CarMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CarMax

1,123 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarMax in August 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy. You will know right then and there if you do get hired. They usually want you to start right away. If you have ever served in the military you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Everything that the star method ask is what they say you nothing complicated   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Quick, Fast Paced. The hiring manager was very nice and sped the process along. The interview was in phases and I think that made the process go by a little faster than in other interviews that I have sattensgjuadfgihbng

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

I originally met with a recruiter in-person at a career fair and applied online shortly afterwards. The recruiter set me up with an interview just to discuss the company and get to know me. Then I had an additional phonecall interview with a technology manager with some low-level tech and behavioral questions. I was then invited to an on-campus interview where I had a technical interview and behavioral interview.

Business Analyst Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

I applied through my university careers website. The first round was a phone screen and the final round was an in-person super day in their Richmond, VA office. The process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a company other than CarMax and explain what makes them successful.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

Casual phone conversation, a few typical questions about agile, software development, etc. I felt comfortable during the phone call, there were two people on the call interviewing me at once.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in March 2020.

Interview

Had to take two assessments beforehand, met with recruiter, then a case interview with a member of the hiring team. Assessments were long and tedious, the interpretation/visualization one was difficult, math was timed and it's designed for you to not be able to finish. Recruiter was a basic interview/screen. Case (details included below) was rather difficult if you haven't done that type of math in years.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

I applied and did not hear back for several months. The process began pretty basic with an initial phone screening to review cover letters and qualifications. I was contacted and scheduled an interview. When I arrived for the interview I contacted the manager assistant and I interviewed with two buyers. I then had another interview with a senior manager and the original two. After the interviews, I was asked to take a skills test on a computer with everything from math questions, scheduling abilities, and word comprehension. I was also asked to take a urine test at some point, either after or before the computer test. Overall, this process took about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you empowered someone to complete a task and what was the outcome * They asked a lot of leadership-related questions*   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Phone interviews both times the job was posted inaccurately as I was seeking a full time job and they were both part time listed as full. The manager was very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• What makes you fit for the job   1 Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Brought in for an onsite interview and talked to three managers. Rotate with different types of interviews for an hour each. Then another hour where you do a statistical case study. None of it particularly hard.

Interview Questions

• Have a case interview building a car pricing recommender. Also, you have a basic behavioral interview and stats based interviews. None of it was particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

30 minutes process super easy with generic interview questions. Good pay througjout training and after you get hired the require a drug test. Spit test. It was a good interview process and it was very easy to understand.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2020.

Interview

Hard online test with only 25 minutes. They had various questions about pricing and currency rates. Was not a fan of this because the software seemed out of date and the case study pictures very small and hard to read. Had to guess on a couple questions at the end. These are set up to trick you.