CarMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax (Puyallup, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online which took about an hour, includes a personality quiz. The next day I received a call from the office requesting to set up an interview. Called back and was offered an interview within the next two days. Interview started 15 minutes late due to MOD being busy.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as "Describe a time in which you had to make a sale to a client, describe how you made the sale and what challenges you faced."   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

First started with a phone call with a recruiter and then with a director. I was told I'd be contacted to be brought in for an in person interview but have yet to hear back. I've tried contacting the recruiter through both phone and email and I'm getting no response

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillside, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Hillside, IL).

Interview

Honestly, there were a lot of pointless questions about gaps in work history. Why do you need to know why I wasn´t working between high school and college......10 years ago???? Um, maybe because I was 18 years old and focused on getting into.....COLLEGE. Didn´t really feel like the interview process was personable. Very scripted, in fact, he had a script infront of him as he interviewed me lol

Interview Questions

• Why was there a gap in employment between x year and y year?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Submitted an application through my college career center, and through the CarMax website. I was then invited to participate in the online numerical assessment. It was awful. They give you a practice assessment that has no time limit and can be completed at any time, but it is very short. It also had absolutely nothing similar to what was actually on the real assessment. I have no doubt that I unfortunately did not pass.

Interview Questions

• If the production of A company was 1.5 times the production of B company, what is the Gross Sales Margin (sales - production) of B company?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

After submitting my application, I had to complete an online assessment focused on math and logic. Then had an hour long phone interview that included a long case study. The phone interview was somewhat difficult because the vase study prompt is read yo you and you do not have access to a physical copy if the case to read

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview was short but very detailed. They are through and give you the option to ask questions as well. I was also informed of the standing of the company which I liked as well.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work different shifts and every other Saturday   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

The first round is a relatively easy online math exam. Get a calculator and pen paper ready. Second round is a phone interview started off with 2 case questions, then a few behavioral questions which lasted about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Applied to the position online, received a phone call to schedule a quick phone interview. Then received a call back for an in-person interview. The interview was not a long process and I spoke with two different managers filled out paperwork and was offered a position on the spot.

Business Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CarMax (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

They called really fast to set up interview. However, they basically said I had the job and that they would call back to give an official offer then never called at all, even to say I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a phone interview. Passed that and scheduled an interview for the following week if I recall correctly. From that interview I was told I would hear back by Monday. Called Tuesday and I understood since it's tax refund time and was told to come in for the next steps. Was offered the position as soon as I sat down with the Business Office Manager.

Business Analyst Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Had to jump through a few dozen hoops, a phone interview, 3 behavioral interviews total, 2 IQ tests and 2 case studies. I got every question right on the case studies and 1 of the IQ tests, all but 1 right on the 2nd one.

An absolute time waster, I feel like they never had any intention of hiring most of the people they brought in. They keep telling you about how great their company is, how great the program is, and how awesome the employees are, give tours of the site, etc, but clearly don't have intentions of hiring people. I would not recommend giving them your time.

Oh yeah, and my first interview was delayed because the analyst was late to work.

Interview Questions

• Develop a credit risk algorithm to sorts a list of loan applicants in 7 minutes.   Answer Question