JetBlue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JetBlue Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

I applied on Jan. 1, the process took a couple of weeks. on Feb.17 I received an invite to the online video interview. march 1, I received another email inviting me to a blue review in long island, new york. the video questionnaire only had four questions and it was time. down below I put "NO OFFER" my interview is March 29th. I am so excited, Definitely will be spending my time here on glassdoor.

Ground Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online for PART-TIME and waited about a week for an email response, was told they were waiting to assemble a large enough pool for group interviews. Several MONTHS later I was contacted for group interviews. The presentation was fun and informative, they introduced the heads of GO and AO (Ground/Airport Operations) and they briefly explained the daily aspects of the job. Then we broke off into smaller groups (4-5 people) for more intimate interviews. Standard questions. A week or so later I was sent an email stating that if I were interested in going full time I was hired, if not I'd have to restart the process as they were no longer accepting part timers. Colossal waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Will you have any issues with the physicality of the work? (Being on your feet and having to lift, push, pull, large objects)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

February 7 2017 posted online
    Received email saying they received it
    June 14 phone interview invitation
    June 16 face to face invitation
    June 30 f2f : Hours after f2f, received a welcome aboard email from B6
    July 5 background check email, fingerprint application and drug test paper
    July 11 fingerprint taken

The overall process has been so positive. The interview didn't feel like one due to it being so friendly and a family like setting. Remember to smile and converse with candidates there. Make sure you know JetBlue history as well.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview
      What do you like about your current or previous position

What do you like least

Name A time when you went above and beyond

Are you flexible within all 7 days of the week

What do you know about JetBlue n why u agree with it

F2f

Go over your resume

Time you were most satisfied with your job

Had a conflict with a coworker

Why JetBlue

Time you went above and beyond   Answer Question

Reservationist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

Hiring took a long time, so if it's something you are really interested in, be patient. They get a lot of applications and hire a small percentage of applicants. You are asked to do a short online survey, followed by an online assessment to see how you interpret information and your ability to follow instructions. After a few weeks you are offered an interview date. The interview was done in a small group, where each prospective employee was asked different questions and asked to give specific examples of past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a specific experience when you needed to help a customer who was very unsatisfied. What did you do and how did it turn out?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

Two on one interview. One techops rep and one HR rep. You are called for a brief interview over the phone that lasts ten minutes. Know the company's backround and fleet. If you pass you take a test which covers rvsm, cat II, and ata codes. Once that is over with and you passed you will do a face to face interview with an HR rep and a techops rep.

They ask situational questions which should be answered in STAR method, and technical questions relating to Aircraft maintenance.

Payroll Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

about 15 minutes phone call, asked some regular questions like why this company, went through the resume, talked about the work experiences. the interview was quite easy although i did not get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I went to the interview a few days ago...therefore, I am waiting for an offer...I am staying Positive!

Wonderful people, very friendly, nice and kind Inflight Crew. There were about 15 to 20 crew members at the interview site. You check-in first, and start making a line to go inside the conference room and while you wait you are entertained with beautiful real life anecdotes by an inflight crew member, you are also in line to get you finger prints taken (you have to have your passport and another government ID). The passport check happens at your initial check in, before you receive your name tag, there is a crew member checking your passport and asks you sign in before you receive your name in a plastic badge....

Second, you will enter the salon-conference room and sit down along with the people in your immediate vicinity, you are then welcomed by the inflight crew and they do a great job at putting everyone more relaxed and not be so nervous...they were well chosen...all are smiling and it truly shows that they love their assignments---recruiting and interviewing are special assignments for the inflight crew.

next..you are asked to do a group project...will not discuss, it is best you are yourself and try to work with the group, listen to others in your group, do not be dismissive of their ideas, be respectful of their inputs, and participate...every little thing helps, Everyone is being graded...try and be the best you.

we are then asked to take a 10 minute break...(use the bathroom and check appearance and introduce yourself to the other candidates) make friends.

Come back early and look at your watch to ensure you are there before the 10 minute period has expired...the inflight crew play videos for you...I had already seen all the videos since I Youtube all of JetBlue's info...The interviewee is asked what they thought of the videos and many had great award winning comments...

I believe they give you a 20 minutes, return from the break and the company, pay, and culture is explained in as much detail they can, especially for the interviewee that has no idea of what a Flight Attendants job and schedule look like, pay and benefits look great and there are two types of pay..depending if you want to be paid for the hours you actually work or choose to be paid the hours that they said they will pay you even if you do not reach does exact hours...

Lunch break? then you come back and asked to make lines for the debrief ( your accomplishments and discussion of resume), the line for interview where your customer service questions are asked of you...know the STAR method of answering questions and answer with as much Details as you can, and be the best you...You are already great, you made it to the interview.

Other lines / tests are the reach test, the Public Announcement test ( read a paragraph out-loud),
    if you have not finished your finger prints..wait on the line for that, also...if you speak Spanish or want to try the Language test, do it...and go for it.

Best of luck...to you, remember, they liked what they saw on the (Application, the Resume you sent, you answered survey questions after that, then you did a video interview and they like you) after all of this you have been invited to a Blue Review---the face to face interview...now go get it...and be wonderful.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on February 6, 2017 and then got an email saying they wanted to give me a phone interview in may. But idk why they mail was going in my junk so luckily I got a reminder email and so that and so so shocked. I did the phone interview and within a few minutes got an email to come to JetBlue's headquarters in Long Island City for an interview from 10am-5pm. When I first went everyone sat in a room where, all the staff introduced themselves and the positions where they work, And then we watched videos about jetBlue & it's fleet history. And also learned about pay and how orientation and the whole offer process works. After that we then went in the break room where they started to call everyone for one on one interviews, the process took 3 hours which was long, but they do observe you while your sitting there.Make sure you are ALWAYS SMILING, not by yourself in a corner, make sure you talk to the people around you and make conversation because they watch for that also, The staff was so nice , friendly and entertaining they made me laugh the whole day. They didn't drug test us or anything. I said No that I didn't get an Offer because they said I will know by Monday, so my fingers are crossed.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions they asked where all from the phone interview.   23 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Completed my initial application in January then was sent a Follow up questionnaire about two days after to which I completed immediately upon receipt within a couple days I was invited to complete the Video Interview. Upon completion of the video interview within a month I was invited for a Blue Review. At the Blue Review we all completed our fingerprints did a reach test, read an announcement and was inspected for dress code adherence which was also sent when invited for the Blue Review. The interview consisted of introduction of their team to us and they are an amazing team that looks like all one big family, the unity and cohesiveness shown by all members was just remarkable and they instantly make everyone feel comfortable. Our first task was a group activity where we are handed a list with about 8 questions where we are to each choose a question introduced ourselves and answer the questions. Simple questions such as choosing an entertainer to entertain guests in the airport lounge when flights are delayed or choose a designer for the uniforms or choose a movie to be added to the gallery or choose a restaurant to add catering or maybe choose a team they can sponsor and beyond this you need to say why you made those choices. While doing the group activities you are being judged on how you participate and how you present. Next step is moving into the one and one interviews then a debriefing session. Then you are sent home to wait on a CJO. But the overall process is smooth and organized. This is the only company I've seen that shows you are a valued person and you are wanted as a part of their team. Their entire process was as if we the applicants are doing them a huge favor just by showing up for the interview which is so humbling. The process makes you strive to do your best to be a part of their Organization. I've never seen another Organization with a more humble approach than JetBlue. Awesome company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable set offer