Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Costco Wholesale

1,320 Interview Reviews

2.5

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Costco only really hires through family unless you're lucky. It was fairly quick and straighforward. I walked into admin and asked me general experience and what I did there. He asked a lot about my availability and flexibility.

Deli Clerk Interview

Interview

They had me interview a total three times. The last two interviews where on a separate day. The last interview is usually a meet and great with the manager to let you know you got the job.

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Bismarck, ND) in June 2020.

Interview

You apply online and they give you a call right away. It was a 3 step interview process and they were very friendly and great at answering all my questions. They mainly do part time from 26-40 hours a week and you need to have open hours. They don’t appear to be very flexible so it would be difficult for those with kids

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2020.

Interview

There was 2 interviews and the first one was longer with 3 people and the last one was shorter with only one person. Basically they want to see what you would do in different scenarios.

Any and All Availible Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2020.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple managers, started with a panel of two then moved on to a different manager to discuss available positions. Discussed when available and positions interested in, had multiple explained.

Deli Clerk/Bakery Assistant/Chicken Fryer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed at the Costco at SFO off 101. I waited for thirty minutes sitting on a bench. I went over and someone told me I would be interviewed, but I waited for another 30 minutes. Then I left. While I was driving a got a call and they asked why I didn't stay. I can only say I know Costco is always busy, but the store managers should have better control over their schedules. It was an embarrassment to wait an hour for a cook's job. I got a job at Amazon Prime warehouse next door on Utah St.

Interview Questions

• We're be right with you, Ok?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I was asked to write short answers via email (I assume to test grammar, spelling, and overall experiences), then called in for an in-person interview with 2+ executives, followed by a 1 hour long test conducted on the computer.

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer, google sheets or excel?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the best 3 traits, and the 3 worst traits of a previous manager   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The whole interview process was good. The interview in general was a pretty easy process. The questions were not too difficult. The interview was a 1 on 1 in person interview with the manager.

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Pewaukee, WI) in April 2020.

Interview

I was called back after two days of submitting my application online. They called me for an in person interview to be had on a weekend. I went to the store and had very similar interviews with two different managers who worked in different departments.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Interview

Fairly straight forward, conceptual questions though. Just wanting to get to know your personality mostly. There’s a couple interviews you need to do to be hired on. It’s nothing too intimidating but they’re very selective.

Interview Questions

• “What’s one way you’ve demonstrated leadership?”   Answer Question