DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,014 Interview Reviews

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

I first met with a DSG recruiter at a school career fair. Then they had engineers visit campus for two 30-45 min in person interviews in a row. They were very friendly and it was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about OOP and previous projects.   1 Answer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up my first interview (there were two one on one interviews, one with dept manager and one with operations lead). First interview was easy, basically asking why dsg, what sport are you passionate about, how do you show that passion, etc. I got a call on my way home from the first interview to set up my second interview, which were much more typical interview questions. I was offered the position and got an email a few days later to accept my offer. Both interviews were very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you finished an assignment/task and thought you did it correctly but it turned out it was wrong, what was done to fix that?   Answer Question
    • What is something you have accomplished recently and what steps did you take in order to accomplish that?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a co worker asked you for help with a problem and you didn't know the solution? How would the two of you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

2 interviews regardless of what you’re applying for. Both ask basically the same questions. It’s a requirement for them to conduct 2 interviews. Managers are laid back during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How long are you looking to stay with us?   1 Answer

Interview

Submitted my application online. Was called in 2 days for a phone interview. Was then brought in to the store for first round of in person interviews. Was then given the second round of in person interviews immediately after. All fair questions were asked. Manager was very open to being asked questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a confrontational situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Retail Cashier Interview

Interview

I had a fairly quick interview with one of the store managers. We talked about the company's mission, jobs within the store, and a lot about sports within the interview process. Overall, it was a lot more relaxed than expected.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you've faced & how did you overcome it (in relation to inside & outside of sports)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

I was hired on the spot after a very short, casual interview. It was just in a backroom. They asked about times I was a leader, etc. It was just one of the assistant managers. The store manager wasn't​ even there.

Application

Interview

After applying online, I received a call from the office administrator to set a time for an interview. From there it was just a relaxed in-person interview with the store manager. It took about 30 mins and they let me know if I was offered a position or not.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Meridian, ID) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview was very fast, and they made me feel comfortable. I was informed that there is usually a second interview a few days after the first of they are seriously considering you, but due to their need for help, my second one was immediately after the first.

Interview Questions

• What is something your are passionate about? It can be about anything.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Modesto, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

First over the phone interview takes five to ten minutes to discuss why you would like to work there and that position. Followed by what your availability and desired wage is.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our store?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied on linkedin, and a recruiter from dsg's I had a connection with reached out to me about doing a phone screening. The screening consisted of questions about basic programming concepts and practices. For example, what is a REST API, steps in the TDD process, deploying apps, and who I would hypothetically write an algorithm. I passed the screening, and moved on to an online codility(?) challenge. It had two coding problems that I already had to solve on a previous test I got 6 months earlier, and a quiz about programming concepts. I got 92%, 100% on the coding which wasn't particularly hard, and 72% on the quiz. I moved on to the in person interview where I had an hr interview, an interview with the people in charge of software/it(?). They asked about my experience, with a focus on the dev ops aspects like deployment, and my current company. I think I might have been too negative while talking about my current co here. Finally an interview with some of the developers, including a pm, a dev II and a Principal. I got asked to code a short algorithm for traversing a node tree, and got stumped a few times in the process, but they were nice enough to throw out hints and answers questions. I believe there was one more whiteboard exercise after that, but I don't remember what it was. They definitely asked some of the same questions about deployments and dev ops here. It seemed like they were also looking for a lot of experience with Java script front end frame works like React and Angular.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with deployment   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, then scheduled two 30 min video interviews with two engineers. Some easy technical questions mixed with mostly personal questions. No screen sharing or coding or anything. Then got an offer by email like 2-3ish weeks later.