Kmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017
1,045 Interview Reviews

1.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Passed two interviews, then came in for the signing of the contract. They were friendly, made me feel at home, and asked at what department I wanted to work. I wanted something related to food and they had a cafeteria, so I went for that.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask much since they were pretty content with my study abroad program and college degree/GPA. They wanted someone with higher education and calm demeanor to treat customers well.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I got group interviewed with a bunch of high school kids and we all got asked the same question and we would all have to give an answer even if you just said "same thing" they were alright with that. HR more put off an "I want to be your friend" vibe instead of an "I'm your boss vibe."

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time at your previous job where a customer had a complaint and/or problem and how you solved it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Baldwin Park, CA).

Interview

They didn’t ask about me they just gave me a paper with questions that I had to fill out, and after that they just told me when I would start.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

It took 2 weeks after applying online but I finally got to go in for an interview and they hired me on the spot. The HR lady was really nice and her questions were stereotypical but easy to answer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

1. Direct contact from HR associate via phone call;
    2. Scheduled face to face interview for next day;
    3. Interviewed face to face for approximately 1 hour; an interview experience I would describe as an easy-going and comfortable meet and greet/ getting to know you/ friendly conversation, with interview questioning throughout;
    4. Direct contact via phone call and email regarding decision made; including next steps if position is offered

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kmart in October 2017.

Interview

I applied got a call back a week later for a interview. At the interview it lasted no more then 5 mins she asked me simple questions like my availability she didn’t ask me must about my resume no resume questions either and told me what I would be doing and told me I would be getting a email in two days about the next time. I was hired on the spot so have to go through the next steps

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallmadge, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Tallmadge, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

They had an Hiring Event at all locations for Kmart and Sears. I applied on careerbuilder.com and I got an email saying that they are having an hiring event. So I went and I got interviewed and told the lady about my experiences with different jobs I worked for and she asked me what was my availability. I told her that I was open and I also told her I can work in any departments as well, so kept saying that I got the job. I got multiple emails about my job offer. Now I'm just waiting on my new hire emails. So everything went fine

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

It took probably 10 minutes , basic interview questions , I was told I got the job and immediately went to take a drug test following my interview. I went back a few days later for orientation and started work the following week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a problem and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Filled out application and got a call one week after. During interview I was offered a job for Sales Floor Associate which I accepted. After background check and drug test were done I started orientation the next week. (3 weeks process)
    4 hours of orientation one day, next day 2 hours of training video. Without completely finishing training I was pulled to the sales floor and started folding woman's shirt and did go backs for thw rest of the day.

Interview Questions

• What was your past work experience like?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arroyo Grande, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kmart (Arroyo Grande, CA).

Interview

It was a normal typical interview. It was a lifetime ago I don't remember anything not one thing about it. The only thing I remember was watching videos before I started to work