Intuit Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.9

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an email from and talked to a recruiter about a position he found that was more of a fit and not what I applied for. I thought that was great--I would be an even stronger candidate. But then I never heard from the recruiter again, not even after a follow-up email. All together, probably 2 hours of my life wasted.

Oct 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thanks for sharing this. If you'd like to provide any more context, please email us at candidate_care@intuit.com .. we hope you will still consider Intuit in the future!

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied during the company's info session. Completed one online assessment which consists of one coding problem. Then I got a video interview through Karat. During the interview, we briefly went through my resume and then started solving coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest common subarray between two arrays of strings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The final round consists of 3 parts: behavior questions, a design question, and algorithm questions. The design and algorithm questions are difficult for me, maybe because I am not good enough for this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit in November 2017.

Interview

* Unprofessional recruiters - They call you without prior notice. They do not respond to your email or phone calls. If you don't wish someone to call you, why share your number? I couldn't reach out to my recruiter when I had serious technical problem during my interview. Whom am I supposed to reach out to?

* Scheduling of the final interviews was extremely bad. You can't expect people to give final interviews with just 24 hours of notice. The recruiter disappeared after I could not schedule my interview immediately.

* The final interview was extremely hurried (after one of the interviewer could not connect to the interview for a good 15 minutes). They kept on pushing me write code before I could come up with a solution. The difficulty of the interview also varies wildly.

Nov 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thanks for providing this feedback to us. A lot of this feedback sounds very abnormal, so we apologize for your negative experience. Please consider providing more feedback to us by emailing... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter, online assessment, video interview by karat, phone interview by manager, phone interview for tech, onsite .
    Totally negative experience with Intuit. I have taken 5 round of phone/video/online interview before I got the onsite. I never had so many round before the onsite, and more surprisingly, I was asked to prepare a presentation(Never heard about it for SED interview) and I also need to do a project according to their requirement. These are so wired I should give up as early as possible. But I wasted so many time to take all these phone interview, prepare for the presentation, coding project...On the day of onsite, only after I present my project I was asked to leave because I am too junior and they are looking for senior level. Actually I applied for SDE position which is a entry level but the recruiter send me senior SDE JD. But they still asked me go through so many round and asked me to prepare ppt and project and I take one day off to drive 1 hour to the onsite and present for 1 hour and was asked to leave! They really don't care about wasting others time, very irrespective.
    I should notice that almost all the senior SED interview experience in Glassdoor has no offer, I should give up at the time I feel wired about the interview process. So pity about the time I wasted for Intuit.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a API and do a demo. prepare a PPT to present your project at work.   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing this review and we're sorry it was a negative experience with us. Please email us directly at candidate_care@intuit.com if you'd like to provide any more feedback to us. We... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a coding challenge on HackerRank, a phone screen with a recruiter, and then an interview at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The recruiter did not call me at the time we had set up for the interview and had to reschedule with me. My final round interviewers behaved very unprofessionally - both of them unexpectedly stepped out for 5 minutes during my 45 minute interview, and they did not let me flesh out a thought process without interrupting me multiple times.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we're sorry you had a negative experience. If you'd like to provide more details to us, please email us at candidate_care@intuit.com. We are... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

On campus interview. Had 2 interviewers at the same time. Asked about background experience (previous jobs and projects), then moved on to technical questions. Got back to me about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Without going too much into detail, one was a tree traversal problem and a bit of dynamic programming or recursion.
      Other was a design problem, possibly looking to see your understanding of Java classes, polymorphism, and all that.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a coding challenge a few weeks later. Was contacted for a technical phone interview a few weeks after completing the coding challenge. Had a behavioral phone interview after a few weeks and received an offer about a week after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First OA. Then first video interview where I was asked about my background, interest, how i did my OA, and then a trivial problem with two follow up. The interview was not conducted directly by Intuit staff.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in October 2017.

Interview

I did an online test through a platform named Karatat first, then move forward to a phone screen interview with people from Karat. It's said they have adopt a new hiring process this year to corporate with Karat, the screen interview is recorded and will be evaluated with people from Intuit. I received no feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions

• A medium coding/algorithm question + follow up question   1 Answer