Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,033 Interview Reviews

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my app online, a few days later an HR rep contacted me for a short phone call. It was a standard phone call - talked about my background, my interest in Nielsen (definitely an important question that you need to answer well). It went well enough that she sent me a case study, which was meant to be completed within a few days. I thought it was pretty simple, but then again, I never got feedback on it.

Next part was an in person interview, where I met with a VP and then two team members after. Two 30 minute interviews that weren't too difficult, pretty conversational with a mix of personality questions and more explaining my background and why I think I would be a good fit. After the second interview, I was introduced to more members from the team, which I thought was a good sign that I had performed fairly well.

Followed up after with thank you notes, then a week or so later sent an email asking if a decision had been made. No response, then sent one a few days ago and no response. Not really sure what they are looking for. I doubt I was the most qualified candidate, but I thought I did well enough to warrant a response following the interview. It's a nice building and obviously a really well known company, but I was disappointed to just be ignored post interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I had 4 interviews total over a 3 month period. First was with a phone interview with a Nielsen recruiter. I has to take an online timed assessment and pass to continue on. The assessment contained questions about my personality and problem solving skills/abilities. Second was a phone interview with a manager two weeks after the first. Third was an in person interview with the manager from the second phone interview and another manager. It was about 1.5 weeks after the second interview. The fourth and final interview was a month after the third. I met with the director of the Center of Excellence.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Why should we consider you for the job?   Answer Question
    • We would like to add a new type of milk at a grocery store. There is only enough shelf space for 3 types. The new milk is chocolate. The current offerings are nonfat, 1% and 2% milk. Of the 3 current offerings which would you select to be removed and replaced by the chocolate?   1 Answer
    • What attracted you to Nielsen? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your time?   Answer Question
    • A country has six seaports, E, F, G, H, I and J, where ships only run from:
      J to E
      J to I
      J to G
      I to H

If G port is closed, which of the following trips is impossible?
      1 Answer
    • Six people, A, B, C, D, E, and F are ranked by tenure with the company; the person with the most tenure is ranked highest.

A is ranked above B.
      E is ranked above both C and D.

The ranking from highest to lowest reads: F, ?, C, A, ?, ?, where the question marks stand for B, D and E in some ordering?

Referring to the above information, which placement listed below is possible?
      1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and professional. Approximately 2 months from beginning to end. Phone screening with recruiter, online assessment, one hour phone interview with team member, then on-site with 3 other team members. Recruiter was very professional, and in general everyone I came in contact with was genuine, intelligent, and had a balance of making me feel at ease while asking good pointed questions. If you do your homework and are enthusiastic about the career path then you will, at the very least, be in the running.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nielsen?
      Why do you think you are a good fit for the position?
      Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

There were 3 phone interviews before an on-site interview, where you complete a rather-straightforward test, followed by 2-3 in-person interviews. Interview with team members across different levels (manager, analyst, etc)

Interview Questions

• Lots of business case problems; things like how would you estimate the market size for a drink. More interested in how you'd answer the problem than arriving at any exact, correct answer.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Google Hangout Interview with Manager and Dev Lead. Talked with the Sr Developer and Manager. First manager asked series of questions and then the Sr Developer. It was very scripted.

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The process was fantastic. The invitational in Tampa is well put on and thought out. It is highly competitive though as the best students from across the country are there.

Interview Questions

• They made you analyze a case study.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

I got an interview chance with Nielsen Chicago office.
    I think it's just a pre-interview with HR and the duration should be about 30min.
    First time: asked half day off, sat there 30min waiting for the incoming call but nothing happened. During in the following emails, HR said she called me three times but it's a busy signal. Then we rescheduled it to 4/10/2017, and this time I’m gonna call her.
    Second time: asked half day off, called her on time, no one answers the phone, left a voice mail, sent out email asked if she can call me back, and called again 15 minutes later, again no one answers.
    I haven’t received any feedback or information yet. Don’t know what happened. Can’t believe this.

Intern Interview

Interview

I took an assessment to test my analytical skills, then they called me for an interview (this interview was not with a recruiter, rather an employee of the company), then they sent me the offer letter.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in through the entree level straight out of school 2 year program. Had an initial phone interview with HR, then face to face with someone in the department in the office. Pretty standard so far, not too many technical questions if any at all.
    Then I got moved to a direct hire position instead, which had not been posted yet. Had another phone interview with my future boss (remote position) who asked a lot of questions about my thesis to see if I had a deep understanding of the dataset I was working with. Probably the most applicable interview I've ever had. Was terrifying, thought I definitely didn't have the job, but got called back for another phone interview with another senior person in the department, which was a nice conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the nitty gritty of a dataset you've worked with.   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview, after that there is a online testing for logic, behavior . One week later, informed second round interview, 2 45 minutes interviews by the team member.

Interview Questions

• Please estimate how many miles are run on trendmill in a day in US.
      Go through the CV