H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Interview

There was an extremely large pool of applicants, and I knowing someone who worked at the company helped get my resume to the top of the pile. I heard back a couple weeks later and went in for an interview. It was very standard and straight forward. If you speak clearly and positively, you'll do well. In addition to this, dressing well for the interview and knowing current trends is very important.

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

1. Phone call
    2. In person interview
    3. Second in person interview
    4. Offer
    This is the ideal process, meaning you hit all the right marks, answered the questions honestly, as well as prove you have something to contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got a call for a phone interview and after that they invited me for an in store interview. They ask you basic interview questions about past experiences. They said they'd call in 3 days which they did for a second in person interview and when I got to that one they offered me the job.

PT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Apply online at hm.careers . com then they'll call you for a brief over the phone interview about availability and why h&m. Technically, that would be interview 1. Interview 2 is a more personal interview with the HR, and they ask you similar and more in depth questions. Then a third interview is a job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process was expedited since I was referred by an employee. The interviewer asked me questions regarding my customer service skills and previous sales experience. I was notified that I received the job 2 days after my walk in interview.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is upset and trying to return an item but has no receipt, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

3 or 4 rounds of interviews. Very fun and questions are not that challenging. Be sure to make an impression, however. Once you gotten called at least twice or three times, you may most likely be seeing your life at H&M.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with teams?
      How did you overcome a hard obstacle?
      Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Livingston, NJ).

Interview

I met with the store manager and the assistant store manager. We went to the back room of the store, and they asked me various questions about my experiences with customer service, cash handling, and my communication skills with coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to give a manager feedback, and how did you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR department asking me why I am interested in this particular position and if I have a similar experience. They also asked me about my immigration status given that I have a foreign passport.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in January 2017.

Interview

Upon first speaking to the recruiter I was told that I would have 2 phone interviews then an in person interview with someone local (I was applying from out of state). But it never happened. I did 3 phone interviews. And I believe that I was out-casted due to the fact I was out of state, out of mind.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in an applicant?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Process took about 3 to 4 weeks. I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later. Phone screen was about 15 to 20 min basically job history scenario questions. I asked to do a face to face meeting the following week at a panera bread bc the store isn't open yet. Did a face to face then got called for a second face to face same questions as before. Got a phone call a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiations pay is above market rate!