Kmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2018
1,078 Interview Reviews

1.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

A phone interview was done before an official group interview, not many questions asked during both. Standard sales questions and how to handle customers. They ask if you are willing to help with other parts of the store like stocking shelves or working in the back unloading merchandise. Process was fast and got a call back 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Very easy and quick. Got straight to the point, they had a positive attitude throughout the whole interview process. I recommend this job simply for hiring on the spot especially as my first job.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Columbia, PA).

Interview

The interview was pretty simple with typical interview questions, nothing from left field. I applied online and had to do some skills testing. The hiring process was simple and laid out pretty clearly. Had to come in for a couple days of online training, then started on the floor.

Interview Questions

• How were you able to assist your team members in a past job?   1 Answer

Cashiering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glassboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Glassboro, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and their were no questions that I was not able to answer to the best of my ability. The hiring process was also done quickly and was asked to immediately start.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next week to interview. Only one interview and asked simple behavioral questions. They are big on customer service and delivering excellent service.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart in March 2018.

Interview

I was asked questions regarding my work history, handling customer situations, etc. Then I was asked about availability, hours, payscale. It was generally an open conversation with the manager, they were more interested in reading me a person instead of working off of a formal interview sheet like some retail managers are required to do. Overall it was totally a low-stress experience. A little confidence goes a long way here!

Customer Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewing process was fast and she was very friendly, imformative, and punctual. She asked me about my availability and skills that would be helpful to this Job. I also was informed about company policy, what kind of shifts they have available and etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience dealing with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Poughkeepsie, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Michelle was very nice, she asked me straight forward questions. She looked through my resume and asked about my previous work experiences. She asked about me as a person as well, to see if my profile would fit the role.

Interview Questions

• What roles did you have in your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Got a call for an interview. I was mostly asked questions about my availability and HR walked through steps of filling out I-9 and W-2 info on their computer. Was pretty much offered the job without any questions about my skills or qualifications.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Interview with one HR person, went pretty quickly. Make sure to call a day or so after submitting your application--this made the process a lot quicker for me as some of my coworkers did not call and it took them a couple more weeks to get hired

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question