Best Western Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Western Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Western

2.0

Direct Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted to ask for my availability for a first interview. I provided 3 full days of availability, but they never responded. I followed up the following week and provided an addition 3 full days of availability, but again, they never responded.

They reached out to me, so I would have appreciated the courtesy of a follow up response in any capacity.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Western (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

Brief convo about how the front desk works and putting information in the system. Having me entered into pay toll and visual matrix. I had to do a few online modules that demonstrated the working process

Interview Questions

• What was a hard situation I had to overcome at work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Western (Naples, FL) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was great I was asked situational questions. During the interview my interview asked me to some french because he knew some that was great. The manager gave me a run down on how they ran things and the type of people they want in their company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for our busniess   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (Baltimore, MD) in November 2019.

Interview

Asked typical questions like how do you handle difficult customers. I applied in person and got a call about two weeks later and was asked to come in and I talked with two managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Fraud Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Western (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

HR contacted me to schedule an interview the same day I applied for the role, their hope was to have a 15min interview same day which I was unavailable for due to such short notice but was able to accommodate for the following day. Two hours before the scheduled interview HR informed that after speaking with the department manager they’ve decided to hold off on hiring for this role which I was totally ok with until seeing that they opened it up and posted it to Glassdoor just 8hrs ago. Which leads me to believe they’re behaving in some form of bias and already show they lack truth and transparency.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to interview today though the notification is last minute?   Answer Question

Human Resources/Accounting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Western (Puyallup, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied via a job posting site. I received a response within a week for an interview request. Interview was relaxed, general informational questions. Overall interview lasted 15-20 minutes. I left with a promise to get back to me by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Microsoft suites?   Answer Question
    • What payroll programs do you have experience in?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you broke company policy for the better of the customer and explain why.   Answer Question

Room Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Western (Cedar City, UT) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online but didnt get a response so I walked in and applied. They needed a physical resume copy. And I got called in for an interview a week later.

Anonymous Employee in South Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Western (South Ogden, UT) in July 2019.

Interview

I met with the general manager to go over work experience and qualifications. I was told i would receive a call from them. I was asked to come and meet also with assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work experience do you have that makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Western (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I submitted an application on indeed, they called me back two days later. Went in for an interview that weekend. I was hired 2 hours after the interview. Super simple. Very minimal questions asked, they were more focused that I looked professional and had clear speech.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position   1 Answer

Hotel Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Western (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

The gentleman I interviewed with almost missed my interview. He insisted I had the wrong day even after I told him I have the voicemail confirming it was today. Interview went okay at first, then he revealed the Front Desk position being advertised wasn't really a Front Desk position, it was an everything-position that would have me switching same-day between Front Desk to Housekeeping to Breakfast to Night Audit or wherever I was needed.

He offered me the job during the interview. Pay was $8.00/hour "because that's what your last job started you at" five years ago. I told him I would think about it and would call him on Thursday after work to discuss. He called me early Wednesday morning asking why I haven't called him yet. I didn't take the job. They might have different management by now.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer told me he requires women to wear their hair up while at the front desk and requires women to wear heels because "wearing heels gives them confidence."   1 Answer