Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017
1,138 Interview Reviews

2.9

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

10 rounds of interview. 2 in person and 8 telephonic. Mostly leadership related question and a lot of cultural fit assessment type of questions. Also made me speak with the team

Lead Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Two phone interviews asking stupid, personal questions about family and friends in last one without a chance to see and meet someone in person. Told by hiring manager I got the job and to await the next step, an in-person interview with Director and team within 1-2 days and to call her directly if a delay. About 5 days later got rejection email. This left a really bad experience. I felt distributive injustice, and it destroyed the company's reputation in my book.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Fair process and people were very nice. Went through four phone interviews. They just went through a big reduction and is in flux right now. Prepare well and you should be fine.

PSAE Buy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Got recruited through my college career fair and networking events. Submitted a resume an cover letter. Part one was an online assessment that was a times logic quiz. Part two was an interview, mainly asking about my resume and typical behavioral questions like a time I disagreed with someone leading me. Small, low key case-type question.

Interview Questions

• Showed a chart of milk sales in a grocery store that included chocolate, skim, 1%, 2% . The grocery store wanted to add soy milk but had to take one type of milk off of the shelf. Based on what was seen in the chart, which would I take off the shelf and why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied through my college's career site. Had to attend a "pre night" the night before which consisted of meeting our interviewer and him not being able to answer many questions and saying he never interviewed anyone before. It made me feel worse rather than better. The interview itself was 45 minutes long. Half standard behavioral questions and half marketing and case questions. Despite this job description not requiring a marketing degree or even a class, you really needed it to succeed in this interview. I'm not sure why i was even selected, when they could see i had no background in marketing. Then we had to take a 45 minute online test, half personality questions which felt like they were there to trick you, and half logic questions mostly about knowing the order of things and relationships. Got rejected 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• How many slices of pizza are eaten a year in Manhattan?   Answer Question

Commercial Buy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was standard across other applicants from my university. The process began with a screening call with a recruiter to determine basic information and interest, followed by an assessment consisting of a personality/behavioral survey and a logical reasoning test. I then was invited to do a 45 video interview over Google Hangouts with another recruiter, who asked behavioral questions and brain teaser/probability questions. The final round site visit consisted of three behavioral interviews and one straightforward case project.

Overall I was very impressed with the promptness and genuine interest from Nielsen's HR team!

Interview Questions

• What was a time you completed a project with not enough information available to you? Pick a brand with a problem; how would you solve that problem? If you had to choose between launching a food product with an appealing concept, but poor taste, versus a product with a less appealing concept, but great taste, which would you choose?   Answer Question

Analyst, Delivery & Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. The interview was not conversational, it was just going down the list of my technical and analytical qualifications. I felt like one small stumble of the words was all it took to not be considered and I did not feel very welcomed by the recruiter. The interview was pretty in line with the job qualifications in the sense that they went through the technical qualifications to make sure I matched. I am currently in a completely different field so I had not really had much experience with their systems, but had similar experience with similar systems. I was asked how confident I was in learning new systems, which I felt pretty confident since I have had to adapt a lot in the past. The recruiter was running behind so I didn't get to ask any questions, but said to email any questions I had. I would also be sent a test that has puzzle-like questions to see how well I can analyze data. I immediately messaged some questions to the recruiter and received no feedback. Waited a week, never received the test. I emailed back that week and said I never received the test. 2 days later, I got an apology and was sent the test. The test was not too complicated if you think through and remember the details. Have a piece of paper ready so you can draw out different scenarios and visually work through questions. Each question is timed and you only get a couple minutes, but for the most part I didn't feel too pressured. You'll find questions that are structured something along the lines of "there are 5 trains A, B, C, D, and E...B left 2 hours after C. C left at 4 P.M. D left before B....etc, when did train A leave?" Following this, there is a quick personality examination that's just rating yourself on different personality/behavioral traits. I know for a fact that I passed the test, however, one week later I received a blanket statement email saying that "after careful consideration of your qualifications and experience, we have decided to pursue other candidates who are a closer fit with this position." It was extremely frustrating that I'm taking time out of my day at my current job to jump through all of the hoops and take an hour long test, and then, after talking to the recruiter, passing the test, and wasting time, I am told that my qualifications are the reason why I did not get an offer. If that is the reason, I am unsure of why I was reached out to in the first place for an interview or even put through to the testing round of the interview process. I don't want this to discourage others from any interview with Nielsen as I know it is a great company and if you actually have each exact qualification or close to it you'll do fine, it's more of a message to Nielsen that recruiters (and the recruitment process) make or break the image of your company. I had to go through way too much trouble with reaching out to the recruiter twice in order to get a response, and feeling like I was being heavily judged on my qualifications, just to end up empty handed with nothing but "thank you but no." (Also I don't want this to seem biased because I didn't get an offer, as I most likely wasn't going to accept anyways as they only matched my current salary).

ELP- Commercial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2017.

Interview

Easy and simple application process.
    The interview was a very conversational interview.
    Just be able to speak on your past experiences. Also know a little about data analytics, but not too much, but something to impress them with

Panel Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter a few days later for a phone interview she just asked me some questions about myself and my experience. After the phone interview she scheduled me for an in person interview with two managers later that week, during that interview they just asked me some of the same questions and some more from a sheet. After that interview I received a phone call from those managers for me to have a short phone interview with their manager. About an hour after that I got a phone call from the same recruiter offering me the job. The whole process though it seems kind of tedious was actually pretty easy and the managers were very conversational with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an issue at work?   Answer Question

Emerging Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I met a recruiter on campus and was called later that day for an interview. The interviewer asked some behavioral questions and then 2 fairly easy technical style questions. I was told I was a great candidate but didn't get to move further in the process.

Interview Questions

• Sort an unsorted deck of cards.   1 Answer