Intuit Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.8

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

It was an campus interview with two interviewers. They asked me two technical questions and then there was a behavioral interview which was refreshing because many companies don't care about your personality and how you get along with others.

Interview Questions

• asked how to check what pairs of ints in an array could add up to other elements in an array   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for the great review. Welcome to Intuit!

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2017.

Interview

On campus recruitment fair. Got an invitation for on campus interview the next day.
    Interview is 75 minutes long, consisting of a 30 mins behavioral questions and 45 minutes of technical question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Show us what you worked on in your github.
      2. What do you like about the language you are most comfortable with
      3. Implement a TinyURL encoding system   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for providing a positive review on your interview process with us. We wish you the best in your job search and hope you will consider us later in your career.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

1. Phone call by Recruiter
    2. Technical Phone Screen
    3. 4 Rounds of Technical interview onsite

Met 4 members of the team. Each asked a few technical and coding questions. Whiteboarding in 2 out of 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Q:Develop a sample MVVM application (Based on my experience with WPF)   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2017 – Recuriter

Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Stony Brook, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview with the help of a recruiter. Video call on blue jeans. Interviewers were really cool. It was a great experience talking to them. Very clear in what they were looking for and asked me questions about my past projects.

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume based, testing me on my Java and Javascript basics.   1 Answer

Mar 27, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing your interview feedback with the Glassdoor community. We're glad you had such a positive experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intuit in March 2017.

Interview

Went in through a referral. There was a getting to know you portion of the process, which made it less intimidating and my recruiter was extremely communicative, which made the waiting process feel less stressful. I liked that I was given feedback at every stage and no one was afraid to tell me their real opinions on the company, jobs, and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What technological interests do you have aside from development?   Answer Question

May 24, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing! You feedback helps inform our Glassdoor community. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience every step of the way. Communication is extremely important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at a university, after applying through my university's careers website. The interview was two parts, behavioral and technical. The behavioral part focused on your resume-listed achievements, as well as answers to questions like "Tell me a time when..." For me, they wanted examples of times when I embodied Intuit's values which are 1) Be Bold, 2) Be Decisive, etc. The technical part was easier than I expected. Do not worry too much about 100% correct syntax, be sure to explain your thought process clearly to your interviewers, take any hints they try to give you, and be sure to know your data structures and look-up times as they might quiz you on those as well.

I did have to follow up with my recruiter about a week after my interview when I hadn't heard back, but she was quick to respond once I reached out to her.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of numbers and another number, find all pairs in the set that add up to given number.   Answer Question
    • How would you extract all unique members of a set?   Answer Question

Mar 6, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for the review! We are glad you had a positive experience interviewing with us and hope to engage again in the future.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring and interview process was relatively easy and the interviewer was very kind. The recruiter I had at the time was very responsive and helpful. Basically, everything about Intuit made me want to go to the company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in December 2016.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at my university for months, he said he would make sure I got an interview but never followed through. Got an interview through a guy in my neighborhood that works at Intuit. First I took a hackerrank quiz and shortly after received a call saying I did well and that I would be receiving a second round interview. Second interview was over webcam and I solved a couple problems over collabedit or something, I can't remember. An hour or two after that interview I got a call saying I would be receiving a formal offer soon.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of positive and negative integers, find all pairs which add up to a given number   1 Answer
    • Describe how you would implement: a basic list of contacts that supports phone, address, email, contact photos with the following functionality:
      • Add, delete, update, view a contact (with different amounts of info based on view)
      Please write down your answer and include a design or a class diagram.   1 Answer

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Welcome to the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

two rounds - one of behavioral and other technical. Interviewer was rude. It took two days to give them the result.

Interview Questions

• Process didn't seem fair. One coding question anagram with different complexities was asked.Other were on resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty easy process. Applied through my university. The questions were not difficult at all. I just attended my school's career fair and they picked me up for an interview. Entire process took 1 day.