H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few hours later asking to chat over the phone. Went through a 10-15 minute phone screening where they asked me about my availability and my resume then got invited to an in-person interview the next day. At the in-person interview I met 2 managers and they asked me pretty basic retail questions. The managers were really chill and made me feel super comfortable. After they interviewed me, they left the room to deliberate for a few minutes and came back to offer me the job and have me fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why H&M?   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a stressful situation you had to deal with at your old job.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about H&M?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Largely based on operational productivity - the interviewer hardly seemed interested in who I was as a person, a leader or results driver. Strictly intersected in how fast you can process shipment and makes sure it gets out on the floor - I wouldn't want to shop for that kind of company.

Interview Questions

• How many units per hour did you process shipment?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Was a group interview. They had some team building exercises that they had us do as well. I think they wanted to see who would be the most vocal or works well with a team.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Phone interview first, pretty basic questions. Face to face interview, learns more about your work history, lets you ask questions about the company and position. Store interview, asks you about the windows, the mannequins, your work experience again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H&M in February 2016.

Interview

I had to reach out to a recruiter on linked to get their attention. I then had a phone interview with some pretty basic questions. Then I waited for a couple of weeks and got a call asking me if I would drive two hours away to a store opening location to meet with a recruiter and do an in person interview. That interview was pretty basic as well. Then I had a call from the district visual manager for another interview. That was basically just me repeating the same answers each previous interviewer had already asked me. Then, about a week later I was asked to go into one of the stores close to me and get interviewed by another visual merchandiser. That interview was really laid back. I had to show my skills and walk the windows, and the store and kind of show what I might change. Then after that interview, a couple weeks later, I got a call asking me to drive two hours away again for another interview. At this point, it was a job offer. It was really inconvenient to drive that far for a job offer when many other people I've talked to were offered the job over the phone. Overall, the interview process took about 3 months which is a little ridiculous considering some of the people in upper management roles who have very little experience. So total, I had 5 interviews (one of which was the job offer).

Interview Questions

• What's an opportunity you've noticed about the company?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Very standard questions. Slow process, took a long time to hear back from them after interview. Did not have the right education nor experience but tried to reach for a dream anyway. Got offered a lower position instead to be able to work my way up and gain experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR department asking me why I am interested in this particular position and if I have a similar experience. They also asked me about my immigration status given that I have a foreign passport.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&M (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I'm going to make this short. There were 3 interviews: the phone interview was basic then I was invited for a 2nd interview with the Visual Manager which was also basic. I had to pull clothes inspired by a look book she gave me, easy. After the 2nd interview I was invited for a 3rd interview with a group. The 3rd interview was a joke. With my 7+ years in visuals this was a wasted of time, not because they didn't offer me the job, but you are next to your competition, and I know that they decided who they were going to hire in the first 10 mins but they had you go through 5 rounds of jumping through hoops. The last two rounds they were just having fun with us, telling us to critique each other.

They said, "this is not the Hunger Games..." but it was clear it was and it was disgusting how they thought this was an effective.

I'm in my 30's and I have worked with top designers in New York and department stores. I only applied here because I was working in another field and want to get back into visuals. I'm glad I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember what all the rounds consisted of but I do remember:
      Build a castle with Legos and keeping the ball moving, Pull clothes for a window, Write 3 positive and 3 negatives attributes of the person next to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I first went through a phone screening, then met with two store managers. We went out for coffee and the interview was very relaxed and I did most of the talking. They were very impressed, so much that they offered me a dept. manager interview instead of visual. I moved forward to the third (management) interview. It was a group interview and different to say the least. I received a call about a week later, it was from another store manager. He asked me to come in for an offer. So far this was the third location that I traveled to. He gave me an offer , and said he would get back to me within two weeks and that I should give me current job my notice. After two weeks I received another call from yet another location. I was given two days to prep for training (which was in another state btw) I received the call on Friday and training started on Monday.

Everything with training went well until my second week!!!! That's when I was told by a trainer that my training was PASS OR FAIL!! Let me also add that this said trainer had NEVER trained anyone before.

Basically they used me for 2 months to do work in this store. It wasn't even my assigned store!! Throughout my training I was constantly reminded that I could fail. I did more sales floor work then training and when I voiced this to my trainer it only made things worst!

Long story short they put so much pressure on me that I asked to go back to the original position that I applied for. I was told that I would have to go through the hiring and application process all over again. However they did offer me a part time sales adviser position.....what a slap in the face. I have over 20 years of retail experience , 15 visual and 5 years management.

At least 9 out of 10 reviews from H&M complain about FAVORITISM!! In my two months with this company I found out the hard way. If they don't like you they just don't like you. Thank God I followed my intuition, and pretty much started looking for other employment by my fifth week. This was by far my worst experience ever in my career. I feel they are dishonest and should disclose the pass or fail process well before they make you an offer. Surprisingly I felt immediate relief when I walked out after the sales advisor talk. I also recommended the company to other friends, but later told them not to waste their time. Sadly this whole ordeal has left such a nasty taste in my mouth, I loved H&M as a brand and that's what initially inspired me to apply. AlsoI found the values that they have posted on their employment website super inspiring. However it's all a dream, lies and a trap. No company would ever treat someone the way that they've treated me and many others whose reviews touch on the same topics

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was fairly easy they gave me what I asked for

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online first at a couple of stores, then I got a email first about moving forward from the recruiter, then two in person interviews. One with the department manager and one with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Why should I receive higher pay?   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Where do I want to move within the company?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received phone call with 30 minute interview. Asked to attend a group visual assessment. The assessment was over 2 hours where we were asked to complete challenges and then present to the panel who was taking notes and observing us.