Best Western Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Western Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.0

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Western.

Interview

I received a call 2 days after submitting my resume. Set up an interview for the following week. The assistant manager was more interested in telling me what he had done for the hotel verus what I could bring to the job. The hotel is franchised owned. The owner only own 1 hotel so there are no benefits at this time.

Interview Questions

• The only question that he asked was if I had reliable transportation. I had to slip my skills into the conversation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Western (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was brief. Questions not reply applicable to the job, only things like transportation, availability. Not interested in past relevant experience or job skills. I felt like a warm body, not a valuable asset.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Western (Marlborough, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

It went very smooth, I was told in detail what the company values most which is customer service, and effective employee training, The job was described in a way that I would understand it comfortably and accurately. I felt the interview went very well and I did not feel pressured or felt like I was "put on the spot" when asked questions,

Interview Questions

• Availability. If I was not available for weekend shifts, this wasn't the job for me.   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

none they didn't do much just asked me a couple of questions and said start tomorrow so i just came in when they told me and had 3 days of training with a housekeeper, then started my own list on the fourth day.

Anonymous Employee in La Pine, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (La Pine, OR).

Interview

It was with the new manager and the regional manager of the company. It went smoothly and was very pleasant. I was very comfortable and was hired on the spot because I represented myself professionally and eloquently. We talked about my past experience and training and what they expect from a new hire. What the culture of the staff and what they were trying to put together as a team. I felt that the management had a great idea of a new staff culture. I was thrilled about being apart of the crew.

Interview Questions

• If I was available to come in on short term notice.   1 Answer
    • How comfortable I was with handling customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, they offered me the job about 45 minutes after my interview.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Western.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Previous experience in customer service really helped my appeal. Very reasonable and negotiable aspects. Met a higher up the next day for another interview. Asked questions about benefits and was questioned about why I was interested in hotel service.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?   1 Answer

Transport Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lackawanna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Lackawanna, NY).

Interview

Craigslist, $7.50 per hour, no advancement, 3 days a week, overnights 2 and late afternoons one. It was so very basic. Came across hard nosed, and demanding. Almost like a "you need us, we don't need you" attitude.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Western (Bradenton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out application / Spoke with General Manager on site. Was called later in the day and offered the position, accepted and began work the next day. Great staff and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pelham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Western (Pelham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Getting the interview was easy,but in the interview he asked alot of questions and at the end he said I'll get back to you an abruptly stood up.so I'm not sure if that means it went well or not.he was really nice and seems like a good manager,so I hope they call me back.

Interview Questions

• What did I expect from the job? What were my strengths and weaknesses? What kind of hours would be good for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Western (Spring, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Job duties and expectations were laid out very clearly. Very friendly and open about the position. I was offered the position at the end of the interview and started my first day of training the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have? What hours are you looking for? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question