Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017
1,054 Interview Reviews

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Few rounds of phone interview. Was supposed to go in for an on site but was too far. First call was general, then a personality one followed by a couple quant ones.

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Talent Acquisition professional. We set up a time to talk briefly within a few days. It didn't take long to apply online, and their system does more than pull information from your resume; it also allows a chance for you to add information. After I applied online, Nielsen sent me an email that day to set up a Google hangout interview with three people in management roles. They explained their roles at the company, asked me to walk them through my experience, answered my questions, and asked questions that made sense for the position. It was a pleasant experience. If I had been interested, a second interview would have been the next step.

Interview Questions

• There are many times that you will hear "no" in this role of going door-to-door. How will you deal with that.   1 Answer
    • Your schedule will include evenings and weekends so that you can speak with families when they are home. This includes all types of neighborhoods. Are you comfortable with that?   1 Answer

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2017.

Interview

Phone meeting with HR, then a 5 person video interview (Google Hangouts) then met with Sales Manager in person. All nice, professional people. But alas, did not get the position :(

Interview Questions

• How would you get past security at a gated community   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Applied online but got a call back because of an internal referral and me proactively reaching out to the hiring manager. The whole process from initial conversation to an offer being made was a little over a month and a half.

Initial round was a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an jn-person/phone with associates and a Sr. VP.

Overall process was informative and very organic.

Interview questions asked we're pretty standard.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty extensive: phone screening, online behavioral/quantitative assessment, 45-minute phone interviews (x2), 45-minute in-person interviews (x3), an in-person paper and pencil assessment, and a final hour-long phone interview.

At best, my experience was clinical; at worst, it was rude and unprofessional. The recruiter was very short in her communications and not helpful when I asked about advice to prepare or what to expect for subsequent interviews. The phone interviews were a bit awkward (as phone interviews often can be), but the employees were generally engaged and we had interesting discussions. The in-person interviews, however, were terrible. It was clear that none of the 3 people had taken a look at my application materials (which I know because 2 of them explicitly told me), which caused confusion because they'd ask me questions which could easily be answered by looking at my resume (i.e. do you have any programming experience, what was your graduate degree in, etc.). I know I'm the applicant and I don't need red-carpet treatment, but even a minimal level of preparation indicates a mutual respect between potential colleagues, and allows us to bypass the pleasantries and get to more interesting conversations. Also, the in-person interviews were cold, rude (one laughed at me when I told him about some client-facing experience I had), and frank/unprofessional (one blatantly told me I wasn't the best candidate for the job, and the manners of the final lunch-interview were alarming).

However, I took the position when offered with the hope that my luck would change - and it did. My team has been phenomenally supportive, which suggests that I drew a few unfortunate interviewers by chance. So, don't expect a high-touch recruiting experience, but I recommend that you don't let it cloud your judgment if you're really excited about the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine whether your model is good?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my app online, a few days later an HR rep contacted me for a short phone call. It was a standard phone call - talked about my background, my interest in Nielsen (definitely an important question that you need to answer well). It went well enough that she sent me a case study, which was meant to be completed within a few days. I thought it was pretty simple, but then again, I never got feedback on it.

Next part was an in person interview, where I met with a VP and then two team members after. Two 30 minute interviews that weren't too difficult, pretty conversational with a mix of personality questions and more explaining my background and why I think I would be a good fit. After the second interview, I was introduced to more members from the team, which I thought was a good sign that I had performed fairly well.

Followed up after with thank you notes, then a week or so later sent an email asking if a decision had been made. No response, then sent one a few days ago and no response. Not really sure what they are looking for. I doubt I was the most qualified candidate, but I thought I did well enough to warrant a response following the interview. It's a nice building and obviously a really well known company, but I was disappointed to just be ignored post interview.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview request email from HR a little over a week later. Did an initial phone screen with HR to make sure I'm human and sane and literate. Was assigned an analytics project to turn in about a week later, along with a few in-person interviews, where I met with two people at a time. Heard back a week after that to schedule a second round of interviews, then a week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all pretty standard, why you want the job, what you'll bring to the table, background, etc. A few asked about the assignment they gave, one person asked a pretty straightforward reasoning question a la the "golf balls in a bus" scenario.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Clearwater, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very detailed, asking me about my experience and background, how I would handle problems and issues and if I can work in the fast pace environment and be a self-starter.

Interview Questions

• Years of Experience in Management
      How may direct reports
      Detailed project questions
      Agile practices   Answer Question

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Within two weeks I received a call from two recruiters, first one went over a brief role description, the second asked me how my background related to the position. After, had a remote video interview (panel interview), followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your background relate to the position, why are you interested in the position, what do you know about Nielsen.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I had 4 interviews total over a 3 month period. First was with a phone interview with a Nielsen recruiter. I has to take an online timed assessment and pass to continue on. The assessment contained questions about my personality and problem solving skills/abilities. Second was a phone interview with a manager two weeks after the first. Third was an in person interview with the manager from the second phone interview and another manager. It was about 1.5 weeks after the second interview. The fourth and final interview was a month after the third. I met with the director of the Center of Excellence.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Why should we consider you for the job?   Answer Question
    • We would like to add a new type of milk at a grocery store. There is only enough shelf space for 3 types. The new milk is chocolate. The current offerings are nonfat, 1% and 2% milk. Of the 3 current offerings which would you select to be removed and replaced by the chocolate?   1 Answer
    • What attracted you to Nielsen? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your time?   Answer Question
    • A country has six seaports, E, F, G, H, I and J, where ships only run from:
      J to I
      J to G
      I to H

If G port is closed, which of the following trips is impossible?   1 Answer
    • Six people, A, B, C, D, E, and F are ranked by tenure with the company; the person with the most tenure is ranked highest.

A is ranked above B.
      E is ranked above both C and D.

The ranking from highest to lowest reads: F, ?, C, A, ?, ?, where the question marks stand for B, D and E in some ordering?

Referring to the above information, which placement listed below is possible?   1 Answer