CGI Programmer/Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGI Programmer/Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2016

2.8

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I applied online at CGI careers page. Process took 4 weeks. Initial phone screening. First round of interviews consisted of 2 phone interviews (technical and behavioral). Second round was face to face interview on site with panel. All of the interviews were easy.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Was called quite a while after applying and asked to come in for an interview. It was very lengthy overall, about 2 hours, and I interviewed separately with 3 people from different departments. The interviewers were all very nice. I was asked about my experience and some normal interview questions, I was also asked some kind of puzzle or riddle questions, such as one with two rooms and how to figure out which light switch turned on which light without seeing into the other room. I thought it went well but I was not offered the position.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

One interview at my college asking some behavior question. Then, a on-site interview with two employee asking some basic technical question and behavior question. It really depends on your luck if you get a strict or easy-going interviewer. Each interview lasts around 30 minutes. Be prepare to answer question about your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI (Sacramento, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was very informal and approachable. I arrived on the job site and sat down with one of the senior developers. We talked about my portfolio and the things I had developed then he asked me the standard interview questions. This was repeated with an additional senior developer and then with the Project Manager for the team I was going to join.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I met with 3 individuals; one would be my eventual team lead, one was the manager who oversaw the team, and one was another manager who was in another department. The interview was very laid back and casual. They went through my resume, asked why I wanted to be part of the team, and asked if I had any questions. It was pretty generic and there were no extremely tough questions. It seemed more of a personality check than anything.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you solved a problem in your previous experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Raleigh, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online and had three phone interviews. Two were HR type interviews and a third phone interview was technical. They brought me in for three one on one interviews. Two of the interviews were done by technical leads, and a third interview was done by the functional lead. It was a pleasant experience, and it looked like an excellent place to work.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI in January 2007.

Interview

The interview was very good. Based on the questions, I was very happy yo join the company. But the only thing nice about CGI is their interviews. The jobs are crappy. just basic jobs. they can hire a fresh high school graduate for these jobs.
    They asked a couple of database questions, Java questions, OOP questions, CS fundamentals etc

Interview Questions

• How do you code for a database transaction to satisfy the ACID Properties   Answer Question

Negotiation

they asked me what was my previous salary and gave exactly $1 more /hr. The only reason I joined is, because of the interview , which seemed to be very good, expected the same about the company. Should have researched in Glass Door first.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Interview

There is 3 interviews one with a prysco test, a second with a technical and at the end one with the RH

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No nego

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI (Prague (Czech Republic)) in April 2012.

Interview

2 rounds, 1st with HR person and 2nd with manager, all the same day. The interview went very smoothly. No case studies and such. Get ready for usual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Where you want to be in 5 years time?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Skype interview from Toronto

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You cannot really negociate