Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with an HR rep out of the mid-West. She was exceptionally pleasant and very accommodating. Typical preliminary weeding out process type of interview. I made it past that and was asked to come in with a face to face with the local team.

A week later I was in their regional office speaking to a panel of three in the group I was interviewing with. All three were extremely pleasant to speak with. It was a behavioral interview so it was all situational examples such as . . ."Tell us about a time when. . .""When was the last time you had this happen. . .""What happened when you had to deal this this type of person. . ." They had been very upfront about the process and that it would be a behavioral interview ahead so I was not surprised when it came to actually sitting down with them.

Although I did not get the position I would not hesitate from applying again for a position. I called the HR rep back after I found out I was not chosen and asked for any feedback the panel had for me and she gladly shared everything they had written. It was very beneficial to get their take on the interview. She spent a good 10 minutes on the phone giving me what I requested and wished me luck in continuing my job search.

I was thoroughly impressed with their process and follow-up. I would still actively look for positions that I was qualified for in the area.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a co-worker who was not pulling their weight on a project and what did you do?   Answer Question

Georgia-Pacific Response

Jan 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your interview experience with us. I am happy to hear that you were impressed by our process, our team and the follow-up you received. I will be... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

So far my best interview experience. The whole process took about a month. First initial screening by the recruiter over the phone. The recruiter was very nice helpful throughout the process. Followed by the telephonic interview with the hiring manager. Got selected in the third round, which was face to face interview with the whole team at the plant location. Got selected. Final telephonic round interview with the head of the department. Got selected.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zachary, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Zachary, LA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied and a about a week later I was contacted by the recruiter and I was interviewed for about 30 minutes and then sent a test to complete and upon passing the test I was contacted for a in person interview I am in the process of awaiting the interview date I shall keep you all posted!!!

Interview Questions

• Name an example when you went above and beyond your job with being asked?   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview (45 minutes) and panel interview (6 rounds/45 minutes each). All questions are behavioral based and know the MBM guiding principles. They want to see you’re a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed and how did you overcome the obstacle.   Answer Question

Operations Excellence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Process started with a phone interview with HR manager followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager (on separate days). Afterward, there was a site visit and panel interview and one-on-one interviews (occurred on later date than phone interviews). The Process was fairly traditional and about average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

Getting an interview was not fairly difficult, but the interview was as they only ask behavioral interview questions so, you have to have a lot of good scenarios you know well and have been a part of in the back of your pocket.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were under pressure in the moment, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Neenah, WI).

Interview

The interview process was intense, but they have amazing recruiters. The recruiter sent me everything I needed to be successful, called me to see if I had any questions, and even gave me hints and tips for the onsite. She worked with me through the offer process as well. Her name was Liz and she literally sold me on the organization and convinced me to leave a job I thought I'd retire from. She really helped me understand the company overall and was just a great professional to work with. The team was friendly and gave me a tour and took me to lunch. Liz even gave me restaurant recommendations for places to take my family when we came on our house hunting trip. Overall just really impressed.

HR Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

Campus Interview, Phone Interview with HR Professional, and Atlanta Day Interview (included behavioral based questions, small & large group exercises, 1:1 interviews, and a lunch presentation); was over a 3 month period. Offer came very quickly after interview

Interview Questions

• Small Group Exercise: Worked within a team of 3 and had to determine & write a budget request for an employee relations event   1 Answer

Customer Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call first and then a interview two week after. It’s was pretty hard core and all behavioral questions. All the of the panel had different personalities so it was pretty difficult to please one person.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Part behavioral interview, part conversation. They want to see if you would fit well into the company culture (which they care a lot about!) but also want to allow you to ask as many questions as you can about the company itself. Great interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to manage conflict within a team?   Answer Question