Dollar General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2018
1,001 Interview Reviews

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was asked for any previous management experience I had what I liked and disliked about my previous employers and was I happy performing my duties as management. And then I was told they could only pay me $10 an hour which was a shocker for a huge company like Dollar General

Interview Questions

• Can I work full-time and various different hours   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Quick and easy no hard questions alll basic information for hiring process. Things were asked about do I have a felony have I ever stolen . They asked I have reliable transportation and such. Basic questions to get you hired and started ready to work.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Took app. into the store, got a call back within a few days. Interview was very short, basically just a quick talk with the store manager to make sure it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How old are you?
      Why do you want to work here?
      How many hours are you looking for?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enterprise, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Enterprise, AL) in May 2018.

Interview

The peoples of the were great I got a interview Tuesday I'm kinda n ervous but I know that God got me .I will put my all in the job . I will not let my employer down.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer asked you about a item   1 Answer

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (New York, NY).

Interview

They asked weather I had any questions after explaining the job and what it entailed. I thought that was pretty good compared to most. They were very clear about the job. The person who interviewed me was actually the person I would report to.

Interview Questions

• He mostly asked questions related to my experience in the field.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Carrollton, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

Very detailed but not difficult. I enjoyed the interviewer and they asked me specific questions about retail, i liked that. It was very brief and i felt very comfortable. I didn’t have to wait long also on the course of the fact that it was a open interview

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday received a call from HR on Friday for a phone interview she told me I would be moving forward, she asked me if I was available that following Thurs or Friday for a face to face interview with the District Manager I choose Friday she said he would contact me within 72 hours. I was contacted by the DM on Wed for the time and Location. On Fri I had my face to face which lasted about 2 hours which included a tour of the store after the interview was over he told me that someone would contact me to schedule a third interview with the Regional Director that interview happened that following Friday, which lasted about 45min, after that interview she told me that the DM had 48 hours to contact me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

I applied online. I was called to schedule an interview in person. I went to a store and interviewed with the store manager. The questions were basic interview questions asked when applying for retail positions. I gave my availability and a little bit about my work history. In about two days I received an email with New Hire information. The next day I got the call with the offer. I had to complete the new hire "packet" on line. I went for a drug screen. I was called when my background check and drug screen came back and was scheduled to start the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Interview was an easy process. Showed up for their hiring event had an interview with DM. Followed by interview with one of Store managers. Standard questions in both interviews. I was offered the position 2 days after last interview and they would get back to me with salary. 2 weeks later no response and when I check in what’s the process I’m told just wait or look for something else. Very unprofessional

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

quick direct role direct skill match. application being modified and team lead position was a fit. the need to make upgrades to system was evident and timeline short

Interview Questions

• based on the changes needed can you program in this application   Answer Question