NBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty easy interview, simple questions about the past experience and projects were only asked in interview. Three rounds were happened and it was pretty easy interview.No need to worry.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It went well! Great people to talk to. The one thing I wish was different was creating a more expedited process. Took a bit too long to get everything set up.

Booking Unit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

If your resume is chosen, you have a preliminary Video Interview where they ask basic questions like Why NBC? and What are 3 stories you are following right now? Then, the hiring manager matches you with employees if your video is good. If an employee likes you, you will either get a live or phone interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBC in November 2016.

Interview

Video interview, ask a couple questions they give you 30 seconds prep time before they start recording. They ask you 10 questions written on availability, if your in school, if you are authorized to work in the united states, if your able to get to New York city. Video consisted of what you knew about nbc, what skills or experience makes you a good candidate for this internship, what would be your dream interview position. what unique qualities will make you fit for this internship.

Interview Questions

• What are your future aspirations and goals.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC.

Interview

I submitted a resume, followed by a video interview answering questions about my past employment experiences, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Then I was contacted by the department I applied for for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have in [particular department]?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly and honest about the position. Also met members of his team in order to ask them questions about their positions and the group as a whole. This also showed if a potential candidate will fit in with the group. Smart move.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your job   1 Answer

News Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC.

Interview

There were 3 parts to the interview process. The first was an online application with short essay questions. It's really important to think these through and write meaningful answers as they will ask you about them later in the process. The second part was an interview in a city where you might be. Its important to prep for that interview. Most of the questions were technical and behavioral. Make sure you have a good story for what/why journalism and how you can benefit from/add to the program. Part three of the interview process is a group interview in New York. Pretty intimidating so you should be prepared. Practice your answers. Know the network and what type of stories you're most interested in covering. Know what is going on in the news and how the network is covering it. It's best to bring in a few examples. You're competing for about 10 spots and there are about 25 that are flown in for the interview. It's hard to be too prepared.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 stories you would pitch for Nightly News?   1 Answer

Camera Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBC (Albany, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and the interviewer was very upfront about the position and it's duties. I was asked about my experience and background in the field in which I was applying, and was given a tour after talking about myself and the position.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very discombobulated. Seems like they had no idea what they were doing. Also, 5 rounds for a part time role. Inefficient and an internal mess at scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?   1 Answer

Telemundo Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBC in March 2016.

Interview

Recorded 4 behavioral questions and 2 specific questions about the internship/company. The process was very streamlined - I never specifically heard from a recruiter, was just told by email I made it to the second round. The interviewed process was as follows: the question would be displayed for 30 seconds and after my camera would automatically record for 2 minutes (I could take breaks as long as I wanted in between questions).