Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Neenah, WI).

Interview

The interview process was intense, but they have amazing recruiters. The recruiter sent me everything I needed to be successful, called me to see if I had any questions, and even gave me hints and tips for the onsite. She worked with me through the offer process as well. Her name was Liz and she literally sold me on the organization and convinced me to leave a job I thought I'd retire from. She really helped me understand the company overall and was just a great professional to work with. The team was friendly and gave me a tour and took me to lunch. Liz even gave me restaurant recommendations for places to take my family when we came on our house hunting trip. Overall just really impressed.

HR Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

Campus Interview, Phone Interview with HR Professional, and Atlanta Day Interview (included behavioral based questions, small & large group exercises, 1:1 interviews, and a lunch presentation); was over a 3 month period. Offer came very quickly after interview

Interview Questions

• Small Group Exercise: Worked within a team of 3 and had to determine & write a budget request for an employee relations event   1 Answer

Customer Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call first and then a interview two week after. It’s was pretty hard core and all behavioral questions. All the of the panel had different personalities so it was pretty difficult to please one person.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Part behavioral interview, part conversation. They want to see if you would fit well into the company culture (which they care a lot about!) but also want to allow you to ask as many questions as you can about the company itself. Great interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to manage conflict within a team?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

Met a few days prior to the interview and discussed the business and their company. The interview consisted of behavioral based questions, two interviewers in a intimate setting. One interviewer scribed while the other asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

They use a behavioural style of interview. For fresh graduates coming from the job fair, they pack you all in a hotel, near one of their production mills and in groups, give you a challenge to work out as a team, and observe how you work in the group. The whole process used to work like the NFL Draft (in fact, it was called the Draft - where after day one you were given a sheet and you were asked to rank order your locations of preference to work at within the organisation, and the interviewers/reps from the various company locations would then negotiate amongst themselves about offering you a position based on your 3 location interviews and, pretty much, how much that location wanted you. Having studied Game Theory in grad school, I understood why R&D exited this Draft process, but as I understand still continues amongst the mills. Why do I say that, at least as it relates to R&D? Well, first, those who go into research have a, shall I say, eccentric personality that may not lend itself well to selecting amongst what, amongst the manufacturing centres, amounts to a contest of picking the best alpha. Second, having studied Game Theory, this type of selection process is inefficient as it leads to misallocation resulting in efficiency losses: specifically when an applicant ranks their location while strategizing where to go based on where they perceive they will be hired and not where they prefer to be, this does not lead to a mechanism that is "truth telling", that is, one in which actual preferences are revealed. In short, this mechanism leads to misallocation of labor based on the applicant's perception of where they would be best hired and not where they would be best placed.

Interview Questions

• There will be three rounds of interviews with different locations. Questions are quite general, projects that were worked on in engineering classes, what kind of leadership roles have you taken; generic non differentiated questions that really don't dictate much. A few months after I was hired, and I asked my two coworkers who had interviewed me during the Draft how the process worked on their end, they told me of one applicant who was vied over by several locations for nothing more than their enthusiasm for golf, which was shared by the interviewers (they were Souther mills, go figure).   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

1. Brief phone interview.
    2. In person interview with up to 5 interviewers, situation based questions. Interviewers can include future co-workers, management, and members of other departments.
    If selected...
    3. Background Check, Drug test (mouth swab), confirmation of credentials listed on resume

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an important decision without the direction of management   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Dothan, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview is the first step. The interviewer described the local situation and the position. She described that there were growth opportunities. She asked if I had questions before she started asking me questions. YOu do not get an offer during the phone interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when a major change came in your organization, what was that change, how did it affect you and how did you adjust?   1 Answer
    • Tell of a time when you made an accounting error and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Tell of a time when a client asked you to do something you weren't supposed to do.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Starkville, MS) in September 2017.

Interview

Company came to career for for University. Signed up for an interview slot the next day. Process supposedly took a week. If you did not hear from them after the interview, then you were not selected. I did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made the right decision but it yielded a bad result.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you tried to solve a problem using a new or different process or innovative manner.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in September 2017.

Interview

1: contact from internal recruiter; ~20 minute phone interview. 2: ~45 minute phone interview with hiring manager. 3: 4 hour long round-robin interview with 4 GP employees. 4: Offer received, countered, and accepted.

Excellent, timely process with perfect communication throughout. Best interview process I have ever experienced

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed to meet expectations of a customer   Answer Question