H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,877 Interview Reviews

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Washington, DC) in October 2019.

Interview

My first interview was a group interview. We did some team-building exercises on the floor of the store. Basically, we as a team had to locate things that were working well and things that were not working well. My second interview was an individual interview where more personal, experience-related questions were fielded.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. Applied and got an interview call few days later. Asked about past experience on resume. What are the strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Straight forward. Took about 2 weeks. Applied online got called for an interview at the store with a manager and the stock manager. Got a call back that same day to come back later that week which was an offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Talk about your last job
      When you’ve been in a difficult situation (customer, customer service)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process is rather simple actually. They mostly ask basic questions about your background and to see if you're a people person. It is retail after all.

If you have any sort of unique fashion style, you're in. The associates really help to sell the clothes at these stores.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Lithonia, GA).

Interview

The application process took 10 minutes and I received a call within a week. Short and simple interview that lasted no more than 20 minutes. The store at this location is nice, quiet, and organized. During week two of the process I got a call for a job offer.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

I'm a good sales man I'm fast at working and I'm great with people I'm a fast learner and always on time I would love to be apart of H&M company and the rest of the team

Interview Questions

• I'm a really hard working good sales men I can lead n follow tasks   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

First screening with Regional Talent Manager. Was genuine, real, and conversational. Indicated they rarely hire externally but often post “bench” positions to source for talent. To clarify- the listing was posted for LA District Sales Manager and half way through the call I found out there was actually no open position they were just looking to bench talent in case something opened up down the line.

I was then asked to attend a 6 hr group meeting with other District level candidates and to have a 5 minute presentation prepared on a successful initiative I’d completed in the past 2 years and to be ready to present it without the use of any technology. This meeting was basically an all day adult group interview with role play and exercises looking to see who stood out.

Following this within another 2 weeks or so I was asked to a phone interview with 2 regionals. This is where the wheels fell off. This interview was the most impersonal, cold, robotic experience I’ve had in my 20 years of retail. (Mind you I’m 6 weeks into an interview process interviewing for a position that doesn’t even exist but still giving the process my best effort) Every question was scripted, there was zero acknowledgement of any answer given, unless it was “gotcha” and it was so uncomfortable for them when I tried to lighten the mood that I could hear it through the phone. Also often I would staff answering a question that was apparently coming up and he would say ok yes we will get to that, as if scolding me for being thorough. Most questions were behavioral (shown below)

For a company that claims to value people and culture, I was extremely disappointed by the higher level interaction and it immediately made me reconsider working for this brand. My advice would be don’t waste your time, they will take 2-5 MOs from you and have no open positions unless you are willing to relocate. Super shady. Also they don’t like to hire externals and have a very snide filter for “outsiders”

Interview Questions

• What’s motivated you over the past 6mos?
      What prompted you to step into your current role/position?
      What are some of the current challenges in retail space?
      A time when you were in a stressful situation and what was the outcome and how did people perceive you in the moment?
      What was a piece of impactful feedback you received from leadership and how did you apply it?
      What was a defining leadership experience?
      What are 3 words you would use to describe your leadership style.
      Tell me a little about what each of those mean to you.
      How do you approach an aggressive/unrealistic sales goals goal?
      When was a time you faced a challenge and what was the outcome?
      Tell me about a time you failed and what was the outcome?
      A time when you had conflict with or feedback for a colleague and what was the outcome?
      What is a common misconception people have about you?
      How do you build a team and how do you measure success?
      Why do you want to be a dsm at H&M?
      Are you familiar with Our 7 values and which ones resonate with you?   Answer Question

MBA Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

First part is with the HR Recruiter, she was very nice and wants just to get to know you. Asks a little bit about your history but was largely casual. The second part was more technical with a person who had been a part of the program from a previous year. They asked you to do a simulation of H&M releasing a limited edition collection with a partner. They want to see how you would propose to roll out the collection

Interview Questions

• If we had a collaboration with *(Well known Pop Culture)* to release a print collection, how would you decide to distribute it across the H&M network of stores in the US?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

Interview

I applied online directly through the job listing on their careers hub. When applying for a position they tell you that their interview process takes about two weeks and that you will receive a response by then. I applied over a month ago and never heard back - no email, no phone call. This is a shame as I am more than qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• If they suddenly ask for a phone interview by the time this review is approved, I'll edit and let you know the questions they ask.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

Trilled and fun all i can say! They took only less than 48hour to invite me for an interview session.

There was a group of 18 people in total. There are 2 assessment have to be done. A group assignment and individual assignment and it is an eliminations process.

Maybe my luck im the only one whom made it through to second round. Lets pray they will call me to share a good news!