Dollar General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

The process went from resume to a call with the manager to a call with the team to an interview day with the team, then the manager, then his boss, then the boss' boss.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for the company.   16 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flippin, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Flippin, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

It took about ten minutes. The assistant manager interviewed me and talked about herself the entire time. I was offered the job but had to wait until the background check came back.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any specific questions asked of me. I think I may have been asked about my availability.   1 Answer

Pizza Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

During the interview process it went very well there were only basic questions that were required to be answered and there were minimum requirements such as high school diploma and everything that needed to be know was taught or learned by me ( employee ) in the process of getting the job

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with people ?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General in June 2009.

Interview

Received a call to setup a phone interview with recruiter for Dollar General. The phone interview was pretty easy. Basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, what type of manager are you, etc. There were also questions as to how did you handle loss prevention in your stores and what have you learned from hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• From past experience how have to handled loss prevention in your stores (internally and externally)?   Answer Question
    • How do you determine if you have made the right hiring decision for a potential employee?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General in December 2018.

Interview

Quick informal interview at the location I was applying to (I applied online - I found the position posting online but I my cousin was working at another location) with the store manager. Was a little unclear as far as if I would be hired for the position I applied for, but ultimately I was hired for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with stocking and throwing freight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Southaven, MS) in August 2018.

Interview

They only want to know whether or not you will be a good slave. They want to know that you will work yourself to death and not expect compensation that is decent for the hard work you do.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Dallas, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

There wasn't much of one...I took the assessment test and drug test, passed both and was hired on immediately!

Negotiation

Oh yeah! I negotiated well. Probably could have negotiated more looking back on it!

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Antioch, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

Very laid back interview. Fresh out of college with no management experience, however, the manager was in dire need of assistant managers to fill the spot. Nothing difficult, she just asked me if I was willing to work hard and help. Granted the position is only offering me $9/hr I'm not going to complain for the experience I can gain in management and take farther. Other than that it was just a lot of small talk and random chatting. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The only thing the store manager really asked me was "How have you dealt with a difficult customer in the past?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only offered $9 but to just start out in management I'm not going to complain. It just gives me the opportunity to gain experience.

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Longview, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Interview process is solely based on the experience of the individual store manager. I had more interview experience than the lady interviewing me, so I ran the interview. I told her all the things I knew she would need to know about me and my work experience. There is a 60 question assessment which is designed to test your value/ethics. Then you wait for the phone to ring. Very little, if any training. No safety meetings or store meetings.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had a problem working every holiday of the year, including Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You are offered a job at what they are willing to pay. You work a different schedule every week and a lot of nights. You are required to work every holiday.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

I went to job fair for managers and assistant managers. I was originally hired as an associate, but the position was no longer available. The store manager had asked me if I wanted a management job. I didn't but needed job.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve employee fighting?   1 Answer