CarMax Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,272 of over 1.3K interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

CarMax

Application

I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

I received a text about a job position I had applied for. I was told to fill out an application and I would be called back for an interview. I filled out the information, then got an email like 3 days later. The email stated to contact CarMax, but didn’t send any contact information at all. I posted on their FB page and got a response to contact someone on email. I sent a reply to that department and called the person who originally sent me a text. The person I called acted confused and I couldn’t understand them. I then get an email like a week later saying I wasn’t picked for the position. Don’t lie to people and say you want to do an interview and then say oh never mind we don’t want you. The process is obviously scattered and there’s no direct line of communication. It’s companies like this that make people not want to apply for jobs. I recommend staying away from this company.

Interview Questions
  • None, I was lied to about the interview
    Answer Question

CarMax

Application

I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

Show them how you would sell a car. Be persuasive and provide some knowledge of the car. Have a lot of excitement about the product and company. Overall, have a great attitude and enjoy learning about cars and sales!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CarMax

Application

I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

They call you to do an interview, once they day of the interview comes around they have you wait for the manager to interview. It took a while for the manager to finally come out, at that time I just observed the area. Then the manager interviews you and has you watch a video.

Interview Questions
  • They gave you real world scenarios and you have to try to pitch a car to them

CarMax

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

very quick straightforward standard questions. Experiences, strengths and weakness, best and worst characteristics, how would previous employers describe you and given a brief overview of the position and how to transition from part time to full time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CarMax

Application

I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

Quick and simple interview, with an assessment at the end to determine sales experience. Interviewed by multiple managers and asked to participate in a role play in which you sell the car of your choice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CarMax

Application

I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

Not too bad. Dress professional. Stay calm. Look up the STAR interview method. Most questions will come from that. Think of experiences you have had that will make good stories.

Interview Questions
  • Look up the STAR method. Most questions will come from that. Prepare experiences to draw from.

CarMax

Application

I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

Very professional interview and received a call after my application the day after I applied. The interaction was seamless and it was a quick response from their hiring team. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CarMax

Application

I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

It was an interview I received by applying through my school job board and then completing an online assessment at a time of my choosing. I was contacted at a reasonable time after completing the assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Initial call with recruiter, case interview, then panel of interviews including case studies and behavioral questions. Turnaround was quick, just a couple weeks from beginning to end, but a bit odd that they cancelled the afternoon calls after the first three panel calls. Thought they went fine but I guess they felt differently. No feedback on why they rejected me, would have been a positive experience otherwise

Interview Questions
  • Different cost benefit type assessments. Determine which option is better, how to probabilistically determine best choice
1 person found this interview helpful

CarMax

Application

I interviewed at CarMax

Interview

The interview process included three interviews: screening, Human Resources, and then hiring manager. The questions from the screening and Human Resources were pretty general. The hiring manager had more specific questions that started with "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you challenge a coworker or had to address a problem with a coworker.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,272 Interviews