DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Hurst, TX).

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview for any type of big box retail location in a mall. Had a quick phone interview with the department manager, and then a face to face with the department manager. This face to face however was likely supposed to be with the store manager, but he was out of the office for one reason or another.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you've dealt with an unruly customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Very simple straight forward. Asked about my knowledge of sports and other experience and how i would sell certain merchandise. Very nice and was more like a conversation than an interview

Interview Questions

• They ask you what sport you would consider yourself and expert and ask you why you feel that way.   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

They called me within a week, the interview process was fairly simple asked me a few questions about sports I've played...etc. They had me take a survey test and told me they'd call me and let me know if I passed the test and set up a 2nd interview with the store manager. It was a nice, fast and easy process.

Backstock Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union Gap, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Union Gap, WA).

Interview

There are 2 sets of interviews, one with an assistant manager and the second with the store manager. There were series of questions on you and sports, then about skills and background experience. Be prepared to give detailed description of experience you had in prior jobs, and explanations of how you used your skills in past experiences. The second interview is more on the position you are applying for, and why you feel you are a great candidate for the position. It also goes over more in-depth questions on the position, ando how you will react in situations and skills you will bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a successful outcome at a leadership position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied for the position which had a test that went along with the application. I got called in for the 1st of two interviews. I met with who would ultimately be my boss. She asked general questions and my Sporting goods knowledge. For my second interview I met with the store manager. Very easy going interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Dicks Sporting Goods? Do you play/have a lot of knowledge about sports?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Talked to store manager multiple times over the phone. Was told each time that she was waiting on her staff and the district manager before she could set an person to person interview and that she was going to get back to me in a few days. I would follow up with her at the beginning of each week just to be told the same thing. Finally found out that the job was closed when I was looking at other store locations. Never received a call back after that, just that they will get back to me.

Soft Lines Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Fremont, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

applied online. Called in for an interview last minute. Interview lasted an hour. Basic management comments. I always dress up for interviews but not suit and tie material. They did not ask any questions about sports but I am sure its ice to know something.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your retail background?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very quick and easy going. He asked me very simple questions. Process was very quick overall. They asked me about 7 questions at the most. They scheduled my interview immediately.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Met with 4 different people in the department that I was interviewing to be in; Everyone was very conversational so it was a comfortable setting. They asked me questions regarding my background.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

There were two separate interviews, one with one of the department managers and one with the store manager. The department manager asked the real interview questions that are on every application (deaiing with stressful situations, how would you handle this, a time you received good/bad customer service), and the store manager asks how much you'd like to be paid and your schedule availability. If you make it to the store manager interview, it means you basically already landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sports do you play or have knowledge of?   1 Answer