NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2018

2.8

Commercial Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 managers separately after an employee submitted my resume. All of them were very nice and helpful. They talked about the job in detail. They got back to me within the week to tell me they offered me the job.

Commercial Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

One day only which took about 2 hours. Met with four different managers (30 minutes each). Met with each manager one on one in their offices. All were very nice, not intimidating. They all reviewed the position specifics then asked about my own experience and why I wanted to join NBC. Very easy interview process. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• - Why NBC
      - Why Commercial Operations
      - Tell us about your background
      - Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      - Asked basic broadcasting questions
      All around basic interview   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The first step was a video interview. You get about 30 seconds to read the question and then about a minute or so to record your answer on video. The second step was a phone interview with the recruiter. Once you've passed that step there will be a series of in-person interviews with people of varying levels.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you choose to apply to NBCUniversal?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are your career goals?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you handle constantly shifting priorities?   1 Answer

Photography Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview for me was very simple. I think it depends on your direct supervisor. My interview was more so a "Get to know me" kind of phone call. My boss was trying to determine if we would work well together because we would be spending every day together for the duration of my internship. It was very casual and he asked me about my experience an goals for my internship.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied then I was interviewed in Chicago. I was one of 15 people. It was a 30 min interview. Questioned varied from future career goals, what stories you want to cover, what work have you done, etc.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Mainly behavioral questions with HR and resume discussion and questions around responsibilities, length of employment and gaps between jobs. Explanations of specific roles, projects and day to day operations

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation involving a conflict and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied back in February and didn't hear from the Recruiter until mid to end March. I had a initial phone interview with the recruiter describing the position. Then she schedule a phone interview with a peer 2 days later. The interview was very simple no technical questions. The interviewer just asked if I had experience with Java and Oracle Database experience, which I did. Overall, it seem as if the interviewer was burned out and the interview was dragging on. The interview consist of many behavior questions. It sounds as if the company went through some layoffs.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick a character in a movie or book , who would you be and why?
      By 2030, robots is suppose to take over 30% of the jobs? What is your opinion about this article?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Really easy. I had four different interviews with the manager and a team member. Some technical questions here and there but for the most part majority of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Linux systems/troubleshooting questions. How long have I been working, what projects did I work on etc.   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly brief as I was an internal NBC Candidate applying for the position. They asked questions about my editing and writing experience, specifically script writing, and why I wanted to be a producer. They also asked about social media experience, and what apps I most used and how I used these apps at work and in my day to day life. They also asked for specific news examples when I thought i shined and why.

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe a song that best described you in the workplace, what would it be?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone and Panel Interview. Very efficient and friendly. They try to help you get the job and look at your growth potential and how well you fit in. Honestly, a great company to work for so far and the interview wasn't bad at all.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult decision you've ever made at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straightforward. The salary was higher than expected so there wasn't much of a negotiation.