Nielsen Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,727 of over 1.7K interviews

Employee Referral14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodra

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Vadodra) in May 2021

Interview

I applied online through the Nielsen website and a week later got a link for an online aptitude test. After taking the test, I got a call from HR the next day asking to schedule an interview. The interviewers were extremely unprofessional to say the lease. It was an online interview through Google Meet and one of the interviewers got a call in-between the process. The person started talking on the phone while I was answering his question. I stopped answering and the second interviewer muted the person talking on phone and asked me to continue.

Interview Questions
  • Open Excel to generate random data and use vlookup, xlookup, countif and other formulas.
    1 Answer

Nielsen

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

There was one interviewer and me. They asked a lot of subjective questions, and wanted me to answer how I'd respond in certain situations. It was doable, but hard to come up with answers on the spot without professional experience.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

Very bad experience. The recruiter called me after seeing my LinkedIn profile. After the first call with the recruiter, he was fast enough to schedule the *technical* interview within next couple of days. Call with recruiter : Tell about your work experience, why looking for a change, salary expectation. First *Technical* round : It was supposed to be a technical interview, but it was the least technical interview I have given so far. Since there was hardly any technical questions, I was pretty sure I have cleared the first round as I have answered most of them. I kept on following up with the recruiter to give a feedback. I also told him to let me know if they are going ahead with another candidate also, but he didn't reply. Just a note to the recruiting team: Like the way you guys are so fast in scheduling interview, likewise please let the candidate know about the feedback so that they can resume the job hunt again. "With great power comes great responsibility". N.B : I have 10 years of development experience, in product based company and in Big 4 as well ( all full time ).

Interview Questions
  • Questions : 1) about spring bean scope 2) Spring batch 3) Have you worked on api 4) Have you worked on microservice 5) Self join from RDBMS

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

CV screening, then if accepted interview with a recruiter, we went through my resume, later on I attempted math test and had an interview with 2 managers, where I had to crush a business case. It lasted 2 hours

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about yourself, describe your responsibilities at your last employer

Nielsen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

I applied a job through the online and recruiter contacted me. After talking to recruiter, the recruiter set up a phone call with hiring manager. I could not pass the next step.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

Initial Call, Interview, and Presentation. It was easy until you face the presentation. Lots of questions were asked during my presentation- even if you didnt know they checked how well you answer.

Interview Questions
  • Questions on your presentation skills

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Met with the data science recruiter and the director of the team. Had a technical interview with the director and the staff data scientist on the team. Had a group call with some members of the team. Met with the director's boss.

Interview Questions
  • Technical test was a live, timed test where you could use any resources you needed to. It involved a series of short, straightforward Python tasks involving lists/dictionaries followed by a pandas data transformation task in a Google Colab notebook. Then I was asked to analyze a regression task output and any potential issues, followed by some general questions like, what are the pros/cons of random forests vs. gradient boosted forests; if you were trying to predict XYZ, what would you consider using, etc. Most of the other questions were around my past work or other case type questions - how would you solve this or go about doing this?

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de Mexico

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Ciudad de Mexico) in Apr 2021

Interview

Muy dinámico y fácil. Te ponen preguntas y te grabas con algún dispositivo para contestarlas en el momento y hora que tú elijas. Son 5 preguntas en total y te dan 3 minutos para contestar cada una de las preguntas.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

process is fine, but salary is less, good atmosphere, great ambience, people talk nice, interview has 3 rounds, look for better options, will refer friends as well, nice interview, HR and manager round is difficult

Interview Questions
  • what is your strength and weakness

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

The interview followed a career fair on campus. There were mostly situational questions throughout the interview. I was emailed to schedule a time to set up this interview. There was one case question as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,727 Interviews