DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.1

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Info session: about the position and meaning of values, first rounds on campus: met with two recruiters, second rounds at headquarters: declined invite, but tour of headquarters and Pittsburgh is given

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

They asked how my experience in sports would help me with this job and asked the usual "what would you do in this scenario" questions. The screening process is not long, which allows bad candidates to slip through on occasion.

Interview Questions

• How would your experience in [the sport you plated] help you with customers?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Wauwatosa, WI).

Interview

Showed up on time for my interview just to sit there and wait for 45 minutes. Eventually just left the store without interviewing. I do not want to work for a company whom doesn't value others time. No one from management even apologized for the long wait.

Merchandising Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

About a month after applying online, I was invited to interview on-campus. There was a pre-interview presentation, where the recruiter gave us some helpful information. Round 1 consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Basic behavioral questions followed by more specific questions. Unfortunately, the company chose not to contact me following the first round of interviews. My follow up communications with employees at the company were ignored as well. So fair warning, if you are not selected, you may never hear back from them. Don't waste your time waiting around for that email or phone call like I did!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any recommendations for our company website?   Answer Question

Bicycle Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in November 2017.

Interview

Did an online application a week ago and got a call to come in for interview. When I got there they made me do a quiz right away on the computer just to see if I was truthful or a thief and to see how I would work with the other employees. After the 15 minute quiz you go inside the office and get basic questions why you want this job, why your a good fit, they are looking for someone into sports or someone athletic. I was cool and fast I acted Myself and got a offer within minutes. I am a part of the Dicks sporting good company and happy to start sunday.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in November 2017.

Interview

Applied in early October. Got a call one month later asking if I’m interested and we set up an interview date. I interviewed with the assistant manager at first. It consisted of tell me about yourself and behavioral questions and it went very well so we set up another interview date with the store manager. Second interview consisted of behavioral questions and got the job offer immediately.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

Went Great! Looking for people with positive, bubbly attitudes that are comfortable with talking to people. Manager was very nice to talk with. After the 1:1 interview you have to take this online survey about yourself which determines if you’re a junkie or a thief.

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Huntington Beach, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Had wait 15 minutes initially but the manager came out soon enough and was very friendly. Interview went quite smooth. Very relaxing and manageable. All the questions were fairly simple and easy to answer. As stated before, the manager was very friendly so the interview does not feel pressured at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to take on a leadership role.   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liberty Township, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Liberty Township, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Cashiers easily pointed me where to go. The interviewer was really friendly easy to talk to. Asked me about passed work experience, past sports experience, and about my personal hobbies. Very smooth easy interview. Although I applied for Footwear Sales Associate they offered me a job in Team Sports.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview next day. Took a test that pretty much just judged if you were a compulsive liar or thief. Passed the test so interview process proceeded. Asked some questions about retail experience, what department I want to work in (which didn't matter because they place you wherever they want) and availability.