MRI Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MRI Software Interview Questions

Interviews at MRI Software

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy up front process. The IQ test and personality profile that others have mentioned takes about 2 hours before the interview, then you have to take another round in person if you make it to the second, in-person interview. Like others, I was confused as to the value of this.

In the actual development working area it seems they've tried to really implement a full-bore agile process. There is no privacy at all as it is a completely open workspace. There were some rooms where I was told people could go to work things out, but they were all empty where I was there. Quality of machines/workspace looked to be average at best. There is a team of "coaches" that I was unsure what their real purpose was.

Interview Questions

• The IQ test had a section with word math problems on things like proportions. The longer you've been out of high school, the harder that section likely will be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

After I submitted a resume I was emailed an IQ test. Could not figure out what the purpose would be for an IQ test for the position that I applied for. If I was to not pass this phase and someone who was unqualified for this position should get lucky and do better, would that make them more qualified??

Interview Questions

• What is the next letter in the following sequence: AA,BB,CC   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview initially. Then they ask you to take an easy test online in which you just answer as many questions as possible in 15 minutes or something. It is relevant so don't blow it off. If you do well on relevant past projects and the test they will have you come in for an interview. I came in and took the test a second time before my interview with Product Development Managers.

They didn't ask any technical questions at all. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects you have worked on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for 3k more and they gave it to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MRI Software (Cleveland, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled by email. Would not call it a screening because recruiter asked several questions that were not only the typical personality, job history, salary expectation, and personal situation questions; she also asked technical job-related questions (see below). Felt very intense for a seemingly low-paying, entry-level job. She gave extensive answers to my questions about the job and work culture. Got an automated response 1.5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with development life cycles? Do you prefer Agile or Waterfall, and why?   Answer Question
    • Do you like front-end or back-end development more? Why?   Answer Question
    • What projects have you done outside of school or work to practice your skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Follow same steps as Full timers: Phone interview --> online assessment --> in-person and do assessment in person. As an intern interviewed in Fall, didn't hear back for final results till spring before summer internship. Overall took a few months but from what I know they normally span a month or two for the average full-timer.

Interview Questions

• Soft-skills along the lines of "name a time you had a team member who didn't pull his weight".   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for a different position and then was immediately contacted about whether I’d like to be considered for the SE position as well. I said yes and was sent the personality quiz and iq test to complete.

After that, we moved forward with the phone interview, which was just a basic screening. During the call, it seemed like she held it against me that I initially applied for an unrelated position. A week later, I got the email that they’re pursuing other candidates.

Based on this and some of the others I’ve read on here, I get the indication that MRI has no value for your time as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• IQ test was similar to others you can find online for free.   Answer Question

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitting application online. Company then contacts you by email to take their online assessment test. No calculators or outside help. 15 min test 50 questions. To beat this test and get you the job video tape the test or somehow record it because you will have to take it again when you go for an onsite interview. On avg. you will get to question 30 to 35. But another way to get a higher score is once you have about 2mins left just answer all C or B or A for the rest of the questions. Try to answer them all. Make sure you do the same thing when you do the test onsite. A sample questions are: What is 50% of 75% of 60? Shape pattens, number patterns, compare 2 sentences find the misspelled words. HR will give you a tour of the building make sure you comment on how open and colorful is.(stroke their ego) Be prepared to ask them more questions then they ask you. Goals, training, software, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you get 12 hours of work done in a 8 hour day?   2 Answers

Negotiation

negotiate wage. Starting wage to ask for is between 50k-60K depending on experience.

Software Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software in March 2013.

Interview

After a phone interview with a recruiter, I was brought in for an onsite interview. Upon entering the environment, it was a large building but very quiet. I was taken back to a room with a computer by one of the recruiters where I took a test. There were math and reasoning questions. Following this I spoke with a few managers and toured the building. Including an onsite gym and cafeteria.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

They want people with relatively high IQs. There's a test online they have you do twice. Once after the first phone interview and once the day of your onsite interview. This test is the basis of your employment. It consists of simple math(without a calculator) and some english questions. Do well and you're in.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions.
      They just want to get a basis for who you are and if you'll work well with a team.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview

Online assessment. Take me 2 hours. As mentioned above, I do not know the purpose of this. Then after a week, they say they prefer others.