Kmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018
1,058 Interview Reviews

1.8

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Interview with one HR person, went pretty quickly. Make sure to call a day or so after submitting your application--this made the process a lot quicker for me as some of my coworkers did not call and it took them a couple more weeks to get hired

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Interview

Very straight-forward interview process. Applied online, received a call 1 week later and asked to come in next day for interview. Interview lasted around 30 minutes, with basic questions regarding customer service experience and why I wanted the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

I had two interviews, first with human resources, then with human resources and the supervisor. The interviews were fairly easy. After interviewing and being hired, I did an online evaluation.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Ocala, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Had interview with HR manager she was very nice and professional we had the interview at the end of one of the empty cash registers I spoke with her several times on the phone and she said she felt like she knew me forever which was nice she started off saying she had every intention on hiring me based off our previous conversations and my dedication for getting the job during their stressful holiday season as i applied during seasonal time but she wanted to give me a permanent position. She said she could tell right away I was a warm engaging people person and that I would fit right in! I was hired on the spot.

Asked availability
    What I look for in a manager
    Noted my previous cashier experience
    Asked what position I wanted
    What I could bring to Kmart and why Id be a good cashier at Kmart

8.25$ hr .
    Direct deposit or pay card
    Briefed on discounts
    Discussed emails she would send regarding back ground check and onboarding

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to Kmart? Why kmart?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability?   1 Answer
    • What do you look for in a manager?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Passed two interviews, then came in for the signing of the contract. They were friendly, made me feel at home, and asked at what department I wanted to work. I wanted something related to food and they had a cafeteria, so I went for that.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask much since they were pretty content with my study abroad program and college degree/GPA. They wanted someone with higher education and calm demeanor to treat customers well.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I got group interviewed with a bunch of high school kids and we all got asked the same question and we would all have to give an answer even if you just said "same thing" they were alright with that. HR more put off an "I want to be your friend" vibe instead of an "I'm your boss vibe."

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time at your previous job where a customer had a complaint and/or problem and how you solved it?   1 Answer

Service Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Watertown, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was lengthy. Wages, uniform policy was reviewed, training processes were reviewed. Offer was given at the end of the interview so there was no need to wait around for a call. Drug test had to be done within 48 hours of receiving email offer. Hiring process was streamlined due to need for associates. Pay is weekly. Direct deposit offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

It took 2 weeks after applying online but I finally got to go in for an interview and they hired me on the spot. The HR lady was really nice and her questions were stereotypical but easy to answer.

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Baldwin Park, CA).

Interview

They didn’t ask about me they just gave me a paper with questions that I had to fill out, and after that they just told me when I would start.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

1. Direct contact from HR associate via phone call;
    2. Scheduled face to face interview for next day;
    3. Interviewed face to face for approximately 1 hour; an interview experience I would describe as an easy-going and comfortable meet and greet/ getting to know you/ friendly conversation, with interview questioning throughout;
    4. Direct contact via phone call and email regarding decision made; including next steps if position is offered