Find jobs for SAT/ACT Tutor

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Kaplan SAT/ACT Tutor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 519 interviews

Interviews at Kaplan

Positive67%
Neutral33%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Diamond Bar, CA) in Mar 2016

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted next morning and advanced to the next step. For this step I had to record two two-minute clips depicting how I would teach a class. Contacted again in two days and moved to the next step which was an online interview. Contacted me in two days saying I would not get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why Kaplan?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Atlanta, GA) in Feb 2015

Interview

Filled out application, and was invited to do the online interview. You are asked to answer two questions, and then you have to teach two problems and record yourself. The application is a bit tricky, and they only give you two tries per question. The first question I didn't realize they had sent me the problems ahead of time so I just stared at the screen, waiting for the question to pop up. Ended up okay--I used a chalkboard I have in my room to demonstrate what I was teaching. They're really big on the "ask as many questions as possible" thing, so make sure to pretend you have an audience and ask questions such as "what's the first step you would take?" or "how did you get to that answer billy?". Next I was invited to a Skype interview with a woman that took about ten minutes. We pretty much just talked over my resume. Last interview was also Skype, and I had to teach problems (they give you ahead of time) to the interviewer. She was really nice, and pretty much said this part of the interview is just to make sure you're not incompetent. I was given an offer via Skype.

Interview Questions
  • There are going to be kids there whose parents are making them be there. What is a way you can motivate them to try harder and be interested in the class?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Kaplan