CarMax Inventory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Inventory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.8

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax in November 2016.

Interview

had me fill out background check papers then had 2 interview sessions all for them to tell me they decided to go with other candidates..why have me sign background papers with my ss number? waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took a week from applying online to actually working. I called the dealership, gained a phone interview, next day they called and gave me an in person interview. Met with the resource training manager, and answered many questions on the computer. Then met with the two people interviewing me, the Inventory Manager and Department Supervisor. Each of them asking questions about past work experiences and how I handled them. Afterwards sat in the waiting area, while the manager and supervisor reviewed my interview. Minutes later got called back into the office and was offered the job. Then went back to the Resource Training Manager, filled employment papers and did a mouth swab drug test as well as forms for a background check. Great people, and great place. Along with many opportunities if you were to stay.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult situation, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Applied on a Monday received a call on Wednesday from one of the managers telling me they would like to interview. I interviewed that following week on Thursday I interviewed with 2 people that day and after the interviews they said they'd call me back within 5 days. As I get home that same I get a call saying they would like to do one more interview with the operations manager. The next day I come in he asks me about 3 interview questions and then offers me the position and that followed with the urine test.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Carmax?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • If I call your manager at your previous jobs would he describe you as reliable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just come prepared to answer the questions, study a bit about the company just to be safe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews when meeting with the CarMax Associates. I first met with a woman who put me through about 3 or 4 questions. After that interview was complete, I sat in the waiting area for about 10 minutes. I've then met with a second manager who again interviewed me with three or four questions. At the end of the second interview I was told that I was pretty much overqualified for the position and that I would be better for a sales position. She then introduced me to the sales manager. After talking to him briefly I was informed that there are no sales positions open.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Winston-Salem, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

It started with a comprehensive online application. 2 days later I received a phone call from the service manager and we briefly discussed the position (which was considered entry level, and part time). He stated that he would have someone call back and schedule a face to face interview. I set the interview up for the next day.

When I arrived, the manager was in a meeting. So after wait a few minutes, he came and greeted me and said that I would be taken to a computer to complete a pre-interview online application. It was mainly backround information (some specific criminal backround questions, and some moral scenario ones as well). It also wanted you to list your last 7 years of residences. Once that was done, I was interviewed by another employee who asked questions that inquired how you have handled various work related situations. When that was done, the service manager came back. We chatted for a minute and he inquired about my work history (I had been a master technician for many years with one brand of cars, and he seemed interested in why I was stepping down to an entry level position. I explained it was due to me being a full time college students) He then quickly ended the interview and stated that they would get back to me within 5-7 days.

The next day I received an email (from an automated carmax account, nor the manager) stating that my backround was notable, they decided not to pursue hiring me.

I'm disappointed because it seems like a good company and I was looking forward to the environment. I plan on contacting the manager to see if they can discuss what made them decide to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time were you made a mistake at work. How did you handle it? And what actions did you take to prevent it from happening again.   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Interview

They called me 3 hours after I submitted my resume, I came in on a wednesday, waited around for about 30 minutes then started the interview but kept getting interrupted by employees

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax in November 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview prior to a face to face interview. Arrived at Carmax, Had to answer a couple questions on a computer. Interviewed with 3 different managers, waited about 10-15 mins inbetween interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me about a time you had to multi-task during peak hours?
      Q2: Tell me about a time when you showed leadership skills?
      Q3: Tell me about a time when you took it upon yourself to learn something new?
      Q4: Tell me about a time when you were a frustrated with a customer? and what was the outcome?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

i Waited a very long time to speak to three or four managers. Each manager derived a pre scripted list of questions that were used to see how well you think off your feet. Annoyed by how petty some of the questions are but if you battle through it, you should get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when questions.   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Applied online. Was called for phone interview, then had an additional three interviews at the carmax location around 9am with several hiring managers. They ask pre screen questions during the phone interview and ask almost the same exact questions at the location which seems strange.

Interview Questions

• Basic things like why do you want to work here and what would a former supervisor say about you if we called them. The interview process is way too long for no more than they are offering for this position ($9.50 and $10.50 for second shift). I was declined the job by email and didn't even receive a phone call so that should tell you what to expect if you do get hired here so best of luck. The job was described as nothing short of hectic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Tinley Park, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Wasted a lot of time. Entire process took probably 3 or 4 weeks. Phone interview followed by in-person interview and then another in-person interview with a drug test. Pretty straight forward and pretty simple. Nothing out of the ordinary. As long as you know how to talk, can explain ideas, and seem enthusiastic you should be good. Mind-numbingly simple and boring job.

Interview Questions

• -Name a time when you had to complete more than one task in a given deadline
      -Name a time when you improved or made a process at a job more efficient
      -Name a time when you didn't agree with a policy or process at your job and what did you do about it
      Answer Question