NBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBC Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC.

Interview

I applied for an intern role in the fall semester. I moved forward to the video interview round (you answer the questions that show up in the screen, essentially you are talking to yourself). I was very shaken so that is probably why I didn't here back. Then I re-applied for spring semester and re-vamped my whole resume, in the hopes of getting to re-do my video interview because I am so passionate about the company. Hopefully, one day I will get it. My recommendations is to practice practice practice in the mirror!!

Interview Questions

• Explain why you want to work in this particular position at the company   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through college, got an email and given a date for interview on campus but could not make it due to grace hopper. Was told that they would be at GHC, and left at that.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBC (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to NBC online and heard back about a week later. A recruiter will contact you directly if you are considered. The first stage is the video interview which is very awkward since you are talking to a video screen. You have 48 hours to submit your interview upon invitation and about 2 minutes to answer questions. Since this was my first time experiencing a recorded video interview, I didn't know what to expect and it definitely wasn't a shining moment for me. I did not get a follow up (and I'm not surprised I didn't), but it's understandable that NBC will select the most qualified/best candidates due to the high volume of applicants.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience has prepared you for an internship at NBCUniversal?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what are the three top news stories (can be global, national, or local)?   Answer Question
    • What NBC content do you consume regularly?   Answer Question

Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBC.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter within a couple of days of applying. We scheduled a 15 minute phone screen, which went really well. The recruiter told me on the phone that they was going to schedule a video interview with their manager, and gave me some tips on what to prepare for.
    The video interview went okay, but the manager was unprepared. The manager mentioned about doing it again when they were better prepared, but I never heard back.
    The actual position was also pretty different from the online description.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBC.

Interview

Was interviewed via career fair at my university. Two on-site interviews, a video interview (where it flashes questions and you answer), a Skype interview, and then an offer the next day. Took around 2 months

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBC in August 2017.

Interview

I initially applied for an internship with Telemundo, and was asked to complete a video interview. This happened in an internet portal, where I was given a minute to read the question, and about a minute to answer the question. I had one redo where I could try again, but all my previous answers would be erased. A few days later, the hiring manager spoke with me on the phone about some logistical things. Then, I was sent an email saying that I was not the kind of intern they were looking for. I was disappointed, but not too long after, someone from another department at NBC reached out, saying they had been sent my resume. I spoke with him on the phone, exchanged some emails, sent a writing sample, had a phone call with another person in the department, and was accepted!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. They then reached out to me for a Video Interview with 4 video recorded questions and 2 written questions. Then a week or so later a HR personnel reached out for phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working as a Financial Analyst for NBC? What do you hope to take away from this opportunity?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a nice interview, couple uncomfortable questions but straight to the point. I love the idea of working at Nbc but something sound off about how the job it was really weird, and the interviewers judge me to quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why I got fired from a 3 years ago job!   1 Answer

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first asked to conduct a video interview and was then invited to come to 30 Rock for an in-person group interview with about 6 other candidates. The process was as to be expected and I don't remember them asking anything too crazy or off the wall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome an unexpected obstacle.   1 Answer

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty easy interview, simple questions about the past experience and projects were only asked in interview. Three rounds were happened and it was pretty easy interview.No need to worry.