Bath & Body Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.1

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

It was a group interveiw. But everyone was asked different questions and it was very comfortable. The manager was respectful and made the interview fun. We did not have to sell anything. You just have to prepare and dress professional!!

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for bath and body works?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was done in a group setting and was very uncomfortable. Everyone was asked the same question and was basically trying to one-up the others. They also have you pick your favorite product when you come in for the interview and have you "sell" it to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came in to return a product they had already used?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Wausau, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later and scheduled a interview. The interview was just me and the manager, she was really nice. The interview was about 10 minutes and easy. She read off some store policies and asked if I was okay with them.
    After the interview she said she was doing callbacks at 8:00 pm that night (my interview was at 7:00 pm). I got the call back and accepted the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Basic Star format used for each phase of the interview process. The most important part of the interview process was to ensure you would be a good fit with the team and that you are " coachable."

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Was notified via email that I would have a phone interview the following day. The recruiter called me for the interview, it lasted about 40 minutes. She stressed the urgency of filling the position immediately and that I would get a call back quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Raleigh, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a little intense with the group interview but when it boils down to it you just need to know how to sell a product without being overly pushy.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2017.

Interview

I had a very pleasant interview process. I took just a day or two for the SM to reach out to me after I submitted my application online for an in-person interview, which was scheduled two days afterward. My in-person interview lasted about 45 minutes. Afterward, I had a phone interview with a manager from another store (an hour), and once she passed me on, my final interview was with the regional manager, which was also a phone interview (30 minutes). All three interviews were really relaxed and all of the questions that were asked were important, in regards to the position in which I applied for, many of which were situational questions. It took a week and a half total from submitting my application to receiving a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bath and Body Works?   Answer Question
    • What is a good conversion rate to you and how would you make sure that it's obtainable?   Answer Question
    • How do you go about coaching your team/previous employees (your approach)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Springfield, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was quick and I got called in for an interview the same week and was offered the job on the spot. I think it really depends on who is interviewing you and what your goals for the position are.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escanaba, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Escanaba, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing for a store manager position.

I had an hour long phone interview. The next day, they called back and asked me to travel to an in person interview.

I had been asked to travel 3 hours to my interview, which I had never heard of a company expecting such a thing. I reluctantly agreed because of the opportunity and the pay of the job.

I arrived at my interview and the hiring manager talked badly about the assistant manager for approximately 20 minutes of the interview when I asked why she is not being promoted. We had a good interview. I was very professional and the conversation went smoothly.

I left feeling uneasy after she informed me I would be getting paid salary for 40 hours but being expected to work 50-55 at some weeks. She also told me she wanted to fire everyone at that specific branch and start over.

She told me she would be in contact with me over the next few weeks and should expect an answer within 3 weeks. 3 weeks have passed and I never received an email or phone call thanking me for my time or my travel. Nor did I receive any contact informing me of any decisions made. Very disrespectful and unprofessional.

She ended up hiring the assistant manager and I never heard a thing from the company. Now I'm happy and relieved I didn't begin work for such shady people.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring was easy asked a few questions and that was all. the manager was very friendly and respectful. made the process very at ease. employees are also pleasant as well.