Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2018
1,065 Interview Reviews

2.5

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
      o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
      o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
      o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
      o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
      o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
      o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
      o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
      o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
      o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
      o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
      o How do you define great customer service?
      o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
      o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
      o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
      o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
      o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
      o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
      o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
      o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
      o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
      o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
      o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
      o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
      o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
      o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
      o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
      o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
      o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
      o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
      o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
      o Describe how you manage your time.
      o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
      o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
      o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
      o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.   3 Answers

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and in about 3-4 days I received a call to come in for an interview. It was about a 20 minute interview. I was offered the job on the spot.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

They called me. I then went to the store. They asked me some questions. I answered them in splendid fashion. They offered me money in exchange for my services. It would have cost $6000 dollars to buy health insurance for the 3 months I wouldn't have benefits after I started. I had to decline.

Cashier Assist Cashier, Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I thought it went really well. I made it to my 2nd interview very quickly . So therefore I just knew that I was going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should I be chosen for the job. What makes me stand out among everyone else that has apllied for this position.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

For entry level positions they conduct 3 interviews. Sometimes they have 2 people in the first interview which they count as 2 interviews in one. The third is usually the job offer interview. The questions were typical retail behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Apply internally and the managers will call you in randomly for your interview. Just be prepared because you never know when they will pull you from the floor for an interview.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Interview

You start off with a phone interview and if they like what they hear they call you in for interview to meet and get to know a little about you. Everyone is friendly, helpful and respectful making you feel very comfortable answering all questions you might have about the interview process. If you are experienced it should be very easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Costco?   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in December 2017.

Interview

First Interview in Issaquia, WA - No HR interview. I did a phone interview with 2 to 3 people including the hiring manager which is the development manager of AIM group within the IT department. First question was what is my current title. I told them software qa. They asked if I know what an SDET role is. I said yes. The first 1 to 3 minutes of the interview really got me irritated. It seems they are looking for someone who has previous SDET role BUT they advertised the positionn as' IAM Quality Assurance Analyst'. This hiring manager rescheduled the interview twice! If he wants an SDET then advertise it as SDET. Modify your requirements. Towards the end of the interview he asked me what do I know about position and do I understand it? What do I know about AIM? I told him that is one of my question how does your group fit within the overall IT process. If you didn't like my previous roles then why interview me in the first place! Look at your minimum requirements for this position!

Interview Questions

• Do you know what SDET role is?   1 Answer

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sandy, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was great. The initial interview was done with two managers who directly afterword had me meet with another manager for my "third" interview. They got back to me quickly everything was very friendly and professional.

Receiving Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and simple. My interviewers where easy to talk to and everything went smoothly. You do have to pull your car into the truck area which makes you a little nervous, but they just pass you through and direct you where to go.