NBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NBC

Sort:

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBC (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. It started with a phone interview, next in person with producers, and last interview with anchor. It was not as difficult as I expected it to be.

Interview Questions

• Pitch guests and story ideas for upcoming shows.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a salary, without the option to negotiate.

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC.

Interview

I was contacted out of the blue. I guess I had filled out an online application at some point, and they found my contact info through the archive. I only interviewed once, and it was pleasant, easy going. They called to tell me I got the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What kind of responsibilities would you like to take on that you haven't been able to so far?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through college, got an email and given a date for interview on campus but could not make it due to grace hopper. Was told that they would be at GHC, and left at that.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly and honest about the position. Also met members of his team in order to ask them questions about their positions and the group as a whole. This also showed if a potential candidate will fit in with the group. Smart move.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your job   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewing was an extremely long process. I had to meet with many different layers of company from initially HR, then my would be immediate supervisor to potential key coworkers from various departments. I came back 3 times because unfortunately not everyone was able to meet with me on the same day. I worked in LI so trip to NYC was difficult because I had to leave my then current job early enough to get to the interview before everyone left for the day. At my 3rd interview HR finally did offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the usual standard questions but my future boss kept asking me how I would handle a situation creatively. The position was for an art director of an entertainment company and even though I had prior entertainment experience my current job at that time was in pharmaceuticals. Also i thought it was strang at the time but HR asked me if I would have a problem firing people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an increase of $10,000 over intial offer

Internship Interview

Interview

I had a very casual conversation with interviewer. The interview seemed to respond positively to all answers that were creative and different. I enjoyed the interview process, and commend them for the positive experience.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was a pre-recorded interview. Definitely, do your research because I was not prepared. They ask a lot of questions related to NBC history and what is happening right now in their company. Don't go into it thinking you will just be answering behavior questions. It was really tough.

Interview Questions

• What are the three top stories you are following in the news right now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed twice. The interviewer was nice and respectful. I showed that I generally understood the required work and had a good work ethic. No hard/trick questions. Most questions dealt with actual material/real problems rather than concepts.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should be the leading story for today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It went well! Great people to talk to. The one thing I wish was different was creating a more expedited process. Took a bit too long to get everything set up.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I had to do a video interview. The computer asked me about 7 questions. I had time to prepare my answers for all of them. It was a little awkward but they told us they just do it to weed people out.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit at this company   1 Answer