Best Western Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.0

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

none they didn't do much just asked me a couple of questions and said start tomorrow so i just came in when they told me and had 3 days of training with a housekeeper, then started my own list on the fourth day.

Anonymous Employee in La Pine, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (La Pine, OR).

Interview

It was with the new manager and the regional manager of the company. It went smoothly and was very pleasant. I was very comfortable and was hired on the spot because I represented myself professionally and eloquently. We talked about my past experience and training and what they expect from a new hire. What the culture of the staff and what they were trying to put together as a team. I felt that the management had a great idea of a new staff culture. I was thrilled about being apart of the crew.

Interview Questions

• If I was available to come in on short term notice.   1 Answer
    • How comfortable I was with handling customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, they offered me the job about 45 minutes after my interview.

Breakfast Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Western.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Previous experience in customer service really helped my appeal. Very reasonable and negotiable aspects. Met a higher up the next day for another interview. Asked questions about benefits and was questioned about why I was interested in hotel service.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?   1 Answer

Transport Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lackawanna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Lackawanna, NY).

Interview

Craigslist, $7.50 per hour, no advancement, 3 days a week, overnights 2 and late afternoons one. It was so very basic. Came across hard nosed, and demanding. Almost like a "you need us, we don't need you" attitude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pelham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Pelham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Getting the interview was easy,but in the interview he asked alot of questions and at the end he said I'll get back to you an abruptly stood up.so I'm not sure if that means it went well or not.he was really nice and seems like a good manager,so I hope they call me back.

Interview Questions

• What did I expect from the job? What were my strengths and weaknesses? What kind of hours would be good for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (Spring, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Job duties and expectations were laid out very clearly. Very friendly and open about the position. I was offered the position at the end of the interview and started my first day of training the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have? What hours are you looking for? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

HOUSEMAN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Mesa, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

3 interviews is all it took. When I was contacted. I was sure to be ready with.
    Confident and challenging with tense yet motivational also secure equality . suspenseful doubtful while answering the interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   4 Answers

Houskeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Western (Mesa, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Short but simple I expected more questions not too bad I guess. I applied on Monday and was interviewed a week later .. They postponed interview twice so overall I'm not very happy with the experience I would have like more organized on their part , pay is okay and I haven't token offer I have more job interviews lined upper all experience was good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No there was none

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I sat down with the interviewer and she/he proceeded to question me on my experience and my qualifications of the job I'm applying for..I let the interviewer know how many years experience I have my hours I can work and also my day I'm available....Then she asked my hobbies etc.The interviewer told me my pay rate when time goes in and the day you actually get paid..I also was asked how well do I work with other on a teamwork status.Then proceeded to tell me when I start..

Front Desk Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Newport Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I can't even call this an interview. After reviewing my resume, I had to fill out an application with the same information on my resume and then go over everything on my resume with the manager. It honestly felt like the movie Groundhog Day. The job listing stated the hours were from 7 AM to 3 PM or 3 PM to 11 PM, however, that's just to get you in the door. They are hoping for desperate people because they really only want you to work 11 PM to 7 AM. At any other hotel, you would be paid more for this shift because it requires much more work. They also listed the position as $12-$14 per hour and during the interview I was told it's entry level and the position is $12 per hour and non negotiable. I went back on the website to show the listing and they had already removed it. I could never work for people who lie right from the door but if you plan to, be sure to take a screen shot of the job listing so you'll be paid what they say they're paying.