Charles River Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Interviews at Charles River Development

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a bit over the place. On the day of the onsite interview, they did not have a room I could interview in and they had me moving all around the office. However, interviewers were good.

They called me the next week and extended me the offer. Two weeks after that, they just called and withdrew the offer which was extremely surprising. The reason given me to was that they had found someone else.

They are a mid sized company but behaved in an extremely unprofessional and an unethical manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

First phone interview. Then on site. 4 interviews, 1 analytic test and 1 writing test.
    HR was efficient and friendly, the interviews were arranged in an effective and convenient form. The interviews were conducted in a casual manner, which were mixed with technical and behavioral questions. The interviewers are nice but a bit unprofessional. Just one of them remembered to bring a business card.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Went through the resume and asked detailed questions, and ask what questions I wanted to ask ; Describe your first internship experience; your experience with database; how do you use SQL to process data

Interview Questions

• Describe your first internship experience; your experience with database; how do you use SQL to process data   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles River Development in May 2018.

Interview

Pathetic process. Got a mail from an HR for a 30min technical screening round. She was literally reading questions out of a sheet. Some answers were subjective and I have no idea how she would have understood my technical answers.
    She later on asked if I have C experience, I said I have worked in C++, not C per se. But after the interview I opened the job description again, and realized she was asking for C#.
     Terrible terrible process. Glad didnt get any further calls.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

Interview

I reached the recruiter in CRD, and she matched me between teams. I got a phone screen with the team leader and we talked a lot about my previous experience. Then the leader asked me questions in the middle about the knowledge I used.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

I contacted a corporate recruiter at CRD through LinkedIn. After the initial conversation she was able to quickly set up a phone screening with a software engineer the group I was applying to. The phone screening questions were tough but relevant to the job description.

After the phone screening CRD set up an interview in their offices with several other software engineers and managers. A lot of technical (software related) and a few statistics questions. Logical reasoning test at the end. All of the people I interacted with (HR, engineers, managers) were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

My company went out of business very suddenly and I panicked a bit and submitted my resume to way too many companies. At some point had three offers. Decided to choose another company based on my long term career goals and skill set being better aligned with the other position but CRD's offer and benefits were very competitive. Would definitely consider the company in my next job search.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Spoke to them at a campus event. They got back to me within a few days of speaking to them. Interview process was of one on campus interview at their headquarters. About a 2-3 hour long process, but fairly straight forward. Data structures, algorithms, linked lists were some of the topics. Also spend a portion going over my resume. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The worst interview experience I had in my life. I am a student at a liberal arts college, and I talked to the recruiter at a career fair at a state university within the consortium. The recruiter took a look at my resume, took it back and emailed me the next day asking me if I can do an onsite interview and I said yes. And the next day she called me and asked if I have ever taken a class outside of my college, so I told her my study abroad experience and she said she would send me a confirmation letter very soon. I waited till the day before my onsite interview to get her reply as:" Our intern program primarily focuses on top 100 computer science schools... After discussing with our director of engineering we will be unable to continue the interview process with you." I felt terrible about myself after getting this email because I had to stay up for several days so that I could get my things done to commute to the company the next day. My school has a growing computer science department, it is small but people here are smart and they get into really awesome big tech companies. I would have been very depressed if I did not get accepted by a big company on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First had a call with HR for profile overview. Second was telephonic round. Clearing the telephonic round I was called in for the onsite interview. It was a whole day interview. 5 different person took 5 round, followed by the quantitative test and writing exercise. After few days I received an email from HR saying that I have been selected and they would like to make an offer to me. They took all my visa related details along with the professional references and package discussion. After one week they told me senior management declined to give final sign off on the offer. I felt like my whole effort was wasted. This was very disappointing. This was personally very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Database : portfolio of one person is to be modelled on another model person's portfolio.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with HR after which I was sent a coding challenge to solve. After solving the test, the development team took about 3 days to review it and then I got an email from HR that they are moving forward with my application and wanted to setup a technical phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled to be 30minutes long. But it was the worst experience I've ever had with an interviewer. He asked me why I'm looking for a new opportunity. When I explained him that I wanted to grow as a Java developer and my previous employer didn't have any Java work. He was just disappointed by that answer(I was like isn't this role about Java programming?). After that it was basically me listening him for the next 5 minutes on how I made a bad decision and telling me that I shouldn't prefer just one technology. I'm a developer and I think I have every right to chose which technology stack I want to work with. After that, he asked me two questions related to Java version changes. There were no data structure questions, no algorithms, no live coding. Two questions and 15minutes later he decides to end the interview. A day later, I get an email that they will not be moving forward with my application. One of my friend who was also interviewed by the same person had a similar experience and I feel the company should do something about this to provide a better experience for future candidates.