JetBlue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

I applied on Jan. 1, the process took a couple of weeks. on Feb.17 I received an invite to the online video interview. march 1, I received another email inviting me to a blue review in long island, new york. the video questionnaire only had four questions and it was time. down below I put "NO OFFER" my interview is March 29th. I am so excited, Definitely will be spending my time here on glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JetBlue (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on line- phone interview where a robot asked you questions and your answers are recorded for getting reviewed. Received an email to go to an interview. It was a group interview we entered in a conference room where a different staffs were here and introduced themselves and what are their positions. After each candidates have to stand up and introduce themselves, by answering three questions: What s your name? Why you want to join jet blue and tell a fun fact about you? .... ( i think this is at this moment they start picturing who they might hire). Once done, we watched a video introducing the company, benefits, process of hiring... after a 10 minutes break where we were asked to leave the conference room, they called us for the interview f2f... which i had with two others candidates as the same time, we were 3 in front of two interviewers, ( pretty awkward!!!). Of all the tables, two were with 3 candidates and 4 were with two candidates ( why such a difference, who knows?). At the end of the interview, you were thanked. Two days after i received an email that I was not chosen for further process.

I strongly suspect the recruiters already decided before getting interviewed after the 10 minutes break that they will not hire us because why they made it harder by putting put 3 of us together to get interviewed at the same time, ( 2 tables like that) and the rest of the candidates interviewed by pair...

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an angry passenger or a member of your team? Give example   Answer Question
    • Give us some example where you go beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Ground Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online for PART-TIME and waited about a week for an email response, was told they were waiting to assemble a large enough pool for group interviews. Several MONTHS later I was contacted for group interviews. The presentation was fun and informative, they introduced the heads of GO and AO (Ground/Airport Operations) and they briefly explained the daily aspects of the job. Then we broke off into smaller groups (4-5 people) for more intimate interviews. Standard questions. A week or so later I was sent an email stating that if I were interested in going full time I was hired, if not I'd have to restart the process as they were no longer accepting part timers. Colossal waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Will you have any issues with the physicality of the work? (Being on your feet and having to lift, push, pull, large objects)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

February 7 2017 posted online
    Received email saying they received it
    June 14 phone interview invitation
    June 16 face to face invitation
    June 30 f2f : Hours after f2f, received a welcome aboard email from B6
    July 5 background check email, fingerprint application and drug test paper
    July 11 fingerprint taken

The overall process has been so positive. The interview didn't feel like one due to it being so friendly and a family like setting. Remember to smile and converse with candidates there. Make sure you know JetBlue history as well.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview
      What do you like about your current or previous position

What do you like least

Name A time when you went above and beyond

Are you flexible within all 7 days of the week

What do you know about JetBlue n why u agree with it

F2f

Go over your resume

Time you were most satisfied with your job

Had a conflict with a coworker

Why JetBlue

Time you went above and beyond   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Reservationist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

Hiring took a long time, so if it's something you are really interested in, be patient. They get a lot of applications and hire a small percentage of applicants. You are asked to do a short online survey, followed by an online assessment to see how you interpret information and your ability to follow instructions. After a few weeks you are offered an interview date. The interview was done in a small group, where each prospective employee was asked different questions and asked to give specific examples of past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a specific experience when you needed to help a customer who was very unsatisfied. What did you do and how did it turn out?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

Two on one interview. One techops rep and one HR rep. You are called for a brief interview over the phone that lasts ten minutes. Know the company's backround and fleet. If you pass you take a test which covers rvsm, cat II, and ata codes. Once that is over with and you passed you will do a face to face interview with an HR rep and a techops rep.

They ask situational questions which should be answered in STAR method, and technical questions relating to Aircraft maintenance.

Payroll Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

about 15 minutes phone call, asked some regular questions like why this company, went through the resume, talked about the work experiences. the interview was quite easy although i did not get the offer.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Completed my initial application in January then was sent a Follow up questionnaire about two days after to which I completed immediately upon receipt within a couple days I was invited to complete the Video Interview. Upon completion of the video interview within a month I was invited for a Blue Review. At the Blue Review we all completed our fingerprints did a reach test, read an announcement and was inspected for dress code adherence which was also sent when invited for the Blue Review. The interview consisted of introduction of their team to us and they are an amazing team that looks like all one big family, the unity and cohesiveness shown by all members was just remarkable and they instantly make everyone feel comfortable. Our first task was a group activity where we are handed a list with about 8 questions where we are to each choose a question introduced ourselves and answer the questions. Simple questions such as choosing an entertainer to entertain guests in the airport lounge when flights are delayed or choose a designer for the uniforms or choose a movie to be added to the gallery or choose a restaurant to add catering or maybe choose a team they can sponsor and beyond this you need to say why you made those choices. While doing the group activities you are being judged on how you participate and how you present. Next step is moving into the one and one interviews then a debriefing session. Then you are sent home to wait on a CJO. But the overall process is smooth and organized. This is the only company I've seen that shows you are a valued person and you are wanted as a part of their team. Their entire process was as if we the applicants are doing them a huge favor just by showing up for the interview which is so humbling. The process makes you strive to do your best to be a part of their Organization. I've never seen another Organization with a more humble approach than JetBlue. Awesome company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable set offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on February 6, 2017 and then got an email saying they wanted to give me a phone interview in may. But idk why they mail was going in my junk so luckily I got a reminder email and so that and so so shocked. I did the phone interview and within a few minutes got an email to come to JetBlue's headquarters in Long Island City for an interview from 10am-5pm. When I first went everyone sat in a room where, all the staff introduced themselves and the positions where they work, And then we watched videos about jetBlue & it's fleet history. And also learned about pay and how orientation and the whole offer process works. After that we then went in the break room where they started to call everyone for one on one interviews, the process took 3 hours which was long, but they do observe you while your sitting there.Make sure you are ALWAYS SMILING, not by yourself in a corner, make sure you talk to the people around you and make conversation because they watch for that also, The staff was so nice , friendly and entertaining they made me laugh the whole day. They didn't drug test us or anything. I said No that I didn't get an Offer because they said I will know by Monday, so my fingers are crossed.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions they asked where all from the phone interview.   23 Answers