Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.1

Assistant Flexo Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR person will probably get your name wrong and not tell you thank you after the interview. She will make faces during the interview. After the interview she closed the door quick.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fordyce, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Fordyce, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the Talent Selection Director, followed by phone interview with the Regional Controller, Corporate Controller, and Director of Analysis. All fairly basic interviews mainly discussing my resume with a few behavioral questions in there. Then I was asked to come down to the manufacturing plant in Fordyce, AR for the final round of interviews with the Plant Controller and Plant Manager. Each interview was roughly 45 minutes and I was asked about my resume as well as quite a few behavorial questions. Know the GP core principles because I was asked about them many times throughout all of my interviews. After the final round of interviews, I was immediately taken on a tour of the plant with one of the head engineers. The next day I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GP? Strengths? Weaknesses? Why’d you choose your degree? Struggled with a co-worker or upper level management? Time where your ideas were challenged? Dealing with adversity in project? Time when you failed and how did you improve? How do I form long term goals and how do I achieve them? Why Georgia-Pacific? What do you want to get out of Georgia-Pacific? Time where you had to be proactive?   Answer Question

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lovell, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Lovell, WY).

Interview

test on manufacturing and the process. On phone interview thru their recruiter and if you pass all required test then they call you for a in person interview when you are there you will interview with at least 5 or 6 people

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an interview marathon. Interviewed with 5 people, including a VP, for one hour each. The recruiter responded to all interview decisions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time when you used logic to solve a problem.
      Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

I applied through my college university during the career fair where I gave them my resume and signed up for a timeslot to be interviewed which I did and then got a call that I got it and then I started the next semester.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Process at GP is entirely behavioral based. All the questions asked were based upon the MBM guiding principles. There were three rounds.
    1. Phone interview- General HR based questions
    2. Hiring manager 1:1- Most questions were behavioral and past experiences.
    3. Director Round 1:1- Again a fit based round entirely on past experiences and projects done.
    The HRs at GP are very helpful and friendly. The process was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time when you handled a difficult person   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

On-campus interview after career fair. Talked to the recruiter to learn about the position they were looking to fill. Asked if they were interviewing on-campus that week. Recruiter said yes and asked me when I could do an interview. Interview consisted of 3 people. Very relaxed. Wanted to get to know you and make sure you were a good fit with the culture.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time that you did not agree with someone that you had to work with.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crossett, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Crossett, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in two separate parts from different people, both an hour long each. On top of the MBM principle questions they asked, each individual was interested in where I was from, my work history, and wanted to get to know me on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to confront someone of a higher status because you were not getting the result you asked for.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

I was Interviewed by two people, one person from HR and the other person was a plant director. The interviewing process was relaxed and comfortable. I was asked to provide answer to interview questions in the form of a story with a clear problem statement, how I solved the problem, and a conclusion. Very relaxed interviewing process, I did not feel intimidated. Technical questions were not asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that did not work out as you planned and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Green Bay, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, then site visit and interview where I met with the entire 6 person process engineering team individually. Site visit included plant tour, meeting with the process engineers as well as someone from HR and the engineering plant manager

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the paper and pulp industry?   Answer Question