Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.5

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
      o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
      o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
      o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
      o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
      o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
      o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
      o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
      o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
      o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
      o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
      o How do you define great customer service?
      o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
      o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
      o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
      o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
      o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
      o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
      o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
      o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
      o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
      o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
      o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
      o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
      o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
      o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
      o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
      o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
      o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
      o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
      o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
      o Describe how you manage your time.
      o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
      o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
      o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
      o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.   1 Answer

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2017.

Interview

I've worked retail for 5 years. Most of my experience was with Lowe's Home Improvement as a Customer Service Associate. Great Customer service and de-escalating any disagteement are the best quality I have when iy comes to retail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer with out losing control of your own composure?   1 Answer

Membership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Houston, TX).

Interview

Short and simple. The questions asked are thought up as the conversation continues. The employers are welcoming and pay full attention. It helped with creating an atmosphere of focus. Making the interview process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you were faced with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Cashier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied, got a call two days later. Interviewed later that week with a manager and supervisor. Asked basic interview questions. Told me to wait around to be interviewed by the assistant GM. He asked about three questions. Then took a gum swab drug test on the spot. Told me they'd call once background check came through. Took about 10 days before they called me in for orientation.

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Okay so first I applied online (mind you I had a employee referral) and a few days later I got called in for an interview that SAME day. That first interview was with a supervisor and two other employees, honestly the supervisor was just asking the questions. I would say overall that first interview was about 15 minutes, which I thought was short and I felt I did horrible oh and they told me I would get a call in two weeks to let me know if I got the job or not. So a week later from that initial interview I got a call for a second interview the next day in the morning. This time it was just the general manager in the office and just asked about my availability and what my former manager would tell him about me. And he just finished off the interview telling me about how hard it is to work at Costco and it takes passion and willingness to work there. (I know all about hard work, my former job would call me in short notice, I would stay or come in for extra hours, do overnights, etc) And he said that I got the job but not fully because I still had to pass the drug test and background check. (Which I will.)

Interview Questions

• (First interview) can you describe a time where you had a conflict/mis understanding with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • What goals did you have at your former job and what steps did you take to achieve them?   Answer Question
    • What type of suggestions would your former supervisor give you and how would you react/use them?   Answer Question
    • (Second interview) what is your availability like?   Answer Question
    • If I called your former supervisor what would he/she tell me about you?   Answer Question
    • Name a weakness and strength that you have?   Answer Question

Membership Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later to schedule an interview. I was told that I had passed the intial online screening so my first in-store interview was considered a second interview. I went to the location for my interview and waited in the break room for about 30 minutes before someone came to get me. Two employees are required to be present during the interview. The interview was basic, customer service questions.

After the interview I received a call the same day letting me know to expect another call to set up a third interview with the General Manager. I waited a few days and after not hearing anything I called the store but was unable to get in contact with the employee who did my interview. I called back three times and finally spoke to an employee who said they were trying to see when the GM would be available to do interviews. It has been over a month and I never heard from anyone.

Order Picker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

lots of questions that were pointless. A lot of pride in the room for no reason. Awkward silence. Had to over dress for a casual work environment

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Northridge, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was long. My interview was set for 10:45 but didn't interview with managers until 1:15. If this happens to you, don't worry. I think they did this a tactic to see who really wants the job. As I entered the room , i was greeted by 3 ppl. All i believe were managers. This is phase 1/2 . One person was asking all of the questions while the others listen. DO YOUR RESEARCH. Also, just be yourself. They just want to see that you are goal oriented, want to be there for a while, and has great communication skills.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      Tell me about a time where you had to manage your time.   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Tucson, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I just submitted my application and I have not heard anything back yet they did not ask me for a resume maybe they will once I get an interview. Hopefully they'll call back

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Did first interview, did well enough they skipped the 2nd interview.

Did a 3rd interview with GM of the building.

Read the interview questions from others too and you will do fine. Always have an answer for any question don't, not have one. Do not give hypothetical answers either.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a high-stress situation/environment and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for Costco?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question