Intuit Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Contacted by recruited after meeting at career fair. Two round interview process. First round is HR with behavioral questions. Second round was technical interview. Behavioral interview was team building and more of situation type questions. Technical was completely on Data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose questions. Data structures and algorithms.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Interview

Came On Campus. Selected my resume and gave an interview slot during the career fair itself. 2 Interviews - first was technical. A simple coding ques based on multiples of 3,5 to print something. Taking care of multiples of both. Asked to optimize the code. Few ques about projects I did. Second Interview - Asked behaviraol ques. like challenges, being in a leadership role, most innovative project, most proud project, if u are put in a payroll system what all things would you do. No further rounds after this.

Interview Questions

• Nothing serious... basic behavioral and technical ques.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

It starts with a phone interview. Which is 30 minutes, and asked with basic Java CORE questions. Then you get invited for On-site, typical the interview runs about 4-6 hours, some times one interviewer, and some times 2 interviewers, each 30 to 45 minutes long. Questions ranges from Java Core, to J2EE, some spring framework, and ESB, and some architectural questions.

Interview Questions

• The question was:
      Describe a way to design a highly scalable architecture that can freely pass messages between system systems, describe how to control the message flow, how to add security, and how to expand the design for new features. And describe various ways to transform the messages, filter the messages, and how to order the messages so that a sub system can properly order the message to be processed. The gotcha is that the messages will arrive out of order because multiple consumers, and how do you synchronize the processing so that messages can be processed in order.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I talked to them at my university's job fair and was contacted about a week later to schedule an initial 30 minute technical interview. It went pretty well, I was asked things from my resume and small coding questions based on what was from my resume as well (ie. algorithm for Fibonacci sequence, bst, UNIX, etc). I passed that and moved onto a 30-minute behavioral interview about another week later. I heard that normally they do these two back to back, but they did them separately with the technical first in order to interview more people. The behavioral interview asked about leadership experience and teamwork based questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. What could be unexpected are the behavioral questions that are asked, but as long as you prepare some stories of situations you've handled/resolved, it'll be all right.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interviews - one technical, one behavioral. Technical interview included talking about projects on resume, being able to reproduce an algorithm from said projects. Trivia questions based on skillsets/technologies mentioned on resume. Technical question involved implementing the Fibonacci sequence algorithm.

Behavioral question based on reasons why to work at the company, leadership-based questions, culture-fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected - asking about very particular git commands.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First, there were two phone screens. The phone screens asked mostly behavioral and fit questions with a little bit of technical questions. Then there was an onsite interview with four engineers covering both behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They had their own made-up question that you will never expect, and that question really tested your logic. I don't think I'm allowed to share it here.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

applied through college job fair, received mail saying I was invited to interview, applied online on company website as told.
    scheduled on campus interview.
    two interviews, half an hour each, back-to-back interviews, one behavioral and one technical.
    separate interviewers.

Interview Questions

• The 'coding' problem was super easy but there were some terminology questions that took me by surprise   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Since I was introduced to Intuit by sort-of-a referral, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an on-site interview first thing. I was interviewed by the team I would be working with, which meant five back-to-back 45-minute interviews which each team member. There were four technical interviews, and one behavioral interview. All of my interviewers were very nice, understanding, and encouraging as I went through solving their technical questions. Intuit also provided me with lunch.

Interview Questions

• - Product design
      - Wireframing   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in August 2014.

Interview

You need to apply online. Then if you are selected you will get a link to apply for a specific position on their portal. Initial screening is mostly Domain knowledge, Java, your past experience. 4-5 rounds of interview for full time.

Interview Questions

• Some data structures problems. They ask few puzzles too. Be prepared for lots of technology specific questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had first round of interview on phone, it was quite easy regarding what have you done so far.