NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, then on-site interview about previous experience. Mostly behavioral questions. They asked me about my skillset related to the job, so I showed them an example of my work. Interviewers were who I would end up working with throughout the duration of the summer. Overall good experience.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Had the general NBCUniversal video interview where it gives you a question then record you answering it. Then, I was brought on site to the NBCUniversal building in Universal City for an interview with two managers. It was pretty casual, nothing too difficult.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2017.

Interview

Had an interview by the college on-campus recruitment team. The interviewer was very knowledgeable and described the internship opportunities with great detail. Overall, a casual interview with a good feedback.

Casting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

After having been referred by a professor who was a former employee, I was called to take part in a 20 minute phone call. That led me to an inperson internview a week later. Afterwards I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There are three steps to the interview process. You send in an application online (the application is extensive, with several short answer questions about why you would like to be a part of the program. If you move on to the next step, it will be a video interview. The video portion has 3-5 questions. You will have about one minute to read the question, and one to three minutes to answer on the spot. If you move on to the next step, you are at the final round. It is an in person interview, where there is an individual interview, a group interview, and a panel interview. The whole process (from initial online application to final interview) takes about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you have made a mistake at work, and how did you come back from it.   Answer Question

Interview

There was a video interview to screen me, then a phone interview followed up with an in-person interview with HR and then the team with which I’d be working.

Page Program LA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Fill out online application with two essay questions
    2. Video interview (your answers are recorded via webcam but you're not talking to anyone) Its awkward but also convenient cause you can take it when you're ready. I thought this was really difficult because the you only had 15 seconds to read the questions (which were fairly long) and thing of your response before it started recording you. I think there were 4 questions.
    3. Panel Interview is like a 3-4 hour process where you go to the NBCUniversal building and are with 5 or 6 other candidates. I was interviewed by 3 NBC employees. We had a presentation that we had to prepare for (we were given the prompt 48 hours before our panel), then we were each asked two questions but they were the same for everyone so if you're at the end you had the whole time to prepare your answer. Then we were individually interviewed for 15 minutes. Finally we had a group project we worked on (drawing a Instagram post for the Page Insta). This was quite awkward because the interviewers sat in the room with us while we worked on it but couldn't help or answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. How will the page program help you achieve your goals and what are you still curious about?
      2. Describe a situation that you had to be mature and professional in the face of stress
      3. What is your superpower that people ask you for help with professionally?
      4. What did you do in your downtime at another job or internship?
      5. What is something you've been working on over the past year?
      6. Describe a time you had to navigate a difficult working relationship and what was the result?
      Also a ton of the other questions on this site came up as well   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The first interview is with an HR representative and it is your basic "tell me about yourself" interview. HR then decides to move you to the second round of interviews where someone from a specific area of the newsroom interviews you and asks you to elaborate on a specific skillset that pertains to the position (i.e. production, producing, sports)

East Coast Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview: The initial written application, the video interview, then the panel interview. I had my written application forwarded by and NBC employee. The video interview was probably the most difficult part of the interview process because you are talking to your computer with no person on the other end. It's also timed (15-30 sec to read the question, 1-2 min to answer). The panel interview wasn't as scary as it sounds. There's a group interview where you answer behavioral questions in front of the panel and 6-8 other candidates. There's a group activity that you complete in smaller (2-3 people) groups. There's the individual interview where to talk one-on-one with a panelist. Lastly, there's the 2 minute presentation that you do in front of the panelists and other candidates. They send details for the 2 minute presentation 48 hours before your panel date.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're teaching yourself?   Answer Question
    • Pretend it's one year from now and you've been through the page program. What do you hove to have gotten out of it?   Answer Question
    • What's one accomplishment you're especially proud of?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Fort Lee, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. First a phone screen then an in person interview. The only thing that I didn’t like was when I emailed the hiring partner & the recruiter, one told me they were still interviewing & the other told me the truth.