NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2018

2.8

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Applied online and after a month I received a Video Interview then they called me the next day and gave me an offer that very same day. Process was smooth and easy

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

It was fun and eye opening. the entire process was and experience and I am happy I did it. HR was very kind and made sure to make me feel comfortable.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviews consisted of background knowledge in media and production, as well as questions regarding current events. This is especially true if attempting to look in the NBC news department, so be prepared to discuss current political, economic or entertainment events / stories to earn bonus points.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your news, and why?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interview, phone screening, two in persons. HR took a very long time to get back. After the interview process, there is a background screening that took longer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Unfortunately, the process was; in my opinion, a waste of time. I was contacted by the recruiter through email. The email correspondance was unprofessional and I had to confirm that she was a real NBC recruiter or a scam (grammer, spelling, etc.). I received a call from the recruiter an hour and a half earlier then our scheduled phone interview.

The interviewer seemed to not even listen to my responses to the questions she was asking me. She seemed very uninterested and was just trying to meet the minimum of interviews she had to do. She repeated a question that I already answered twice previously.

Was unable to correctly answer the questions I had for her. I was also shocked on the salary she provided me, lack of relocation support, and zero rotational opportunities within the finance organization. Made me very disinterested towards the company right away.

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied online, and then they sent me a link to do a video interview. You had 15 seconds to read a question and 2 minutes to answer. The questions were 5-6.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a business topic that interests you lately
      Why this internship?   Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

It's definitely a long process, but it prepares you so well for any future interviews. I applied November 1, heard back that I got a video interview in mid-December. The video interview shows you a question for 15 seconds and then you have one minute to respond. Personally I thought it was the hardest part of the interview process.

Just after Christmas, I got an email that I had been selected for the Panel interview. That stage consists of a panel interview, an individual interview, a speech/presentation, and a group activity. It's definitely nerve-wracking, but I found it really fun. 2 days before your interview they send you the topic that you'll give a 2-minute presentation on; I loved that aspect, but I'm one of those weird people who love public speaking.

I heard back that I had been selected the Monday after their last round of interviews in the late afternoon.

Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2017.

Interview

One brief phone interview with the manager and email communication with the recruiter. I felt like I interviewed them more than they interviewed me. Declined Job offer due to insanely low pay rate ($12). They seemed nice enough and gave a good description of the role and expectations.

Late Night With Seth Meyers Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2017.

Interview

Was asked to complete a video interview after being referred to the program. The Video interview had a couple short written questions about preferences and about 5 or so video answers.

Interview Questions

• How does your prior experience make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, then on-site interview about previous experience. Mostly behavioral questions. They asked me about my skillset related to the job, so I showed them an example of my work. Interviewers were who I would end up working with throughout the duration of the summer. Overall good experience.