was that she called two of the three references that I added, and they both decribed me as a bubbly, confident person. I agreed. She asked if I were 18 because they would only hire 18 years olds. Then she asked if I had any work experience. Once I told he I worked at Hollister before when I was 17 for about 6 months she wanted to know more about how our stocking system was. Turns out it was very similar to theirs, making me more qualified because I have experience. She also asked me other questions about my experience there. And that was IT!! She didn't drown me with moral questions, or "why should I hire you" questions. Most Bath&Body's don't... The next day (Saturday) she told me I got the job and I would start on Monday at 12:00 p.m.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in June 2013.

Interview

The interviewer brought me into the back room of the store and discussed several things, such as hours needed, specifics of the jobs (it was a stocking job where I would only come in when they had new shipments), and what the training process would be like.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Champaign, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

She sat me down in the back room and asked me questions about my work experience, how I deal with customers, where I see myself in ten years. Did I meet all my goals at my last job.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Bath and Body Works scent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Orange Park, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was small, despite being a group interview. Two out of five showed up to my interview. We were asked to choose a product in our favourite scent beforehand, then were led back into the stock area. The questions were basic. Availability, education, previous work experience, then we were asked what scent and product we chose, and to explain the logic behind the choice. I thought that was fun. After assuring we had gone over everything and answered any questions, we were free to go.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of good customer service you displayed at a previous job?   Answer Question
    • What sort of education did you pursue and why? What did you like/dislike?   Answer Question
    • What is your favourite product/scent in the store? Why?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Simple and not very different from other interview, it was a group interview. Everyone was formally dressed. They asked the usual "Why do you want to work here? How often do you shop here? What's your favorite product?" Nothing crazy. There was no sitting down because the interview was held inside the store before actual business hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (North Charleston, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

Group interview. Very easy! The best interview I ever experience. The mangers and everyone was so nice. Even got a free gift during the interview. The interview only last one hour and we were out of there

Interview Questions

• How would you sale your favorite fragrance?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Providence, RI) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat complex for a part time job, but fairly straightforward. It involved typical questions, with an emphasis on customer service. It also involved a lot of problem solving questions

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you encountered in your last job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question