Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,121 Interview Reviews

2.5

Outside Marketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Kalamazoo, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Was called to interview went in had a 5-10 min interview with a department manager was told they would call me back for a 2nd interview. Left and they called me back in 30 minutes asking me to come back and do the 2nd interview. After my 2nd interview I was offered a job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you displayed teamwork.   1 Answer

Outside Marketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

Since they were opening a new store it was a very fast process. Basically had one interview and since they liked me they had me go into another interview immediately after and got drug tested on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to use the open door policy at a previous employer.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

Very basic, they want to know how you feel about customer service and how you've handled difficult co workers or customers. Once you apply and they call you for an interview that means you passed the "1st" interview. As soon as you pass the 2nd interview and they call you in for a 3rd you basically got hired. As long as you pass the background and drug test.

Interview Questions

Interview

Typically 3 stage interview process, with the first 2 performed one after the other with any manager, and the 3rd interview performed by assistant GM or higher. Normal behavior questions seen at original hiring interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I interviewed at one location and another employee from my company interviewed too. He got the job, but I was invited to interview for a different location. My old boss worked for Costco by then, so I was barely interviewed because my old boss knew my work ethic and experience. They really only asked me if I would be willing to relocate, which was fine with me.
    I asked to be able to give two weeks notice at my current job, but was told I was needed immediately. I quit that day, and started at Costco the next day.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to leave your current job with no notice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was negotiation to determine if I would be an assistant or a clerk.
    It was decided that I would be an assistant and make 50 cents over the highest paid person in the department.

Photo Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers seperatley on the same day. The questions were very broad and I hadn't had any interviewing experience at the time so I had a tough time answering them. I thought I had done horribly in my interview but the second manager hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Photo Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and I met with the hiring manager and the photo lab department superviser. Everything went very smoothly and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the photo department.   3 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (San Marcos, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview 1 was with two managers. One was asking quiestions, other taking notes. They asked at least a dozen random ?s off a sheet. Answer best & honest as possible. You will get a date & time at end of interview for next interview w/higher mgmt if you pass.

Interview Questions

• few I was asked..How you deal w/a difficult employee, How u resolve conflict, describe time you compromised, when u went beyond your duties, what keeps u motivated, why u want this job, describe a challenge u had, how u manage your time, what u learned at current job,   1 Answer

Negotiation

none... unless you have another job they want you to provide your availability on next interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Good process. Not very long. Friendly personnel. Good treatment through the experience from beginning to the very end. Good process. Not very long. Friendly personnel. Good treatment through the experience from beginning to the very end.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sacramento, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three total interviews. Questions varied in regards to retail experience and work availability. They train staff well. The hiring process was very quick and went smoothly. Human Resources personnel were organized. All in all a very smooth process. Well done.