DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,167 of over 1.2K interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

Very simple and easy process. I was called in for an interview and scheduled an interview within the next few days. The interview was simply behavioral. They did not ask about anything on my resume, and only asked questions like why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    1 Answer

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

Nothing special They asked about my experience - mostly at my previous position not really interested in you, but friendly the interview was first over the phone, then in their office pretty fast process, communication is ok.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

easy easy easy if you know retail or sports or customer service dont stress this is a good entry level retail job dont stress easy easy easy easy (trying to meet the minimum)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in Jul 2021

Interview

Met with the recruiter who was very professional and transparent about role and org changes. We left with recruiter saying they’d present me to the hiring manager. A Week goes by and apparently the hiring manager preference was strongly for people with prior consulting experience from Big 3. Mildly aggravating and unfortunate mindset. Ultimately was not invited to next round. Recruiter experience was very good though.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Lombard, IL)

Interview

There were 2 levels of interviews in the process. The first interview is with the department manager of the position being applied for. They will ask about prior work experience, expectations and give you information one the role in which you applied for. The second interview is with a manager of higher standing, in my case the store manager. This interview had similar questions to the first, along with a back and forth section which you would have to answer how you would react to certain possible scenarios that could happen on the job. I was offered the position as soon as the second interview ended. The manages were nice and accommodating to an questions or concerns you might have.

Interview Questions
  • If you were collecting inventory for shipping and a customer approached you and asked for help searching for a specific product what would you do?

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

Very quick and Easy interview. I was in and out in 30 minutes and hired on the spot. Overall very basic questions with no major surprises throughout the entire process

Interview Questions
  • What is an example of a time you had to think on your feet at your previous job?

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and they asked questions that most job interviews ask. They had me interview with two different managers. The managers were very nice and didn’t rush the questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

Not bad. Friendly work environment. Works with you on hours for students. Great part-time or full-time gig. Opportunity to work on customer service skills. In addition, fun for former athletes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

The interview questionnaire was very long and the questions are duplicative of each other. It was very personality based, which seemed excessive for an entry level position at a retail company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

Did 2 interviews with the store manager and then the store director. The first interview was easy and the second one was more action based questions. Overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods

Interview

Very thorough compared to other places but not relative to their current work quality. Have high expectations in interviews for bike mechanics when you are looking at ducks sports goods

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,167 Interviews