Best Western Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Western (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for Agile Project Manager (CTH position) through recruiting agent. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. I had phone and F2F interview (in Phoenix HQ) within a week.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Scrum and Kanban. Which I would prefer and why?   Answer Question

Landscaper Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Western.

Interview

one on one. pretty straight forward. sat in the restraunt with the head of maintenance and talked for about 30 minutes or so. described all of my various work experience and what i thought i had to offer the place. got a brief tour of the place and a list of expectations. pretty simple interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Western (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Multiple interviews as if one or two couldn't make the decision on their own.

Negotiation

beneficial, They have salary room that they won't tell you about.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Tucson, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was great. Some of the questions were a bit redundant, but they do this to weed out the weak candidates.They made things very easy for me and it wasn't nerve racking like some other interviews I've had in the past. I really enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond for a previous employer?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Canton, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The executive chef called me after I posted an online application and set up an interview. I went in for a one on one interview. He asked me about my resume and told me about the environment/work that would be expected. He answered any questions I had. At the end, he offered me the job, This process took under an hour.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work did you do at (previous cooking-related job)?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Interview

The interview was fairly casual. I went through two interviews and roughly described my work skills and experience. Each interview lasted approximately 20 minutes. Wages were discussed and non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible in your schedule to work any hours needed?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any prior hospitality experience?   Answer Question
    • Are you a team player or better suited at working alone?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any basic computer skills, if so, what are they?   Answer Question
    • Is your long term plan to stay with this industry/company, or is this job mostly intended for gaining entry level experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you are flexible with your schedule and emphasize your flexibility in your application and at the interview. Be confident, well dressed, and convey professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (Lakewood, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

I saw an ad online, my first mistake, for a full time front desk agent at the Best Western Denver Southwest. It was half 2nd shift and half night audit. I submitted my resume and was called by a nice manager. I overlooked the background noise of screaming kids because she was so nice, on the phone at least. We set up a interview for a few days later. I drove the 30 miles to get to the location and was met with the manager and assistant GM. We talked for about 30 minutes. I was asked the usual questions, STAR format. I was told the manager would call either way to let me know. She never called and left me hanging for a week. Very unprofessional by the management at this location.I saw another ad online about a month later which did not surprise me at all.

Anonymous Employee in Blackwell, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Blackwell, OK) in August 2012.

Interview

only had one interview, interview was average. I sat down with the manager, assistant manager, and owner. I felt confiedent in my interview and apperantly they liked me because I got the job and i am still here.

Interview Questions

• are you confident in your work, if you say yes you sound cocky if you say no you sound like you are a poor assest   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Western in April 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application on a Tuesday. One week later at 4pm had interview with GM and Manger in the conference room at the same time. They were very friendly and asked about 5/6 standard interview questions. They called me back later than evening and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you can an angry customer, phones ringing off the hook, and busy lobby?   1 Answer
    • What are TWO weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a low wage. I asked for a dollar more, but then they raised their offered up to their the maximum start rate up 50 cents.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Western in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, about 1 week later I received a call offering an interview opportunity the next day.

I arrived for my interview 10 minutes early. I was seen immediately in a meeting room. It was a fairly straightforward interview, asking about my experience. I volunteered that I am able to multi-task and the manager affirmed that quality was needed. Discussion about the job and pay range was offered ($9-10/hr). Probationary period is 30 days, after which time they offered a $.50/hr increase.

The do explain that the job is related to checking customers in, but you will also be responsible for breakfast cleanup and keeping the laundry going.

I do feel like the manager liked my experience and phone conversation, so the interview was just to make sure I wasn't crazy or a pothead.

Negotiation

I requested a higher pay due to my experience and negotiated a higher rate after the first 30 days.