NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.8

NBC News/MSNBC East Coast Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I applied online in February with a referral and did a one-way video interview in April, which less challenging than I expected. Haven't heard back for a second interview yet.

Interview Questions

• What NBC/MSNBC platforms do you use?   1 Answer

Senior Post Workflow Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Efficient and fast interview process. There was a phone screening followed by an in-person interview about 1 week later. I met with 5 interviewers for about 45 minutes each. They asked STAR questions and took notes on their computers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a decision the group made and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from a recruiter about a week and a half later. I got a link to answer a few questions by video (you have 30 seconds to read each questions and I had a minute to answer each). I just did the interview and don't know whether they'll choose to continue the recruiting process yet.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • How do you get your news?   Answer Question
    • What kind of developments in the media industry have you been following?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in MSNBC and NBC news and what appealed to you in the description for this position?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Four activities: speech on a topic they give you 48 hours before, a panel interview where they ask the entire group of candidates 2 questions, a one on one interview, and a group activity where you are timed on how you work together.

UCP Current Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was asked in for an interview. Interview with two guys, both seemed nice. They asked the standard interview questions, not a whole lot of chit chat. Pleasant interview and I thought it went well but didn't hear back for three weeks. I reached out to them and immediately got an unpersonalized email response that I was no longer being considered. If they knew they weren't going to hire me I wish they had told me sooner since I thought it went quite well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about previous work experience, asked about parts of my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Video and in-person interview. The recruiters are really kind and make the process fluid and straightforward. The interviews themselves are very behavioral and are more enjoyable than most, as the interviewer was great at stemming conversation.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had a face to face interview. I was referred by a company colleague. I was asked to check in by phone once a week, which I did for several years. I had to wait until a position became open.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Long, but thorough and they ask you all the right questions. Just be prepared and know your resume and the company inside and out. They asked me about my past experience, and where I would like to grow moving forward.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite journalistic projects that you've worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Really disappointing interview experience. From recruiter messages streaming past 9pm to organizational problems, I was surprised to see the lack of organization. My office interview was a nightmare and made me feel completely alienated. My interviews were scheduled on three different floors back to back and I had no one to escort me or let me into the security clearance doors on each floor. My first interviewer was 15 minutes late which messed up the rest of my schedule. I thought it was extremely strange I was walking (or in this case running) through 30 rock alone going from floor to floor. It left a very poor impression with me when I left unfortunately. Decided not to follow through with the process further after these experiences. This might have been a unique situation but it was enough to make me rethink the culture and environment.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2018.

Interview

I applied in February on their Campus2Career Website and then in the middle of March received an email from a recruiter with an invitation for a video interview. The video interview was easier than I expected. You received 30 seconds to read a question and had around 1:15-2:30 minutes to respond. There were four video questions. There were nine written responses which were very easy, just asking about GPA, dates available to work, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NBCUniversal? What makes you a candidate to join our team?   Answer Question
    • What are some past experiences from jobs or internships that qualify you for this position?   Answer Question