CGI Application Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I had my first round on campus, 30 minutes. All general behavior questions. Asked about previous projects, nothing special.
After that, I was invited for onsite interview. There were three rounds
1) CGI Fit, 2) Behavior, 3) Technical

Interview Questions

• In behavior and Fit, general questions were asked. The interviewer gives you a hypothetical situation with the client and tries to make it worst. They just chek how do you communicate and respond under stressful conditions.

For Technical, the interview was weird. The person started asking about my previous project, and all of a sudden started asking the question about how do you make money off this project. It looked like instead of a technical interview it was a business interview. The question he asked were not at all technical in nature.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Troy, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through schools job fair. Got an behavioral interview the next day. And got notice on an onsite about 3 weeks later. During the onsite interview, we first had presentation about its benefits and training program, then had lunch with some workers there, in the afternoon had 3 one to one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Fibanacci. basic SQL. and a lot of basic java questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Troy, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for an entry level Application Developer position at CGI. The interview process was pretty straight forward. I received a follow up email after speaking with them at a career fair, which asked me to fill out a few basic questions (basically whats on your resume). After that I had a phone interview that lasted approximately 15 minutes. They asked me a few questions about how I dealt with hardships and difficulties in work situations etc. At the end of the phone call I was asked to come to an onside interview. At this interview, I met with two different interviewers. The first asked me more technical questions about what I knew and explained what kind of technical projects the company worked on. The second interviewer asked me more functional questions such as have I had experience with Q/A and documentation along with more questions of past working experiences. After this, I met back with my recruiter and filled out some paperwork before leaving. Overall pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• The technical question was to write a code to print a Fibonacci series. Other questions were about past experiences and pretty easy.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Applied through my university and I had an interview on campus. Most of the questions were behavioral, but I was also asked about my experience and knowledge. A week or so later I was invited to interview at their offices. I had one interview and most of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years? For example, goals or expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Troy, AL) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at my University's career fair. They scheduled me for an interview on campus the following day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was mostly focused on behavioral questions and my past experiences. I got invited for an onsite interview in Troy, AL a few weeks later. This stage consisted of two separate interviews with the first one focusing on my resume and education experiences in detail with a few questions about the software development process. The second interview was a technical interview with questions focused on my programming experiences and specific programming concepts. The interviewer planned on having me code on the whiteboard but we ran out of time. A few days later I received an offer for a full time position. At the time of writing this I have neither accepted or declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between object-oriented programming languages (Java, C#, etc.) and procedural programming languages (C, etc.).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Got interview opportunity through university's career services resource. Went through three separate one-to-one onsite interviews. The interviews were separated based on behavioral, analytical and technical subjects. The behavioral interview was straightforward as they asked about your resume and past projects and obstacles. The technical interview requires you to write a code (in any language) on the whiteboard and basic OOP knowledge. The analytical section asks you to solve logical reasoning questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a method calculating the sum of an array using recursion.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI in November 2014.

Interview

I approached them at my University and they offered me an interview at one of their offices. The trip was paid for by them and there I was interviewed by three different people. One interviewer was an older guy who had lots of experience as a software developer. Another was a manager and the last guy was a younger technical guy.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI in October 2014.

Interview

Started out with recruitment on the college campus. Then a follow-up interview on the phone after submission of my resume. Then a corporate presentation on the company. Broke up into three one-on-one interviews. Had lunch while talking with recent recruits about company culture. Finished with another presentation on benefits of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Nothing overly difficult or unexpected. Just the basic questions such as where you see yourself in five years, what kind of impact do you think you will have on the company, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA).

Interview

The recruited through campus recruiting. First had a screening interview on campus and was invited for on site interviews thereafter. The dinner the night before my actual on site interviews served as a confidence booster for my actual interviews. The employees I met were very help in explaining the interview process.

I had 3 interviews, 1 technical, 1 behavioral and I'm not sure what to call the last one but I only had one question that was kind of like a puzzle. The technical interview was not that difficult. It was a short 5 questions on OOP/Java/SQL and then a white board question where I was asked to implement a function that computes the factorial of a number.

You get a tour of their offices. Form my perception of the people, I'll say they have a very good work/life balance and most of the employees seem very happy to be working there.

I got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function that compute factorial of a number. -- This is not difficult but I'm required to fill this out so   Answer Question

Salary is below industry average but this is expected given the location of their campuses.

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

First I emailed the college recruiter and set up a time to interview on-campus. Then at the interview they asked behavioral type questions. After this they contacted me to attend an onsite interview where they had a general presentation by the Lead Manager of the Commercial side of CGI, followed by a group presentation by HR going over benefits. Then we had an open panel interview with other employees of CGI where we could ask any questions of the employees to get an inside perspective. Then the afternoon was three 1:1 interviews consisting of behavioral questions for two of them, and then a skills test. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were mostly relaxed. There were 20+ people interviewing at the same time I was. Everyone was very nice and CGI treated us very well with lunch and dinner.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had delegating work, and how did they turn out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just know that since this is an "offshore" employment site that the pay is a little lower, but the location is a very low cost so the pay difference balances out.