Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017
1,031 Interview Reviews

2.5

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
      o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
      o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
      o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
      o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
      o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
      o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
      o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
      o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
      o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
      o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
      o How do you define great customer service?
      o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
      o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
      o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
      o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
      o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
      o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
      o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
      o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
      o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
      o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
      o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
      o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
      o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
      o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
      o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
      o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
      o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
      o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
      o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
      o Describe how you manage your time.
      o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
      o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
      o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
      o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.   3 Answers

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

The review didn't take long at all, maybe 15 minutes? The overall process went smoothly. No out of the box questions--they were contained in a pretty typical format. There was also a trainee in the room.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time there was a conflict working in a team environment, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Receiving Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and simple. My interviewers where easy to talk to and everything went smoothly. You do have to pull your car into the truck area which makes you a little nervous, but they just pass you through and direct you where to go.

Tire Technician Interview

Interview

And worked for aluminum products and I build the gas station in St George's Utah and then one in California and then I got laid off because I'm one of the newer guy WorkSource this pain for me to get my certifications and Welding but I was talking to my doctor and he told me to apply actually at Costco so here I am I mean either as a tire technician or a cashier either way I'm going to give you 120% every day

Interview Questions

• just working it Aluminum Products since we build all the Costco gas stations Nationwide does does that help my position at all to get in with you guys   Answer Question
    • and then what's the pay like for a tire technician and the Casher I mean if I get this job in here like I want to I don't want to stay in one position I want to move up and then get with that I'm going to need a you know Business Degree which I plan on going back to school and working full time   Answer Question
    • I am a customer service skills you know 5 years 8 years ago I worked at the Red Robin as a server and a busser and then I worked at Hocking Industries we made HVAC units for 5 years and then I got the job at Aluminum Products making Costco gas stations I don't know if you guys need a janitor or Tire Tech I don't even care I would just love to work for you guys   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fontana, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application and was called for an interview a few weeks later. I wasn't told it was temporary until I arrived. A complete waste of my time. I first arrived and it seemed like there was no communication. They didn't speak with me till after 20 minutes of being there. During the interview, employees would be knocking on the door and one even came in doing who knows what while I was in the room being asked mediocre situational questions. Extremely unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you have been in a state of urgency   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (South Jordan, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I was called and asked to come in. The interview was in a large group, and very short. I was asked a few questions, and then they said they would contact me. I received an email the next day that said they weren't going to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you made and what did you do to make it right?   Answer Question

Tire Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Asked me about the Mission statement as well as other questions that pertained to the area, such as the process in which we work, the stations assigned, how to make better sales. Some questions were about the TIA Standards we follow for the Tire Shop.

Interview Questions

• When the Phone rings and you are slammed with work what do you do?   1 Answer

Unsure Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

6 to 8 situational questions for 1st interview...only 6 minutes long...oddest interview I've ever had. I was called back for a 3rd interview without having a 2nd interview. lol They were timely with their follow-up.

Interview Questions

• How have you pointed something out to a coworker or manager?   1 Answer

Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. They have set interview questions they seem to ask every candidate. Most of the questions were behavioral. The question they seem to like asking however is "how did you study for this interview?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to gain a customers trust.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later I received a call to set up an interview. Completed my first in-person interview and was asked if I was willing to schedule a second.

Interview Questions

• They were just average retail/sales/customer service questions.   1 Answer