Dairy Queen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

1.7

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southern Pines, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Southern Pines, NC).

Interview

Got a call the day after I applied. I had references from people who already worked at Dairy Queen so the store manager just asked me how I knew them. Didn't really ask me much else but went over the job duties and responsibilities, the policy and what was against policy. Asked me if I was okay with what she had told me, I told her yes and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• She really just asked me my availability and went over policy.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Hour long phone screen, in depth questions about leadership and specific experiences, asks about knowledge of DQ, few questions about IT experience. In the end they decided not to fill the position at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you took on a leadership role.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

It took 10 minutes, we met in the back of the dairy queen, where they keep the bags of warm liquid ice cream. The managers son sat there the entire time, he was a real ugly dude.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The guy was pretty friendly. He looked at my resume and asked some standard interview questions. He also talked about Dairy Queen and asked if I would be a good fit.

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (New York, NY).

Interview

Was easy and straight forward. Went in and was greeted and then went on to the interview. It did not take to long. I would say about 15 minutes and then was told I would be contacted.

Grill/Chill Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tega Cay, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Tega Cay, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

I walked in and they Interviewed me in a room with other people. The manager was a nice woman and was very relaxed. Then I went around the corner to talk to the owner and he was laid back to.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied for the position online and had referrals from two employees. After less than 2 weeks, I had an initial phone screen scheduled. The phone screen was supposed to take 30 minutes and nearly lasted 2 hours. I found the recruiter very professional. Unfortunately, I never heard anything from this company or recruiter. From such a beloved brand, it's surprising and disappointing to be treated this way by recruiting. A quick e-mail or phone call stating their decision to move in a different direction would not take more than two minutes.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Fast and easy. Anyone with ambition and drive can get through. They were big on asking questions to vet out people who used drugs. The interviewer was nice, polite and put me at ease. The store where I was applying was one of their bigger locations on the south side so there would be plenty to do to keep a worker busy.

Interview Questions

• Where did you attend high school? Where did you work before? Can you work weekends? Can you work until closing?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was extremely quick. It was very casual and the assistant manager who was interviewing me was very friendly and didn't throw any curveball questions at me. They were actually really simple getting to know you sort of questions. He was looking for someone who was friendly, outgoing, reliable, and a huge team player. I stressed out during the interview for no reason (Don't make it as visual as I did, he coupd tell I was extremely nervous)! My advice is for you to go in there confident and be completely honest. They just might check those references! Good Luck!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Pearland, TX).

Interview

It was very quick and very friendly. The interview felt down to earth. I had a friend help me get the interview and the manager interviewed me right away. We sat in the restaurant and exchanged pleasantries before getting down to the actual interview. The manager that interviewed me did not see to have prepared before the interview. He just stressed how he was looking for someone to stay long term because he felt that the workers were like family. This struck me as odd but I needed a better job than being a waitress.