Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,223 Interview Reviews

2.9

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round of interview is conducted in campus. The questions include self introduction, your motivation, your understanding of their business lines and some background questions. There will be tests to evaluate your Putonghua skills. Then it comes the market sizing questions.

Interview Questions

• How many KFCs are there in Hong Kong?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was the first gate as a quick review of past experiences and a review of the position and min. salary. Next was a face-to-face interview with the Sales manager. A number of questions were what if? - explain and tell me how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• You are in a house talking about the product with the mother for 2hours - with kids playing all over the place - than the father comes home and asks what you are doing here?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of two Nielsen managers. They were each very friendly and laid out the job specifications for me very clearly. I would really love to work for this company and hope that I get an offer. They sound like they are a very great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Interview

I filled out the application on a wednesday, and received a call back that friday. Went in for the interview on a tuesday. The interview was at a very nice hotel, and the Trainer was easy to talk to BUT she was very serious about what you knew about the business. Review those videos, and be informed about what Nielsen is! The employees love their job, and they look to hire people who will love it as much as they do.

Interview Questions

• What is Nielsen? What do Nielsen Sales Representatives do? What sale tactics do you use in odd situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary is listed

Company car, computer, and phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

HR emailed to schedule phone interview. It was basic overview. Got an offer to go forward to the face to face interview. I had to wait a little before the interview because the head guy was in a meeting. I was interviewed by him and the person that would be my direct supervisor. The head guy did most of the questioning. They read off of a three to four page questionnaire. He seemed to be in a rush and to just be going through the motions. I asked for their emails and she said she didn't want to give it to me because her name is too long. I'm like really? Who cares. I got her supervisors email but he never responded to my thank you email. My advice is if you are too busy to pay attention, reschedule the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Arlington, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through glassdoor, then about 2days later i was contacted by a recruiter via email for a phone interview. The phone interview was another 2 days later just your average questions then i was invited for a face to face interview. When i arrived i was interviewed by two hiring managers they both took turns asking a series of questions and afterwards said they would discuss with recruiter and get back with me was offered position the next day and submitted to background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen in December 2014.

Interview

They read off a page that had pre-made questions. Just make sure you know the basic computer functions. There are questions about how comfortable you are on the phone. It was a very basic customer services interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview that consisted mostly of questions about work experience and a couple behavioral questions. Next was the in person interview which was conducted by two Panel Managers at the same time. They both asked several behavioral questions and questions regarding my skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I had phone interview, then went in for personal interview with testing and was hired within a week. Training was 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online, got a call a couple days later to set up interview. Went to interview, met with two people initially, but two other people got called in to sit in on interview since there were two positions open. The interviewers were very amicable, describing the job, asking typical interview questions (why should they hire you, situational questions, why you want to work there, etc). The recruiter contacted me around the time they said they would decide and asked me if I was still interested and could come in for a second interview. This interview was a 1 on 1 with hiring manager. I thought this one went better than the first one, especially since most of the items she asked me to explain I had done at home (setting up cable-box, trouble shooting a connection, etc). About a week later, as they had estimated, I got an email saying I didn't get it but to keep looking at jobs in their company. Recruiter was very nice, my only down side to the job experience was that I asked for feedback, but they were not allowed to provide any.