Charles River Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

phone screening with recruiter, and then meeting with 4 engineers. The whole process took a little bit over a week. There was also a logic test at the end, where you had 20 minutes to answer logic questions.

Interview Questions

• theoretical questions, mainly focusing on Object Oriented conecepts   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Development in October 2017.

Interview

Met representatives at the university career fair. A few weeks later they got back to me and scheduled a phone screening. Shortly after that they invited me for an on sight interview.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The first round was fairly straightforward It was on campus and I was invited to a superday right at the end of the interview. They asked me behavioral questions regarding why I chose to come to Cornell and what I know about the company.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through campus informational session, got a phone interview few weeks after. I thought I nailed the questions, but then I got rejected. The HR is very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• Mostly are about the most basic concept of derivatives.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

1 HR phone call , in person interview with 4 people and an analytical test . In person and HR interview questions were fair, quite standard and everyone I met was courteous and professional. "Analytical " test was strange unless you are in agriculture field... (see below) or solve puzzles for living.

Interview Questions

• Analytical test example: you have 10 birds ( m, n, k....) of 3 kinds: peacock, hummingbird and sparrow , females and males and only pairs of the same kind but different sex can be exhibited together and two pairs are exhibited at the time... the rest goes to two cages ( cage 1 and cage 2) and bird x can't be with bird k and j in the same box. two males of the same kind cannot be in the same box either. and if H is exhibited then s has to be caged but can't be caged together with either x or s. What statement is true: bird k is in cage 1 while mn are displayed and bird h is cage 2...   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

first round is a phone interview held by HR, all technical questions such as what is swap, bond duration, convexity. 3 interviews with managers of different groups, 1 analytical test and 1 essay.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. some projects related to this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Except for the analytics test everything went pretty good. They explain more about their company and the job. First round is a behavioural phone call and second round is a technical phone screening and third round is on site.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in a college fair and did a phone interview. The process took about 1-2 weeks. Simple questions about java and how java works. The interviewer was kinda cold, but very polite. I answered most of the questions, but didn't get an offer

Interview Questions

• Basic question about Java, such as hashset(), treeset(), and java Library   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone screen of Java and SQL questions, followed by an in person interview in 4 sections, mostly technical. There was a section of logical questions called an analytical test, but the other 3 sections were mainly basic algorithm questions, nothing too bad. The staff was very friendly and I felt I did well, but unfortunately didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence as a character array, reverse the order of the words in the sentence.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

20 - 30 minute phone screening. Mostly technical questions about java, sql and describing your resume. One behavioral question.
    It is important to know the most basic on concepts and data structures such as trees and maps.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?
      What are the primitive data types in java?   Answer Question