JetBlue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2018

2.7

Aircraft Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied July 1st, Got the call August 29th. Amazing process, Phone interview, then took a test, then had a panel interview. This was the best interview process I have ever experienced.

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their website in Nov of 2013, received a phone call/ phone interview in Jan 2014, passed that and was set up for another interview in Feb 2014 were I was to take a mechanical aptitude test first and if I passed I would proceed to the finger printing and drug testing. After that in the same day I sat down with a panel of three managers and had the panel interview. That was not your typical interview. The questions were complex and the answered were to be in detail. I left the interview and was called two days later with confirmation I was hired. I was then sent an offer letter a week later and it was then official. If you are a mechanic KNOW your stuff! Jetblue management team knows what they are looking for and you must be a complete package, skills, good reasoning, good personality and culture.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few questions asked. Examples... Name a time when your integrity could have been compromised, how and why. Name a time when a coworker needed help and did and how did you help them. Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer. Name your greatest achievement and why did you choose that answer. If you saw something that a coworker was doing and you knew it was wrong would you confront them and or let management know about the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

Two on one interview. One techops rep and one HR rep. You are called for a brief interview over the phone that lasts ten minutes. Know the company's backround and fleet. If you pass you take a test which covers rvsm, cat II, and ata codes. Once that is over with and you passed you will do a face to face interview with an HR rep and a techops rep.

They ask situational questions which should be answered in STAR method, and technical questions relating to Aircraft maintenance.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone recorded interview five basic questions. Second phone interview hr person third interview group interview . Research company be prepared on why you want to work there. Have interesting facts about yourself when you are introduce yourself to panel

Interview Questions

• What you knew about JetBlue   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a phone interview, and a face to face. Then a surprise 3 phone interview conducted by someone with the company for 2 weeks and was just breaking into the field.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then in person interview with manager, then with director

Interview Questions

• Some questions about the business partner I would be working with that I had never heard of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I got $5K more than they offered by negotiating for it. This was unusual, but I had a better manager than most get at JB

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

phone interview, onsite interview with 3 managers, took half a year from start to finish

Interview Questions

• need to know how to think logically and communicate clearly. they want to know your thought process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

airlines don't pay very well, not much bargain room

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JetBlue in April 2015.

Interview

Very Quick phone interview. I still have not heard back so I am assuming they have proceeded with a different candidate. The questions were basic get to know you questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call about a month after the posting end date. Interviewed with the recruiter and the hiring manager. They explained the position, and asked me about my experience. After that the recruiter had a few pages of behavioral questions. After that interview, I received a call back, stated I was in the final two, and if I could come in the following day to meet with the senior analyst and the heavy maintenance manager. When I was downstairs waiting, I realized I was sitting next to the other finalist. They call to get finger printed, and did reference check on both of us. I was first to get called in to meet with the senior analyst and heavy maintenance manager.
    As soon as the senior analyst saw me, she didn't like me. She was one of those competitive asian girls that thinks she knows it all. I knew I wasn't going to get the job, should of just walked out but I finished the interview and politely left. I knew I wasn't going to get the job. Received an email a week or so later stating I wasn't selected and they will not be moving forward.

Sometimes you win and get to interview with wonderful people, sometimes you meet not so nice people. I know not all jet blue employees are like her.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screening by HR.
    Three weeks later: face-to-face interview with supervisor and manager, with presentation and explanation of portfolio.
    Three days later: one hour "surprise" test.
    Three weeks later: second interview with HR.
    Drug test.

Interview Questions

• Scenario-type questions (how would I react in difficult situations).   Answer Question
    • How did I acquire my skills.   Answer Question
    • From the 5 company values, with which one I identify the most and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried but there was no negotiation on their part.