H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017
1,079 Interview Reviews

2.5

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I got a call two days after I applied online. Had an over the phone interview. Got called in two days later for an interview with two of the managers. They asked me basic questions. It was a pretty good interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • How do you think you will transition from working at the last place to working here?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

As a whole, the interviewing process was pretty relaxed. I initially had a phone screening and then got called in for an in person interview. For both they mostly just asked questions about my previous job experience and what I expected at H&M.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H&M (Roseville, CA).

Interview

Group interview, then if prefered by interviewees you get a second interview as an individual with store manager and co manager then if prefered again you get a third and final interview to agree to company policies terms and contractual agreements. So expect at least a two phase interview process with some phone calls and if its for a new store opening position expect a third interview.

Interview Questions

• Reason for interest with their company   1 Answer
    • Why you would be an asset to their team   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been employed by a value based company   1 Answer
    • Are you better as a team player or individual contributor to daily functioning and routines in the workplace   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (White Plains, NY).

Interview

So unprofessional and unorganized went there on the day of my interview they ask me can I rescheduled i said sure, went there again and they ask me the same thing at this point i said forget it. Why call me for a interview if you keep asking me to reschedule. I forgot that the employees were rude and the store was messy.

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail to schedule a phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview was extremely in depth and not just a basic screening. Felt that the level of depth the questions went into would be better articulated in person. Also not sure why the organization doesn't trust the people running their stores to hire members of management. Felt that the recruiter was very accusatory when asking me why I had made decisions to resign from previous jobs. (Main reason for leaving my career was a domestic abuse related divorce and relocation.) Was asked why I didn't then return to my previous position after dealing with this. Proceeded to ask why I had left any other prior jobs as well and if I felt I had made the right choice...was extremely uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online first at a couple of stores, then I got a email first about moving forward from the recruiter, then two in person interviews. One with the department manager and one with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Why should I receive higher pay?   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Where do I want to move within the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview. We were all asked the same questions and answered individually. We were given our own set of building blocks and told to build whatever we wanted in 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work retail?   2 Answers

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very simple all you had to do was be yourself, don't shy yourself, and wear something that compliments you and makes you feel during the interview.

District Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email (in a week after applying) to set up a phone interview. The questions asked during the interview were very standard, but I blew it on my own. The phone interview was about 20 mins.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Annapolis, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for the Sales Advisor position in the Georgetown and to be honest it was a waste of time. 3 interveiws in 2 months was very tedious. The i applied to the Annapolis location and i got the job on the spot. Very good interveiw, easy going. Just be yourself and you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experince with retail before   1 Answer