Intuit Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Stony Brook, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview with the help of a recruiter. Video call on blue jeans. Interviewers were really cool. It was a great experience talking to them. Very clear in what they were looking for and asked me questions about my past projects.

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume based, testing me on my Java and Javascript basics.   1 Answer

Mar 27, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing your interview feedback with the Glassdoor community. We're glad you had such a positive experience!

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at a university, after applying through my university's careers website. The interview was two parts, behavioral and technical. The behavioral part focused on your resume-listed achievements, as well as answers to questions like "Tell me a time when..." For me, they wanted examples of times when I embodied Intuit's values which are 1) Be Bold, 2) Be Decisive, etc. The technical part was easier than I expected. Do not worry too much about 100% correct syntax, be sure to explain your thought process clearly to your interviewers, take any hints they try to give you, and be sure to know your data structures and look-up times as they might quiz you on those as well.

I did have to follow up with my recruiter about a week after my interview when I hadn't heard back, but she was quick to respond once I reached out to her.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of numbers and another number, find all pairs in the set that add up to given number.   Answer Question
    • How would you extract all unique members of a set?   Answer Question

Mar 6, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for the review! We are glad you had a positive experience interviewing with us and hope to engage again in the future.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring and interview process was relatively easy and the interviewer was very kind. The recruiter I had at the time was very responsive and helpful. Basically, everything about Intuit made me want to go to the company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in December 2016.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at my university for months, he said he would make sure I got an interview but never followed through. Got an interview through a guy in my neighborhood that works at Intuit. First I took a hackerrank quiz and shortly after received a call saying I did well and that I would be receiving a second round interview. Second interview was over webcam and I solved a couple problems over collabedit or something, I can't remember. An hour or two after that interview I got a call saying I would be receiving a formal offer soon.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of positive and negative integers, find all pairs which add up to a given number   1 Answer
    • Describe how you would implement: a basic list of contacts that supports phone, address, email, contact photos with the following functionality:
      • Add, delete, update, view a contact (with different amounts of info based on view)
      Please write down your answer and include a design or a class diagram.
      1 Answer

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

two rounds - one of behavioral and other technical. Interviewer was rude. It took two days to give them the result.

Interview Questions

• Process didn't seem fair. One coding question anagram with different complexities was asked.Other were on resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty easy process. Applied through my university. The questions were not difficult at all. I just attended my school's career fair and they picked me up for an interview. Entire process took 1 day.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited after submitting my resume to a school info session. Got an e-mail, scheduled two 30-min interviews on campus--one technical, one behavioral.

Technical was simple, was asked more "how do you do this" questions about coding than abstract ones.

Behavioral--very stiff and uncomfortable. It felt very impersonal and the interviewer did not seem into it (no pun intended). Didn't expect to be called back and didn't want to be.

Got a response about 1.5 weeks after my interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, and later was invited for an onsite 2-hr interview. The onsite had a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Some behavioral questions:
    Why Intuit?
    Why software engineer?

Some technical questions (phone & onsite):
    1) Construct a balanced binary search tree from a sorted array
    2) Reverse a linked List
    3) Return the next in order node in a tree using a reference to a single node.
    4) Find the employees with the highest salary (SQL crap)
    5) Find the employees with the highest salary from every department
    6) Implement an LRU cache

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

I had an extremely unprofessional experience with Intuit.
    The hiring manager said I did well on the coding test. Afterwards, the hiring manager reacted rudely and negatively me when she found out about me *politely* and *professionally* declining a offer with Intuit in the past. This is all unprovoked, as I got a call from them just to pass along the insult. I wish she insulted me at least before she asked me to take the test so I wouldn't waste my time or at least gave me a generic rejection.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

code test, then in person on site. take the whole afternoon meeting with 4 persons. the team members are easy to talk with. you can discribe what you have done and they ask question based on that.