CarMax Inventory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Inventory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Talked about previous job experience and a lot of how have you dealt in the past? type questions interview was from 2-4 pm. I got the job the same day after a phone interview the previous day.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a hard decision at work the past year?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax in November 2016.

Interview

had me fill out background check papers then had 2 interview sessions all for them to tell me they decided to go with other candidates..why have me sign background papers with my ss number? waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took a week from applying online to actually working. I called the dealership, gained a phone interview, next day they called and gave me an in person interview. Met with the resource training manager, and answered many questions on the computer. Then met with the two people interviewing me, the Inventory Manager and Department Supervisor. Each of them asking questions about past work experiences and how I handled them. Afterwards sat in the waiting area, while the manager and supervisor reviewed my interview. Minutes later got called back into the office and was offered the job. Then went back to the Resource Training Manager, filled employment papers and did a mouth swab drug test as well as forms for a background check. Great people, and great place. Along with many opportunities if you were to stay.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult situation, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CarMax (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Got a email telling me I was going to get a call. Received called scheduled a in store appointment. Was interviewed by two managers they were very nice, polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to use your decision making and a quick and rapid time to get the job done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Applied on a Monday received a call on Wednesday from one of the managers telling me they would like to interview. I interviewed that following week on Thursday I interviewed with 2 people that day and after the interviews they said they'd call me back within 5 days. As I get home that same I get a call saying they would like to do one more interview with the operations manager. The next day I come in he asks me about 3 interview questions and then offers me the position and that followed with the urine test.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Carmax?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • If I call your manager at your previous jobs would he describe you as reliable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just come prepared to answer the questions, study a bit about the company just to be safe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews when meeting with the CarMax Associates. I first met with a woman who put me through about 3 or 4 questions. After that interview was complete, I sat in the waiting area for about 10 minutes. I've then met with a second manager who again interviewed me with three or four questions. At the end of the second interview I was told that I was pretty much overqualified for the position and that I would be better for a sales position. She then introduced me to the sales manager. After talking to him briefly I was informed that there are no sales positions open.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Winston-Salem, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

It started with a comprehensive online application. 2 days later I received a phone call from the service manager and we briefly discussed the position (which was considered entry level, and part time). He stated that he would have someone call back and schedule a face to face interview. I set the interview up for the next day.

When I arrived, the manager was in a meeting. So after wait a few minutes, he came and greeted me and said that I would be taken to a computer to complete a pre-interview online application. It was mainly backround information (some specific criminal backround questions, and some moral scenario ones as well). It also wanted you to list your last 7 years of residences. Once that was done, I was interviewed by another employee who asked questions that inquired how you have handled various work related situations. When that was done, the service manager came back. We chatted for a minute and he inquired about my work history (I had been a master technician for many years with one brand of cars, and he seemed interested in why I was stepping down to an entry level position. I explained it was due to me being a full time college students) He then quickly ended the interview and stated that they would get back to me within 5-7 days.

The next day I received an email (from an automated carmax account, nor the manager) stating that my backround was notable, they decided not to pursue hiring me.

I'm disappointed because it seems like a good company and I was looking forward to the environment. I plan on contacting the manager to see if they can discuss what made them decide to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time were you made a mistake at work. How did you handle it? And what actions did you take to prevent it from happening again.   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Interview

They called me 3 hours after I submitted my resume, I came in on a wednesday, waited around for about 30 minutes then started the interview but kept getting interrupted by employees

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax in November 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview prior to a face to face interview. Arrived at Carmax, Had to answer a couple questions on a computer. Interviewed with 3 different managers, waited about 10-15 mins inbetween interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me about a time you had to multi-task during peak hours?
      Q2: Tell me about a time when you showed leadership skills?
      Q3: Tell me about a time when you took it upon yourself to learn something new?
      Q4: Tell me about a time when you were a frustrated with a customer? and what was the outcome?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

i Waited a very long time to speak to three or four managers. Each manager derived a pre scripted list of questions that were used to see how well you think off your feet. Annoyed by how petty some of the questions are but if you battle through it, you should get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when questions.   1 Answer