Dollar General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

1.8

District - Multi Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume recruiter called had initial phone interview pretty standard screening type questions. Interested in relive the background and overall management acumen. Received word on second round with Regional Director, initial 45 minute phone interview, focused largely on reason for selecting DG and why I left last previous positions. Third round was in store walk and interview with Regional Director again. Little more in depth into Strategy and overall retail knowledge and leadership acumen. Final interview was 30 minute phone conversation with Divisional VP. Focused largely on big picture and leadership

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neeses, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Neeses, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

I never have had an interview with Dollar General but I would love to come to work with the company because the location is convient and close to my home and would not have to travel far to work because I live ten minutes away.

Interview Questions

• What hours are available to work?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General in September 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the manager for about 7-8 minutes. He asked me a little about myself and told me what he was looking for. He told me the hrs and starting pay and to be on the lookout for a "hiring packet" in my email.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Bakersfield, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview still waiting to hear back 10 days later. Phone interview weird due to very large Company. Hope to hear something back next week. My info waa passed from the recruiter to the District Manager in my area.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Manager was very nice. I applied and was called back about a week or two later. Basically just told me what I would be doing and asked if I was interested and what my availability was.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

If I remember right, my application had no response until I accidentally met the district manager. Then, I had an interview by a store manager and then an interview by district manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dollar General?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Albans, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Saint Albans, WV) in August 2017.

Interview

I was called to a store that I did not apply for, and went in the store, had to go find the manager in one of the aisles. We, then went into an office where trash was all over the floor. He was very nice and 5 days into the company. He told me that DG would not come close to what I was being paid to just manage one department.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about job experience, receiving, merchandising, and pretty much told me that the store runs on a dime. No coverage and a lot of call-offs due to no accountability.   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marianna, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General (Marianna, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a seamless process although it was a job fair. The staff worked fast and efficiently. I don't think anyone waited longer than forty or so minutes. After filling out a standard application, each individual was interviewed in a one on one situation. Then, at least in my case, I was taken on a short tour of the warehouse to see how the process worked. My interviewer made sure I understood the conditions under which I would be working.

Interview Questions

• What jobs in your past have bearing on the job you are applying for today?   Answer Question

Cashier/Employment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhodhiss, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Rhodhiss, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Would like to help the organization progress and lives close so very easy to get to work and would be available for any hour's and great team leader or team mate work gets the job done.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Spanish Fort, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

We sat and talked for a while. She told me about the store policies and what I should expect. We watched the security camera of the store and she was telling me that the things the cashier was doing was stuff I would have to do. Like she was walking around and organizing the store while there was no guests.